PDA

View Full Version : 11 Suspended so far in Biogenesis Case

Domeshot17
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9540076/mlb-suspensions-agreed-11-players-report-says

Biggest names are Nelson Cruz and Jhonny Peralta, no shockers, AROD coming up later

thomas35forever
08-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Serves 'em all right. Anything to try to clean up the game is fine with me.

ohiosoxfan
08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/rangers/2013/08/05/nelson-cruz-accepts-50-game-suspension-biogenesis/2619221/

Is this another opportunity to move ARios??? If so, let's not miss out.

MeteorsSox4367
08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Of the names listed, I don't believe Valdespin was on there before. Fifty games seems somewhat lenient.

DeadMoney
08-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Of the names listed, I don't believe Valdespin was on there before. Fifty games seems somewhat lenient.

Especially when MLB conveniently pushed the announcements/agreements back as far as possible, but still to a point where all 12 guys have 50 or more games left in the season.
*Kansas City Royals: 54 games left
*Minnesota Twins: 54 games left
*Detroit Tigers: 53 games left
*Chicago White Sox: 53 games left
*New York Mets: 53 games left
*New York Yankees: 52 games left
*Los Angeles Angels: 52 games left
*Houston Astros: 52 games left
*Miami Marlins: 52 games left
*St. Louis Cardinals: 52 games left
*Los Angeles Dodgers: 52 games left
*San Francisco Giants: 52 games left
*Tampa Bay Rays: 51 games left
*Toronto Blue Jays: 51 games left
*Cleveland Indians: 51 games left
*Oakland Athletics: 51 games left
*Seattle Mariners: 51 games left
*Washington Nationals: 51 games left
*Philadelphia Phillies: 51 games left
*Pittsburgh Pirates: 51 games left
*Chicago Cubs: 51 games left
*Milwaukee Brewers: 51 games left
*Arizona Diamondbacks: 51 games left
*Baltimore Orioles: 50 games left
*Texas Rangers: 50 games left
*Atlanta Braves: 50 games left
*Cincinnati Reds: 50 games left
*San Diego Padres: 50 games left
*Boston Red Sox: 49 games left
*Colorado Rockies: 49 games left

Really, I'm just glad they're doing something at this point.

Tragg
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/rangers/2013/08/05/nelson-cruz-accepts-50-game-suspension-biogenesis/2619221/

Texas had expected him to appeal it.

The thing is that Texas is losing one of its 2 sluggers. Rios isn't a slugger replacement. He's a complimentary hitter...one more suitable to the way the Pirate are set up.

russ99
08-05-2013, 03:14 PM
A-Rod got suspended the rest of this season and all of next year.

Bummer, and I had my giant fake syringe with "A-ROID" on the sides ready to go for tonight...

Rocky Soprano
08-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Bummer, and I had my giant fake syringe with "A-ROID" on the sides ready to go for tonight...

He's appealing and playing.

DeadMoney
08-05-2013, 03:16 PM

Well you should still bring it, since he'll be playing tonight (his suspension doesn't begin until Thursday - no idea why - and he'll be appealing).

downstairs
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Well tonight's game should be interesting...

Paulwny
08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Well you should still bring it, since he'll be playing tonight (his suspension doesn't begin until Thursday - no idea why - and he'll be appealing).

ARod has 72 hrs to appeal so the suspension begins Thur.

kobo
08-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Letting that fraud appeal his suspension is ridiculous. It will be even more ridiculous if it gets reduced in any way.

Hitmen77
08-05-2013, 03:45 PM

I guess it's Howie Clark's turn to say "Ha!" Maybe Dallas Braden is laughing his ass off too.

:payrod

A-Rod sold his soul a long time ago. I'm just sorry his suspension isn't longer. I hope this scandal keeps him out of the HOF.

Moses_Scurry
08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I could be wrong on this, but won't the Yankees get insurance money (something like 80%) if Rodriguez doesn't play any games this year? I say, as a hater of the Yankees, let him play a game or two so they don't get off that hook. Anything that hurts the Yankees in any way is a good thing, in my opinion.

Even if I am wrong on the whole insurance thing, it is fun to watch this train wreck happen. I only wish that tonight's game was in NY and not Chicago.

