PDA

View Full Version : Biogenesis suspensions to be released this week

doublem23
07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
That is according to the NY Post, which states A-Rod may be looking at a suspension that keeps him out of the game until 2015.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/mlb_bans_in_ped_case_likely_to_drop_9vrYirxam2vt7m ihs3UiKI

:o:

Vestigio
07-28-2013, 02:59 PM
:crossfingers: Please let it be released before the 31st

TaylorStSox
07-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I think there's a good chance Arod gets the lifetime ban. What a waste.

chicagowhitesox1
07-28-2013, 03:38 PM

I know the Yankees would love to see that happen but it sounds like he's going to be banned until 2015. I can't imagine why he would want to come back after all this though.

DumpJerry
07-28-2013, 03:52 PM
:crossfingers: Please let it be released before the 31st
I vote for August 1st. **** the teams that signed these losers.

Boondock Saint
07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
I vote for August 1st. **** the teams that signed these losers.

I think the point is to protect teams who might unwittingly trade for said users.

DumpJerry
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I think the point is to protect teams who might unwittingly trade for said users.
No, the point was to increase the value of Rios, Peavy, etc. to teams that suddenly have a need for proven veteran. Why help out those teams unless Oakland wants to give us Cespedes?

TaylorStSox
07-28-2013, 04:08 PM
We all know who's going to be suspended. It shouldn't affect trade value.

doublem23
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I can't imagine why he would want to come back after all this though.

http://i2.wp.com/allthingsd.com/files/2013/03/istockphoto_581154-pile-of-money.jpg?resize=380%2C263

He's got $61 million still on the table for 2015-2017 plus big incentive bonuses that kick in at career HR #660, which he is 13 away from.

Boondock Saint
07-28-2013, 04:48 PM
We all know who's going to be suspended. It shouldn't affect trade value.

Nobody had Braun pegged as a user until he got busted.

doublem23
07-28-2013, 04:59 PM

Braun's name was in the Biogenesis reports and was expected to be suspended, the outcry came more because he essentially admitted he had been doping after so fervently denying the claims

WhiteSox5187
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Braun's name was in the Biogenesis reports and was expected to be suspended, the outcry came more because he essentially admitted he had been doping after so fervently denying the claims

I think he means that prior to the 2011 test nobody had Braun pegged as a user.

TaylorStSox
07-28-2013, 05:30 PM

The names have already been released. Everyone knew Braun was ****ed.

doublem23
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I think he means that prior to the 2011 test nobody had Braun pegged as a user.

Oh yeah, sure, but from the perspective of how this will affect the trade deadline, everyone should already know the names of the guys looking down the barrel of a suspension.

TDog
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM

I remember reading posts on WSI some years ago from people who were looking forward to Alex Rodriguez breaking Barry Bonds record to wrestle back the all-time home run title from the cheater.

WhiteSox5187
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah, sure, but from the perspective of how this will affect the trade deadline, everyone should already know the names of the guys looking down the barrel of a suspension.

There might be a couple of names that are surprises. I don't think there will be any big names, but I suspect there could be a few guys named who haven't been named yet.

ZombieRob
07-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm going to die laughing if a White Sox player is on that list

doublem23
07-28-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm going to die laughing if a White Sox player is on that list

At least we'll know whether or not this Biogenesis stuff works (it would not)

ZombieRob
07-28-2013, 09:32 PM
At least we'll know whether or not this Biogenesis stuff works (it would not)
The funny part would be risking humiliation and a suspension for something that didn't work.

GAsoxfan
07-29-2013, 07:26 AM
That is according to the NY Post, which states A-Rod may be looking at a suspension that keeps him out of the game until 2015.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/mlb_bans_in_ped_case_likely_to_drop_9vrYirxam2vt7m ihs3UiKI

:o:

How does MLB have the authority to suspend him for almost 200 games? Officially, this is his first offense which the CBA states should be a 50 game ban.

Even if they try it, don't you think A-Rod would win an appeal?

doublem23
07-29-2013, 08:28 AM
How does MLB have the authority to suspend him for almost 200 games? Officially, this is his first offense which the CBA states should be a 50 game ban.

