PDA

View Full Version : Topps Cards as Wall Art

Procol Harum
07-31-2013, 08:43 AM
Don't know if you folks have seen this yet:

http://www.topps.com/mlb-baseball-card-posters.html

Topps is now selling 17" x 21" prints of old players' cards that are suitable for slapping up on your wall.

However, when I checked into the roster of all available players, I couldn't help but notice that there's not a single White Sox player available. It looks like you could request to order a particular player on an individual basis, and perhaps it's just a matter of working their way through all the teams. But when you can order a giant version of Mike Jones' 1986 KC Royals card but you can't get an '83 Carlton Fisk card....

BleacherBandit
07-31-2013, 09:15 AM
i already do this. there's a comic book shop in Saint Paul that has been selling its old inventory of Topps and Donruss cards from the 80s and 90s (i guess they never sold them). My closet door is a giant collage of baseball cards. I think I have six or seven Lance Parrish cards (what the hell?). I also have five or six Scott Skiles basketball cards. When I was a kid there were always two or three random players like that.

Chez
07-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Nice, but Mrs. Chez would murder me.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-31-2013, 10:42 AM
That's nice of them to not include any White Sox players in there. I mean, in the 80s we had some catcher who went to the hall of fame, what was his name? :angry:

russ99
07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
That's nice of them to not include any White Sox players in there. I mean, in the 80s we had some catcher who went to the hall of fame, what was his name? :angry:

I'm sure they have to get the likeness rights from individual players to be able to do this.

Contemplating that 82 Nolan Ryan card in the classic Astros rainbow jersey...

Red Barchetta
07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow. Pretty cool!