PDA

View Full Version : How stupid is this team?

thomas35forever
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I never thought a Major League team could be this poor at grasping baseball fundamentals until I saw this team. What happened to this bunch? It's like they all took an oath in spring training that they would look nine-year-olds regularly. Amazing how the same group that had the fewest errors last season could turn into this. How could baserunning turn into one of our worst traits? Worst of all, they just don't seem to care. Some of these guys are clearly in the wrong line of work.

smac38
08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
This product is beyond unwatchable. And the worst part is, you know it's coming each and every game. I can't remember ever seeing a team that is this inept.

LITTLE NELL
08-04-2013, 03:34 PM
This product is beyond unwatchable. And the worst part is, you know it's coming each and every game. I can't remember ever seeing a team that is this inept.

1962 Mets but they have an excuse, they were an expansion team.
What Casey said about the Mets applies to the Sox; "Can't anyone here play this game."

Dick Allen
08-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Dumbest team I've ever seen. They could screw up a one-car funeral.

shes
08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I salute those of you who can still watch this team. I tuned in today to watch Rienzo, and I'll still watch every time Sale pitches, but other than that I just can't justify spending three hours of my day watching a team that is not only terrible but fundamentally inept.

I've been a die-hard Sox fan since 1992 and I can't remember another squad that raised my ire quite like this one. It's embarrassing to watch.

smac38
08-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I salute those of you who can still watch this team. I tuned in today to watch Rienzo, and I'll still watch every time Sale pitches, but other than that I just can't justify spending three hours of my day watching a team that is not only terrible but fundamentally inept.

Same reason I tuned in today. I find myself tuning in every night out of habit, but quickly have to change the channel as I start to get angry. It's just not worth the time or headache.

Fastball23
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
We need at least 15 new players on this team for next season.

I love our young pitching rotation (including Jones &Reed), Beckham defense, and Avisail Garcia

We need a starting catcher, 1B, SS, 3B, CF, LF, and bullpen help

shingo10
08-04-2013, 04:20 PM
De Aza not tagging on a ball hit to deep center field is the icing on the cake for me. Unbelievable. I think you learn what to do in that scenario in little league.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 04:48 PM
We need at least 15 new players on this team for next season.

I love our young pitching rotation (including Jones &Reed), Beckham defense, and Avisail Garcia

We need a starting catcher, 1B, SS, 3B, CF, LF, and bullpen help

Beckham might be the most expendable as he has legit prospects behind him. Well, Rios too.

SBSoxFan
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
De Aza not tagging on a ball hit to deep center field is the icing on the cake for me. Unbelievable. I think you learn what to do in that scenario in little league.

So, gameday said Rios lined out to center. I thought it was a tough break; was it deep enough for De Aza to score?

smac38
08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
So, gameday said Rios lined out to center. I thought it was a tough break; was it deep enough for De Aza to score?

It wasn't a deep fly ball, but it was deep enough for him to tag. At the crack of the bat he took off from 3rd, instead of going straight back to tag like he should of. Real dumb and par for the course for this season.

Soxman219
08-04-2013, 05:30 PM
How stupid is this team? What other team can mess up 2 rundowns and not tag on 3rd base to tie the game on 2 different opportunities in a span of one week?

LITTLE NELL
08-04-2013, 05:38 PM
How stupid is this team? What other team can mess up 2 rundowns and not tag on 3rd base to tie the game on 2 different opportunities in a span of one week?

Stupid is as stupid does.

robertks61
08-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Rather than stay home last night and watch the garbage team on TV, we decided to go see the Joliet Slammers. Better fundementals on Joliet & Windy City!

PaleHoser
08-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I'll save the marketing department the time and effort and give them the slogan for the 2014 White Sox: "Dead Men Walking".

Tragg
08-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Beckham might be the most expendable as he has legit prospects behind him.