Even if they try it, don't you think A-Rod would win an appeal?

There are reports that A-Rod was buying records from the Biogenesis clinic with the intent to destroy them, so I could easily see how MLB could hand him a 50 game PED suspension and then tack the rest on for his attempted cover up.

http://deadspin.com/reports-it-was-a-rod-naturally-who-bought-ped-eviden-472713547

Most of the talk has MLB in contact with his lawyers so this is more than just a failed pee test. This is pretty harsh ****.

doublem23
07-31-2013, 08:18 AM
MLB has informed the MLBPA who will be suspended and for how long.

http://deadspin.com/mlb-tells-the-union-whos-getting-suspended-announceme-974074611?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_faceboo k&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Those of you wondering how the MLB can level suspensions longer than 50 games, it is allowable under the "non-analytic positives" clause of the drug policy.

Full list of names has not been leaked, but it looks like everyone but A-Rod is willing to take the punishment.

doublem23
07-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Bob Nightengale from USA Today is reporting that MLB is looking to ban A-Rod for life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

WLL1855
07-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Bob Nightengale from USA Today is reporting that MLB is looking to ban A-Rod for life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

Such a sad end. The guy had a ton of promise at the start of his career. After he left Seattle, it seemed everything that could possibly go bad did so. A cautionary tale.

MUsoxfan
07-31-2013, 11:34 PM
Such a sad end. The guy had a ton of promise at the start of his career. After he left Seattle, it seemed everything that could possibly go bad did so. A cautionary tale.

Except for his near billion dollar earnings

TaylorStSox
07-31-2013, 11:41 PM

At some point his ego destroyed him. He along with Griffey Jr are still the best young players I've ever seen.

Saracen
07-31-2013, 11:57 PM
A-Rod is the biggest fraud I've ever seen in sports. His PR machine hid for years the fact that he's a vapid, self-centered, lying cheat of a human being. Karma.

Moses_Scurry
08-01-2013, 09:53 AM

It will not sit right if the Yankees get out of that contract because of this. It seems like there should be punishment for the team that harbors the juicer. The Yankees are getting rewarded (if the ban holds up). Maybe they should be required to give some or all of the intended salary to charity or something like that.

It also seems like it will set a bad precedent. What's to stop the Angels from doing the most thorough investigation possible to try to get out of the Pujols contract? Obviously if he's clean, it won't matter, but if he's dirty he shouldn't be investigated any more than the average player until there is some evidence.

doublem23
08-01-2013, 10:36 AM
It will not sit right if the Yankees get out of that contract because of this. It seems like there should be punishment for the team that harbors the juicer. The Yankees are getting rewarded (if the ban holds up). Maybe they should be required to give some or all of the intended salary to charity or something like that.

It also seems like it will set a bad precedent. What's to stop the Angels from doing the most thorough investigation possible to try to get out of the Pujols contract? Obviously if he's clean, it won't matter, but if he's dirty he shouldn't be investigated any more than the average player until there is some evidence.

A-Rod's lifetime ban stems from more than just his alleged steroid use, MLB apparently has pretty damning information that he blatantly interfered with their investigation of Biogenesis to cover up the allegations.

russ99
08-01-2013, 11:00 AM
A-Rod's lifetime ban stems from more than just his alleged steroid use, MLB apparently has pretty damning information that he blatantly interfered with their investigation of Biogenesis to cover up the allegations.

Also that he was kind of a ringleader of the operation, and he recruited other players to go to Biogenesis.

Looks real messy either way, if they suspend him 150 games, the perception is they cut a deal and let him off easy. If they ban him for life, then this will become mired in the courts with A-Rod having a decent first-offense defense, and bring the game into further disrepute.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bud hang it up after this too.

And yes, it would really suck to see the Yankees luck out of that contract, but who knows, maybe A-Rod can sue to get a piece of that too.

Chez
08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
And yes, it would really suck to see the Yankees luck out of that contract, but who knows, maybe A-Rod can sue to get a piece of that too.