Paulwny
08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I could be wrong on this, but won't the Yankees get insurance money (something like 80%) if Rodriguez doesn't play any games this year? I say, as a hater of the Yankees, let him play a game or two so they don't get off that hook. Anything that hurts the Yankees in any way is a good thing, in my opinion.

Even if I am wrong on the whole insurance thing, it is fun to watch this train wreck happen. I only wish that tonight's game was in NY and not Chicago.

I think, also not sure, that the insurance money the Yanks receive is if ARod is physically unable to play, injury.
The Yanks don't have to pay him during his suspension.

Moses_Scurry
08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I think, also not sure, that the insurance money the Yanks receive is if ARod is physically unable to play, injury.
The Yanks don't have to pay him during his suspension.

I get that, but there have been 110 or so games this season. I always thought that you didn't get insurance money unless the player goes the entire season without playing a game. So, if I am understanding correctly, Rodriguez would get paid for the first 110 games no matter what. If he does not play any games, insurance would pay him 80%, the Yanks would pay 20%. If he plays even one game, the Yanks would pay 100% with no insurance reimbursement.

Without doing the math, I'd guess the Yanks would save 10 million or so with the insurance.

Paulwny
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I get that, but there have been 110 or so games this season. I always thought that you didn't get insurance money unless the player goes the entire season without playing a game. So, if I am understanding correctly, Rodriguez would get paid for the first 110 games no matter what. If he does not play any games, insurance would pay him 80%, the Yanks would pay 20%. If he plays even one game, the Yanks would pay 100% with no insurance reimbursement.

Without doing the math, I'd guess the Yanks would save 10 million or so with the insurance.

http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2013/07/25/insurance-caught-in-the-web-of-a-rod-injury-saga

Madvora
08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
What's it going to be like for this idiot (Rodriguez) if he tries to return to the MLB in 2015? Will he try? Will someone still take him?

LoveYourSuit
08-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Listening to Boers and Bernstein right now and they are calling out any Sox fan a hypocrite if they boo Arod. Assuring that we had dopers on the 2005 squad. Reading between the lines on what they said, Rowand is one of them. Who else?

DeadMoney
08-05-2013, 04:24 PM
What's it going to be like for this idiot (Rodriguez) if he tries to return to the MLB in 2015? Will he try? Will someone still take him?

Well, I'm sure the isn't the end of the Yankees/A-Rod story, but as it stands now A-Rod has $61 million reasons to not retire and try to play out the last 3 years of his deal. And that's not including the $6 million he has lined up for each HR milestone that are 13, 67 and 108 HRs away.

Soxman219
08-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Listening to Boers and Bernstein right now and they are calling out any Sox fan a hypocrite if they boo Arod. Assuring that we had dopers on the 2005 squad. Reading between the lines on what they said, Rowand is one of them. Who else?

I heard that what Bernstein said

First off, we already boo Tyler Flowers, he sucks.

Second, I remember after the 2005 WS win, there was a report out that there was steroid use during that postseason and we were all worried that the Sox were involved. It turned out it was some Yankees and the Sox were clean.

Third, why don't they tell us who then?

Rocky Soprano
08-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Are you serious?
I'm glad I don't listen to those dumbasses.
If they have no proof and they were included in these wave of suspensions why even bring something like that up?

DeadMoney
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM

I'm not sure how that makes someone hypocritical... Because we cheered for them when there was little in terms of a drug policy and not a single guy on the team was suspected of anything? Sure.

They'd have a better case if they said we're hypocritical for cheering Manny while he was here (after suspensions) or Canseco when he had his brief stint here. All teams had these guys and all fans cheered them on. That doesn't really make anyone a hypocrite. In fact, this A-Rod thing is completely different than a guy just testing positive, taking his suspension and being done with it. Most guys didn't completely thumb their nose at the rules/investigation during this whole thing.

Edit: Or calling us hypocrites for cheering for Quintana/Flowers now. Of course, both of those guys just took their suspensions quietly and haven't been suspected of anything since.

chicagowhitesox1
08-05-2013, 04:35 PM

I wonder if thats why Rowand was traded. I never really thought of the Whitesox as a steroid using team either. I can't see too many on the 05 team that were users. Maybe a relief pitcher? I can see how Rowand could be a user but no other hitter.

doublem23
08-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I wonder if thats why Rowand was traded. I never really thought of the Whitesox as a steroid using team either. I can't see too many on the 05 team that were users. Maybe a relief pitcher? I can see how Rowand could be a user but no other hitter.

