PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7/29 Does Anyone Care? Cle 3 Sox 2 Postgame Thread

shingo10
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Hate getting beat on walkoffs.

Danks at least pitched solid. I think he could have a real nice year next year. The way the club handled his injury rehab may be the one correct thing they did all year.

amsteel
07-29-2013, 09:21 PM
It was polite of the Sox to blow this one in regulation.

slavko
07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Yo soy muy Troncoso. :angry:

StillMissOzzie
07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
If it convinces anyone else that needs convincing that Troncoso is no damn good, then yes, I care. The loss itself, not so much.

SMO
:gulp:

mahagga73
07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Troncoso is awful , was there ever any doubt what was going to happen?

ChiSoxGal85
07-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I haven't verified this through his stats, but I'm pretty sure Troncoso should NEVER pitch more than one inning. What the hell, Robin? :angry:

SCCWS
07-29-2013, 09:49 PM
I haven't verified this through his stats, but I'm pretty sure Troncoso should NEVER pitch more than one inning. What the hell, Robin? :angry:

Robin had dinner reservations, so he needed him to go another.

russ99
07-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Robin had dinner reservations, so he needed him to go another.

Bring up Rienzo and cut Troncoso. He couldn't do any worse...

The few Sox fans who watch this mess daily should get a medal.

SoxSpeed22
07-29-2013, 10:17 PM
IMO putting a punching bag like Troncoso out there is still better than rushing Webb, Petricka or Johnson. I'm okay with taking the hit now, even if the results are predictable. Probably a good thing Hawk left early, hope he's doing well.

BainesHOF
07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't mind if we continue losing. We'll get a high draft pick and hopefully it'll get Ventura fired.

amsteel
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't mind if we continue losing. We'll get a high draft pick and hopefully it'll get Ventura fired. If you had to pick one person most responsible for this disaster it's Ventura.

RV won't get fired. He just won't get re-signed.

BainesHOF
07-29-2013, 10:51 PM

I don't expect him to get fired during the season, but this has to be his last season.

WhiteSox5187
07-29-2013, 10:54 PM

I don't know, I can't think of the last time this organization held anyone accountable for lack of performance. Hell, Robin might get promoted.

IMO putting a punching bag like Troncoso out there is still better than rushing Webb, Petricka or Johnson. I'm okay with taking the hit now, even if the results are predictable. Probably a good thing Hawk left early, hope he's doing well.

Stone left early, Hawk was there the whole game.

Stanley
07-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Boring awful team. Danks was lucky to only give up 2, because he stinks and completely lost it during those last few batters. Oh boy is his contract a bad one.

Please don't tell me Jesse Crain and Matt Thornton are the highlight of our trade deadline...

voodoochile
07-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Boring awful team. Danks was lucky to only give up 2, because he stinks and completely lost it during those last few batters. Oh boy is his contract a bad one.

Please don't tell me Jesse Crain and Matt Thornton are the highlight of our trade deadline...

They are the only pressing pieces to move. Everyone else can be traded during the off season if it nets a better deal. They are ALL under Sox control next year.

Soxman219
07-29-2013, 11:50 PM
:shrug:

Noneck
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
They are the only pressing pieces to move. Everyone else can be traded during the off season if it nets a better deal. They are ALL under Sox control next year.

And Lindstrom unless you think his 4M option or .5M buyout is a good deal.

WLL1855
07-30-2013, 12:29 AM

A half mil buyout is nothing to this team.

Noneck
07-30-2013, 12:32 AM
A half mil buyout is nothing to this team.

Why pay the rest of this year and the buyout, if you can dump now?

voodoochile
07-30-2013, 12:44 AM

That's fine, but the big value pieces can be traded during the waiver period, in the off season or next year at the trade deadline if they can get a better deal for them then.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Troncoso sucks but our hitters suck even more. You ain't gonna win many games when you only score two runs.

doublem23
07-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Bring up Rienzo and cut Troncoso. He couldn't do any worse...

The few Sox fans who watch this mess daily should get a medal.

Rienzo was called up to fill Crain's place

KingXerxes
07-30-2013, 07:05 AM
That's fine, but the big value pieces can be traded during the waiver period, in the off season or next year at the trade deadline if they can get a better deal for them then.

If you wait until the waiver period though, you lose the leverage of multiple teams negotiating against each other. Better to move them now or in the offseason I suspect.

doublem23
07-30-2013, 07:10 AM
On the plus side, Giambi is now the oldest player to ever hit a walk off HR, supplanting Hank Aaron by 45 days, so history! Yay!

