PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Will We Win Another Game This Year? 8/3 DET 3 SOX 0 Postgame Thread

shingo10
08-03-2013, 09:46 PM
What else is there to say?

2 more months of this.

SOXBOY
08-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Another game where pitching was good and offense just plain bad. I just hope the Sox draft a future stud with their top 3 pick.

LITTLE NELL
08-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Another outstanding offensive display by our boys.

mahagga73
08-03-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't care what anybody says, if this keeps up Robin's going to be gone soon.

34rancher
08-03-2013, 10:07 PM

He may not be great, but how is it a mangers fault in the least for 28 games below .500 and not more than a run scored?

rainbow6
08-03-2013, 10:07 PM
After being out of town for a week I decided to actually sit down and watch tonights game from start to finish.

I defy anyone to say that White Sox baseball is not must see TV.

At almost any other level of baseball, you can expect a squad of players to scratch across a few runs every game, either by skill or by the other teams defensive miscues. I watched my friends seven year old's team play this week and, although they displayed very little skill in the even most fundamental aspects of baseball, they were able to smack the ball a few times that allowed their players to cross home plate saftely

This does not happen much for the american league major league franchise in Chicago. At one point, one of our players hit a safe hit that dribbled over second base for a safe hit. It was awesome.

I will be watching all nine innings tomorrow: we are truly witnessing history.

Brian26
08-03-2013, 10:09 PM

The Sox are so far past the point of changing managers that it doesn't matter. They need to focus on losing games right now so they can draft Trea Turner out of NC State to be their shortstop in 2015.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Sox will bust loose for a 3 game win streak. The last 3 games of the season. Which by the way can not come soon enough.

DSpivack
08-03-2013, 10:12 PM
What's the franchise record for consecutive losses?

mahagga73
08-03-2013, 10:16 PM
The Sox are so far past the point of changing managers that it doesn't matter. They need to focus on losing games right now so they can draft Trea Turner out of NC State to be their shortstop in 2015.
I agree, I just have a feeling. He has made a lot of amateurish and puzzling moves with the pitching staff, lineups, holding players accountable after their already 20 games under. I don't doubt that the staff has probably had more face time with the players in the office and behind closed doors than they ever wanted too , even stressed and practiced the fundamentals the team is lacking. Robin looks over his head right now, and if the Sox have any doubts about his ability to be the manager of a winning baseball team he needs to go. Especially if his replacement is already on the staff. They would probably be doing him a favor. The Tigers, Indians, Twins, and even the Royals have managers way superior to ours.

Soxman219
08-03-2013, 10:17 PM
2003 Tigers here we come!

mahagga73
08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
He may not be great, but how is it a mangers fault in the least for 28 games below .500 and not more than a run scored?
By that logic no manager would ever be fired. Somebody has to be accountable, and that is usually the man running the show. I personally thought it was a huge mistake when he was hired and am even more convinced now. But my opinion means squat . Hiring a manager with no track record of any kind, with no history of success even as an assistant was a huge gamble that did not need to be taken. It seems like we went too far to the other extreme from Ozzie .

SoxSpeed22
08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Considering they were going against Scherzer, this game was over by the first. Danks' only issue so far is his allowing home runs. Hopefully he gets his feel back as the year goes on. We're all waiting for this team to bottom out, but where the hell is the floor?

Mr. Jinx
08-03-2013, 10:29 PM

Rodan!

DirtySox
08-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Rodan!

Rodon is his name.

Jeff Hoffman might be next year's Johnathan Gray. Beede is also in the mix. Very college pitching heavy at the top. Good prep arms too. Not much in the way of college bats where the Sox will be drafting. Just Trea Turner, who I'm not sold on yet. Probably a top 10 guy, but I don't see a top 3 candidate. Still super early though.

sunofgold
08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Have we hit bottom yet? Starting pitching has an ErA of 2.72 during this losing streak. Have to feel good about our young starting pitching. Could be a strong core of starters for awhile.

Just really wish that we had unloaded two or three of our position players before the trading deadline. Need to restock our farm system with some good bats.

roylestillman
08-03-2013, 10:55 PM
What's the franchise record for consecutive losses?

From what I can find it is 13 in 1924

sunofgold
08-03-2013, 11:01 PM
We have to be aiming for 19 wins in a row. Not this season but next.

shingo10
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
The last bit of excitement at U.S. Cellular Field this season might come on Monday if A-Rod shows up.

sunofgold
08-03-2013, 11:37 PM
They let Arod have one more AB against us. He strikes out and then an announcement comes over the PA that Arod has been banned from baseball forever. Everybody cheers including the current Yankee players. Well that is what I dream about.

Red Barchetta
08-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Robin's a company man and he will be here through the end of the season. He signed a 3-year contract, however did not accept the SOX invitation for an extension in spring training. That tells me he is not into the role for the long-haul and may indeed "retire" from managing at the end of the season, although I would not be surprised based on his character, of honoring the original 3 year deal if the SOX want him back in 2014.

Mr. Jinx
08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
They let Arod have one more AB against us. He strikes out and then an announcement comes over the PA that Arod has been banned from baseball forever. Everybody cheers including the current Yankee players. Well that is what I dream about.

Will they announce that Tyler Flowers was part of it too? Strike 2, 100 game ban!

ClutchHarold#3
08-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Rodan!

Hopefully he's at least as good as the last guy we got from the Japanese leagues!

thomas35forever
08-04-2013, 02:36 AM
I know I posted this earlier in the season, but it seems to ring more true now.
hrE9apbs0Pk