Pablo Ozuna is still currently the only member of the 2005 White Sox to have any known connection to PED use; he failed a drug test while in the Phillies minor league system in 2009. Anything else is just typical, sports radio shock jock bull**** garbage.

Rocky Soprano
08-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Pablo Ozuna is still currently the only member of the 2005 White Sox to have any known connection to PED use; he failed a drug test while in the Phillies minor league system in 2009. Anything else is just typical, sports radio shock jock bull**** garbage.

And the fact that some run away with that garbage and start throwing possible names is simply sad and stupid.

#1swisher
08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2586793106/9eg5s6n2ordr1mzv8xyz_normal.png Comcast SportsNet ‏ (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago)

A-Rod, Girardi press conference coming up at 5:00 on CSN. Details:
http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/rod-girardi-presser-coming-csn

EDIT:
Comcast SportsNet ‏ (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago)[/URL] Girardi: "I'm not here to judge people." Live stream link: [URL="http://t.co/EOEt0D8NOP"]http://bit.ly/1crOZiJ (https://twitter.com/CSNChicago/status/364508745495089153)

StillMissOzzie
08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
He's appealing and playing.

He may be available and on the bench but I would be surprised if Girardi puts him in the game. IMHO, the Yankees don't want him to sully the pinstripes any more.

SMO
:gulp:

gobears1987
08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Boers and Bernstein are just a pair of ****ing idiots. The next intelligent thing they say will be the first intelligent thing they have said that doesn't have to do with Penn State.

#1swisher
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Ken Rosenthal ‏ (https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal)[/URL]

A-Rod batting cleanup for [URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash"]#Yankees (https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/364494627321024512).

RockJock07
08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Boers and Bernstein are just a pair of ****ing idiots. The next intelligent thing they say will be the first intelligent thing they have said that doesn't have to do with Penn State.

I don't mind them but their show would be better if they didn't take calls at all.

#1swisher
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Jon Heyman ‏ (https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS)
[/URL][URL="https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/364498678993534979"] (https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS) how cruz & peralta suspensions affect their pennant-contending teams. @DannyKnoblerCBS (https://twitter.com/DannyKnoblerCBS) http://cbsprt.co/1cE24UC (http://t.co/HEKdj7OfSd)

PalehosePlanet
08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure how that makes someone hypocritical... Because we cheered for them when there was little in terms of a drug policy and not a single guy on the team was suspected of anything? Sure.

They'd have a better case if they said we're hypocritical for cheering Manny while he was here (after suspensions) or Canseco when he had his brief stint here. All teams had these guys and all fans cheered them on. That doesn't really make anyone a hypocrite. In fact, this A-Rod thing is completely different than a guy just testing positive, taking his suspension and being done with it. Most guys didn't completely thumb their nose at the rules/investigation during this whole thing.

Edit: Or calling us hypocrites for cheering for Quintana/Flowers now. Of course, both of those guys just took their suspensions quietly and haven't been suspected of anything since.

Actually, 2005 was the first year of the stricter steroid testing program that included random, offseason testing, and suspensions. And, in general, it worked; runs scored and homeruns in 2005 were at it's lowest point since 1993.

Soxman219
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Just saw ARod talking to Robin on MLB network, both smiling and chatting.

thomas35forever
08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't mind them but their show would be better if they didn't take calls at all.
If they didn't take calls, they'd lose what makes their show run. They love making others look stupid.

34rancher
08-05-2013, 06:25 PM
If the sox weren't the worst team in the central I would be upset that the suspension was not immediate. That's garbage.
Also, as for the idiots on 670, the accusations 8 years later? Really? GMAB. Just smug idiots.

getonbckthr
08-05-2013, 06:45 PM
If the sox weren't the worst team in the central I would be upset that the suspension was not immediate. That's garbage.
Also, as for the idiots on 670, the accusations 8 years later? Really? GMAB. Just smug idiots.
If you listened to their show on a regular basis you would know they've always hinted at Rowand as being a juicer.

TheVulture
08-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Especially when MLB conveniently pushed the announcements/agreements back as far as possible, but still to a point where all 12 guys have 50 or more games left in the season.

this is stupid. Any player suspended should be banned from the playoffs as well.