Bucky F. Dent
07-30-2013, 07:27 AM

Yeah, but I would prefer to trade Peavy now before his shoulder blows up again. Right now (with the exception of Cliff Lee who might be on the market) Peavy is the only quality starter on the market so the return on him from playoff contenders should be about as high as it is going to get.

And yeah, I know, the question of whether there are other starters on the market is subject to the jabbering and idle speculation of talking heads on TV, but so is 80% of the other things that we talk about on this board.:D:

Chez
07-30-2013, 07:51 AM
"Troncoso" is Spanish for Bukvich.

TaylorStSox
07-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Rienzo was called up to fill Crain's place

No he wasn't. Crain was on the DL. They don't need to replace his roster spot.

ohiosoxfan
07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
:tongue::tongue: "Troncoso" is Spanish for Bukvich.
priceless!

Noneck
07-30-2013, 08:49 AM

The more I see whats going on, none of the pieces have much value, now or in the off season. So there really are no big pieces.

doublem23
07-30-2013, 09:07 AM
No he wasn't. Crain was on the DL. They don't need to replace his roster spot.

Oh yeah, you're right, so is Reinzo just in Cleveland but still technically assigned to the Knights just in case Peavy gets dealt sometime today?

TaylorStSox
07-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah, you're right, so is Reinzo just in Cleveland but still technically assigned to the Knights just in case Peavy gets dealt sometime today?

Or Reed or Lindstrom.

socko82
07-30-2013, 09:29 AM
So we're basically down to one competent relief pitcher but he only pitches if we're ahead in the 9th inning. So in other words he never pitches any more. Instead we get Troncoso and Veal pitching every day.

voodoochile
07-30-2013, 09:32 AM
If you wait until the waiver period though, you lose the leverage of multiple teams negotiating against each other. Better to move them now or in the offseason I suspect.

True, but again the Sox maybe looking at an opportunity to try reloading one more time since the starting pitching staff is playoff ready. With Paulie, Crain, Lindstrom and Thornton off the books the Sox will have about 30M right there to play with. PK might be back on a cheap deal, but I won't be surprised if JR tells him the same thing he told Buehrle, "take what you can get we won't be matching a huge offer."

Then there is a big influx of TV money coming from the new national contract. Now Beckham will get a raise for the season he's had, Tank too, but the Sox should still be able to sign 2-4 pieces fairly easily. Hopefully one of them is a catcher.

slavko
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
So the bloom is off the rose with Phegley? Two weeks ago this site thought he was Carlton Bench. Can't remember when I've felt this low. We got nothing but holes. Likely to be that way for a good long time.

Crestani
07-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Why even one? Don't worry, he will not be on the 2014, 40 man roster, IMO...!!!

Brewski
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Why even one? Don't worry, he will not be on the 2014, 40 man roster, IMO...!!!

Just as the ever-positive Hawk said "he's got his fastball up to 95" I said to myself "it'll get turned around at 150" and the walk-off happened.

doublem23
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
So the bloom is off the rose with Phegley? Two weeks ago this site thought he was Carlton Bench. Can't remember when I've felt this low. We got nothing but holes. Likely to be that way for a good long time.

I don't think anybody really ever saw Phegley as a legitimate MLB everyday kind of player. He had a nice run early this year in AAA but he's always been kind of an afterthought, which says something because the Sox farm system has been pretty barren his entire time here.

JB98
07-30-2013, 12:28 PM
So we're basically down to one competent relief pitcher but he only pitches if we're ahead in the 9th inning. So in other words he never pitches any more. Instead we get Troncoso and Veal pitching every day.

This is what rebuilding is. You have stopgap veterans out there until you can acquire or develop somebody better.

doublem23
07-30-2013, 12:30 PM
This is what rebuilding is. You have stopgap veterans out there until you can acquire or develop somebody better.

:yup:

Speaking of stopgaps, did anyone else see the Yankees picked up Brent Lillibridge? By my count that means 4 former Sox castoffs are now getting regular playing time for the NEW YORK ****ING YANKEES; Lillibridge, Chris Stewart, Jayson Nix, and Boone Logan. That's 16% of their roster. Craziness.

MeteorsSox4367
07-30-2013, 12:37 PM
In a normal season, I would have been pretty pissed that the Sox lost on a walkoff HR.

But this season, it's more like "Oh, well." Plus with yesterday's circumstances, it was also "Giambi? Really? How old is he?"

Paulwny
07-30-2013, 12:41 PM
:yup:

Speaking of stopgaps, did anyone else see the Yankees picked up Brent Lillibridge? By my count that means 4 former Sox castoffs are now getting regular playing time for the NEW YORK ****ING YANKEES; Lillibridge, Chris Stewart, Jayson Nix, and Boone Logan. That's 16% of their roster. Craziness.

Add Youkilis