Nothing wrong with a little depth. But if we can get great value, do it.
Reed should also be shopped....I wish we had done it last week.
But no more friendly give-aways.

mahagga73
08-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Reed is just a guy, there are a lot of them around, He throws hard, has good stuff, but all that is useless if you cannot throw the ball over the plate. If he's gone there is little to no effect on their record. You can get guys to do that job , especially at his effectiveness level. He still has not shown the control to be elite and that ERA is high for a closer. His strikeout ratio is good compared to a starter but nothing special compared to other closers.

mahagga73
08-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I would be hesitant to trade one of the few guys on the team who looks he has any baseball instincts.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 06:19 PM

I don't think Beckham has any value, but if he's really breaking out of his 4 year slump, I'd move him to 3rd to make room for one of the kids behind him. I don't think he can hit enough to play 3rd though and I don't think he can play SS either.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I would be hesitant to trade one of the few guys on the team who looks he has any baseball instincts.

If Beckham has good instincts, he sure as hell doesn't show them on the field. He's a dumb base runner too.

mahagga73
08-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I don't think Beckham has any value, but if he's really breaking out of his 4 year slump, I'd move him to 3rd to make room for one of the kids behind him. I don't think he can hit enough to play 3rd though and I don't think he can play SS either.
He was a SS to start wasn't he? Played it in college. They moved him for Alexei . I think he could do it in the majors, he has a strong arm. He just hasn't develop the power .

SCCWS
08-04-2013, 06:24 PM
If Beckham has good instincts, he sure as hell doesn't show them on the field. He's a dumb base runner too.

Not sure they have too many smart baserunners. It looks to me like most of the team was absent that day in spring training.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 06:30 PM
He was a SS to start wasn't he? Played it in college. They moved him for Alexei . I think he could do it in the majors, he has a strong arm. He just hasn't develop the power .

He played SS in college. That doesn't mean much though. Texeria did as well. We've talked about this a lot, but Beckham doesn't have much range. I'm not in favor of having bad defensive SS's and his bat won't make up for it.

SI1020
08-04-2013, 07:27 PM
It wasn't a deep fly ball, but it was deep enough for him to tag. At the crack of the bat he took off from 3rd, instead of going straight back to tag like he should of. Real dumb and par for the course for this season. He is a bonehead on the basepaths and one of a number of players on this team I never want to see again.

Bobby Thigpen
08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Why do people keep posting the same things about this team?

That's a better question.

TheVulture
08-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Beckham might be the most expendable as he has legit prospects behind him.

:scratch: He does? That's the first I've heard of this. I know Anderson, but isn't he at Kannapolis, playing fairly mediocre at that?

KyWhiSoxFan
08-04-2013, 08:55 PM
:scratch: He does? That's the first I've heard of this. I know Anderson, but isn't he at Kannapolis, playing fairly mediocre at that?

Carlos Sanchez and Semien are two possibilities for second and way ahead of Anderson. As many errors as Anderson makes, they may need to convert him to CF as had been suggested when the first drafted him.

TheVulture
08-04-2013, 09:06 PM
This team is so stupid it converted to judaism in order to celebrate Tupac Shakur.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 11:31 PM

Semien and Micah Johnson. Semien's further along and may possibly be ready by next year.

Tragg
08-05-2013, 01:51 AM

Beckham is the least of the problems on this team. He plays excellent defense...that puts him ahead of everyone else on this team. Everyone. And he's hitting better. And we have no replacement right now. Maybe in 2015, unless we decide to rush yet another position player prospect up here so they can develop some bad habits while struggling with ML pitching.
And if he has no value (and I think he has value), don't trade him. Don't sell low either. Buying high and selling low is what Williams did for 5 years to put us into this mess.

white sox bill
08-05-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm kind of surprised Bud Selig hasnt stepped in under the guise of "for the good of baseball" and broken up this AAA* team playing in MLB

*Oops I mean AA

Shoeless
08-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Beckham is the least of the problems on this team. He plays excellent defense...that puts him ahead of everyone else on this team. Everyone. And he's hitting better. And we have no replacement right now. Maybe in 2015, unless we decide to rush yet another position player prospect up here so they can develop some bad habits while struggling with ML pitching.
And if he has no value (and I think he has value), don't trade him. Don't sell low either. Buying high and selling low is what Williams did for 5 years to put us into this mess.

If they're rebuilding, moving Beckham won't help as he has no value, but he will probably take a reasonable offer.

DonnieDarko
08-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Semien and Micah Johnson. Semien's further along and may possibly be ready by next year.

I can see Semien at 3B or maaaaaaaaaybe even SS before 2B. Sanchez though...I dunno. How's the kid's slash line?