TheVulture
08-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Actually, 2005 was the first year of the stricter steroid testing program that included random, offseason testing, and suspensions. And, in general, it worked;

If the system worked, these guys would have already been busted by a failed test. These suspensions are just illustrating that in fact, the system does not work. These guys all got away with it for years.

TheVulture
08-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Are you serious?
I'm glad I don't listen to those dumbasses.
If they have no proof and they were included in these wave of suspensions why even bring something like that up?

I'm guessing they were referring to Flowers and Quintana.

tstrike2000
08-05-2013, 07:59 PM

If that's what they said, it's best to just ignore it. For months and months and months Bernstein acted like the moral authority when standing in judgment of Manti Te'o, but we're hypocrites if we boo ARod? That's one of the funnier things I've heard yet.

gobears1987
08-05-2013, 08:09 PM
If that's what they said, it's best to just ignore it. For months and months and months Bernstein acted like the moral authority when standing in judgment of Manti Te'o, but we're hypocrites if we boo ARod? That's one of the funnier things I've heard yet.

These are two imbeciles who think a mention of hair the most hilarious thing in the world. The clowns at 670 need to realize that sports radio is dead in Chicago because their afternoon "talent" is a tired pair of has beens who don't even discuss sports. When they do discuss sports, they are discussing basketball to death when no one gives a rats ass.

Brian26
08-05-2013, 08:39 PM
If you listened to their show on a regular basis you would know they've always hinted at Rowand as being a juicer.

Where did this information come from? Terry's "guy" or Bernstein's "people"?

SouthSideMike
08-05-2013, 08:51 PM
When they do discuss sports, they are discussing basketball to death when no one gives a rats ass.

But that's because basketball is really the only sport they know anything about. And in reality it's only Bernstein that knows anything about it, and Boers mostly just makes some caveman-like grunt of agreement with whatever point Bernstein makes.

Watching them try to discuss hockey during the Blackhawks' run was hilarious; neither of them had a clue what they were talking about, but they sure acted like they did. NHL would have to bring the FoxTrax puck back for senile Boers to even see what's going on on the rink.

Their Bears coverage to date has consisted of nothing but childish jabs at Marc Trestman and Phil Emery, both of whom are way more accomplished than those two clowns.

Bernstein can be interesting at times, but his sanctimonious, self-righteous attitude on sports and social topics gets really grating, and it's left completely unchecked thanks to a senile partner who looks like he's just happy to be there and doesn't feel any need to contribute or challenge his partner's comments.

Hitmen77
08-05-2013, 09:47 PM

Yeah, no kidding. And Sox fans are hypocrites if we boo A-Rod based on their hearsay?

It's a total bull**** argument on their part. Period.

CoopaLoop
08-05-2013, 10:10 PM
It is funny that on a night Arod made his return, Quintana was on the hill for the White Sox.

Brian26
08-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Bernstein can be interesting at times, but his sanctimonious, self-righteous attitude on sports and social topics gets really grating, and it's left completely unchecked thanks to a senile partner who looks like he's just happy to be there and doesn't feel any need to contribute or challenge his partner's comments.

I generally listen to Satellite Radio or podcasts in the car, but I happened to tune in a couple of weeks ago. Bernstein had Joe Sheehan (sp) on, who Bernstein apparently has a crush on. They were both kissing up Theo's ass when Sheehan said (exact quote) "right now, the Cubs are closer to a World Series than they were in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS." Bernstein agreed.

Click. Credibility out the window. Tuned in a little bit later to hear Bernstein talk about how the Cubs were going to "flip" Soriano. Not sure how you "flip" someone you've already paid $110 million to since 2007. Apparently Bernstein doesn't know the practical definition of "flip" (ie buy low, sell for profit short time later).

Brewski
08-06-2013, 12:57 AM

If they didn't take calls, they'd lose what makes their show run. They love making others look stupid.

An earlier thread right here on WSI made the claim that callers who could be made to look stupid were given preference. We have them figured out, I'll say that. Know-it-all plus lazy grandpa with filthy mind. Good at basketball, faking it on hockey and not fooling anyone. I'm sort of the same myself but I don't pretend otherwise.

RockJock07
08-06-2013, 01:02 AM
So what does A-Rod want to get his suspension down to? 150 games?

It was interesting to hear his press conference because he didn't admit to anything yet he's already had to do this type of presser once before. I just can't believe that any Yankee fan or A-rod fan can believe anything this guy says or root for him in good faith.

Between Manziel and A-rod this has been a summer of guys just not getting it and painting a bad picture for sports.

DSpivack
08-06-2013, 01:30 AM
I generally listen to Satellite Radio or podcasts in the car, but I happened to tune in a couple of weeks ago. Bernstein had Joe Sheehan (sp) on, who Bernstein apparently has a crush on. They were both kissing up Theo's ass when Sheehan said (exact quote) "right now, the Cubs are closer to a World Series than they were in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS." Bernstein agreed.

Click. Credibility out the window. Tuned in a little bit later to hear Bernstein talk about how the Cubs were going to "flip" Soriano. Not sure how you "flip" someone you've already paid $110 million to since 2007. Apparently Bernstein doesn't know the practical definition of "flip" (ie buy low, sell for profit short time later).

:rolling:

getonbckthr
08-06-2013, 01:37 AM
I don't remember I just know its not a new thought of theirs.

DeadMoney
08-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Actually, 2005 was the first year of the stricter steroid testing program that included random, offseason testing, and suspensions. And, in general, it worked; runs scored and homeruns in 2005 were at it's lowest point since 1993.

I searched this yesterday prior to posting and thought that - based on what I saw - the enhanced testing wasn't agreed to until just after the '05 season (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051115&content_id=1268529&vkey). Now, there may have been stricter testing in 2005 as well, but this is what I found when I looked it up, hence making the comment saying "there was little" in terms of a policy.

SOXPHILE
08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
But that's because basketball is really the only sport they know anything about. And in reality it's only Bernstein that knows anything about it, and Boers mostly just makes some caveman-like grunt of agreement with whatever point Bernstein makes.

Watching them try to discuss hockey during the Blackhawks' run was hilarious; neither of them had a clue what they were talking about, but they sure acted like they did. NHL would have to bring the FoxTrax puck back for senile Boers to even see what's going on on the rink.

Their Bears coverage to date has consisted of nothing but childish jabs at Marc Trestman and Phil Emery, both of whom are way more accomplished than those two clowns.

No, he actually doesn't.

SouthSideMike
08-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Wow, I missed those exchanges. That's pretty brutal. That show actually used to be okay to listen to. It seems like in recent years they've just started mailing it in and don't really put much effort into the program. Probably a symptom of having done it for so long, especially with Boers. It really went downhill fast when Jason Goff left as producer to go do his own show in Atlanta.

And any time some new little tidbit comes out about the Sandusky/Penn State case, they re-hash the whole case over again for hours. Move on already. This is Chicago, not Pennsylvania. Everyone's moved on long ago.

An earlier thread right here on WSI made the claim that callers who could be made to look stupid were given preference. We have them figured out, I'll say that. Know-it-all plus lazy grandpa with filthy mind. Good at basketball, faking it on hockey and not fooling anyone. I'm sort of the same myself but I don't pretend otherwise.

I've heard that before as well from people who know 670 station employees. They definitely selectively screen callers to get a lot of morons on the air for Bernstein to skewer. Hell, they even took one drunken old idiot and made a weekly segment for him now where he "reviews" movies for them. It's incredibly lame.

kobo
08-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Wow, I missed those exchanges. That's pretty brutal. That show actually used to be okay to listen to. It seems like in recent years they've just started mailing it in and don't really put much effort into the program.

Few months ago there was a column where Bernstein answered questions from people. One of the questions was about the show and if Bernstein works a typical 8 hour day and his response was something along the lines of only being responsible for the 5 hours they are on the air and that he arrives to the station every day 20 minutes before going on. There's no prep, no meetings, nothing.

white sox bill
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
When these guys gonna learn to buy from another source be it online or whatever as opposed to a "clinic" where there is paper trail?

PalehosePlanet
08-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I searched this yesterday prior to posting and thought that - based on what I saw - the enhanced testing wasn't agreed to until just after the '05 season (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051115&content_id=1268529&vkey). Now, there may have been stricter testing in 2005 as well, but this is what I found when I looked it up, hence making the comment saying "there was little" in terms of a policy.

A new, stricter drug testing policy was in place prior to the 2005 season.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2005-01-12-steroid-policy_x.htm

The changes from the drug testing policy put into place for 2005, going into 2006, were only for the severity of punishment. (E.G. 2005 had 10 game suspension for first time offenders, in 2006 it went up to 50, etc..)

Noneck
08-07-2013, 11:08 AM
When these guys gonna learn to buy from another source be it online or whatever as opposed to a "clinic" where there is paper trail?

Or have a trusted person do their buying.

PalehosePlanet
08-07-2013, 11:10 AM
If the system worked, these guys would have already been busted by a failed test. These suspensions are just illustrating that in fact, the system does not work. These guys all got away with it for years.

I stated in general the new policy worked. Of course some guys continued to cheat but the overall cheating/doping was not at the level prior to 2005. The fact that offensive numbers dropped dramatically starting with the 2005 season going forward shows that the new policy certainly had an affect on the game. Is the drug testing policy in place right now strict enough? Is it perfect? The answers to both questions is: Obviously not; but overall it's worked more than it hasn't.

TDog
08-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Armando? Is he still around? I don't know how the Sox would benefit from a waiver deal beyond dumping his contract.

white sox bill
08-12-2013, 02:02 PM
These clinics were booming a few yrs back, what people would do is go on a cycle, when they went off, their own testosterone levels would plummet since they were injecting outside source, then they would go see the ahem "Dr" and plea the ol Gee doc my levels aren't what they used to be, take a blood test and see if my T is low. Of course they were, hence the script....all done via outside lab work and not even seeing the patient in person and doing business with people thousands of miles away

Many times the owners of these clinics were in bed with the compounding pharmacies, splitting the enormous profit

beasly213
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
The plot thickens...

http://deadspin.com/report-a-rods-camp-leaked-biogenesis-docs-with-ryan-b-1153471780

Rocky Soprano
08-16-2013, 10:12 AM
The plot thickens...

http://deadspin.com/report-a-rods-camp-leaked-biogenesis-docs-with-ryan-b-1153471780

You mean to tell me that Alex is not a stand up guy?
I can't wait for this whole thing to be over already.

Boondock Saint
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
The plot thickens...

It's not surprising, but man, is he a piece of ****.

voodoochile
08-16-2013, 05:49 PM
The Onion strikes again...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/arod-incredibly-humbled-to-be-mentioned-alongside,33519/

34rancher
08-18-2013, 09:35 AM
A-Roid not stupid. It hit me last night, that when/if his 211 game suspension is served, then he may not be able to come back and play afterwards. Am I wrong that if he is suspended, he is not paid? And during his appeal he is paid? Well at over $154,000 a game, this appeal has made him so far over $1.85 million more dollars. The longer this appeal holds out, the more money he takes home.

soxfanatlanta
08-19-2013, 08:37 AM
A-Roid not stupid. It hit me last night, that when/if his 211 game suspension is served, then he may not be able to come back and play afterwards. Am I wrong that if he is suspended, he is not paid? And during his appeal he is paid? Well at over $154,000 a game, this appeal has made him so far over $1.85 million more dollars. The longer this appeal holds out, the more money he takes home.

He is going to need every penny he can get; his career is done, and nobody will touch him with a 10 foot pole once he retires.

vinny
08-19-2013, 09:26 AM
This **** gets better and better.

http://deadspin.com/reports-ryan-braun-claimed-urine-collecter-was-anti-se-1165759005

**** ALL these guys.

Rocky Soprano
08-19-2013, 09:45 AM

http://deadspin.com/reports-ryan-braun-claimed-urine-collecter-was-anti-se-1165759005

**** ALL these guys.

I had to double check what site I was reading as for a minute I was certain I was on The Onion. The guys can't be that stupid, right?

sunofgold
08-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I think it is funny that reporters are now using the term 'camp' in regards to these players. braun's camp. Rodriguez's camp.

Gives me an image that each of these players has their own team of 25 people who are on the campaign trail for them. Braun for mayor. Arod for prez. Lol.

tstrike2000
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM

**** ALL these guys.

I'm thinking now that all those PED's have made him a delusional crazy person.

#1swisher
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal (https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal) 29m (https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/370688136117895169)

Full story on Braun, complete with his full statement:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/ryan-braun-breaks-silence-on-suspension-no-one-to-blame-but-myself-milwaukee-brewers-bud-selig-082213 (http://t.co/eXc9ByLC11) #Brewers (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Brewers&src=hash)