Is there any evidence which suggests that the Yankees knew or suspected that A-Rod was involved in Biogenesis before the story broke? Evidence, not rumor?

A. Cavatica
08-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I hope he doesn't get the lifetime ban. I want the Yankees to have to pay off that contract.

Noneck
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
The Bud man better really do his homework on Rodriguez. This is no stumble bum like Rose that didnt have two nickles to rub together to fight the ban. Rodriguez will fight this with the best lawyers and will take it to the max. Who knows where this will go if it hits the courts, it may be not good for MLB.

SOXSINCE'70
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I would like to enter Ryan Raeburn's name into the conversation.He had a "week" against the Sox in only 4 days.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

voodoochile
08-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I know the Yankees would love to see that happen but it sounds like he's going to be banned until 2015. I can't imagine why he would want to come back after all this though.

:payrod:
"Your WHAT hurts?!?!?!?!"

white sox bill
08-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Thing is, most (not all) of the known juicers are pretty good w/o the drugs. Its not like AROD was like Royce Clayton in his natural days

soltrain21
08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Thing is, most (not all) of the known juicers are pretty good w/o the drugs. Its not like AROD was like Royce Clayton in his natural days

When were the natural days?

Boondock Saint
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I hope he doesn't get the lifetime ban. I want the Yankees to have to pay off that contract.

That'd be a pretty ****ty reason to keep a scumbag like Rodriguez in baseball.

Mr. Jinx
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM

I had a friend who was convinced that Big Mac couldn't possibly hit a home run with juicing. Okay.

A. Cavatica
08-01-2013, 11:03 PM

He's no more of a scumbag than Bonds, and Bonds didn't get a lifetime suspension.

I think Yankee money has damaged the sport just as much as steroids have.

DSpivack
08-01-2013, 11:48 PM
He's no more of a scumbag than Bonds, and Bonds didn't get a lifetime suspension.

Did Bonds encourage other play to use steroids? I thought that was a big part of Rodriguez getting an extended suspension as compared to all of the other Biogenesis cases.

PalehosePlanet
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Did Bonds encourage other play to use steroids? I thought that was a big part of Rodriguez getting an extended suspension as compared to all of the other Biogenesis cases.

Didn't Bonds turn Gary Sheffield onto "the clear"?

But, oh yeah....never mind... Bonds didn't know it was a steroid cream, he thought it was flaxseed oil. :rolleyes:

Boondock Saint
08-02-2013, 01:15 PM

Bonds didn't attempt to purchase his medical records so that he could destroy the evidence of his PED use.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Bonds didn't attempt to purchase his medical records so that he could destroy the evidence of his PED use.

No, the key witness is his case just didn't feel like talking for some unknown reason. I believe it is magic.

TheVulture
08-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Maybe he's been juicing since high school, but I saw him play in the Midwest League at age 19 and it was obvious then he was a great player.

WLL1855
08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
No, the key witness is his case just didn't feel like talking for some unknown reason. I believe it is magic.

Its not really witness tampering if nobody can prove it.

soxfanreggie
08-03-2013, 01:34 AM

I agree about the money going to outside charity. The last thing I want is people in the group that allows Bud Selig, who has a history of hurting the game of baseball, to benefit from a heavy-handed suspension.

Hitmen77
08-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Except for his near billion dollar earnings

....and his World Series championship.

At some point his ego destroyed him. He along with Griffey Jr are still the best young players I've ever seen.

I found this interesting when I read it back in the spring:
http://www.nbcsports.com/joe-posnanski/if-you-could-freeze-those-moments-yes-if-only

getonbckthr
08-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Thing about Bonds is if McGwire and Sosa didn't cheat their way to records he never juices. Bonds' juicing was purely out of jealousy. He knew he was better than them but wasn't getting the attention that he craved and needed. Arod, Sosa and McGwire was about money and records Bonds was about public adoration that he felt cheated out of.

Golden Sox
08-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I keep reading that about 20 players are going to be suspended. I can't help but wonder if there's going to be some surprises amongst the players that are suspended. Will someone be suspended who nobody thought was on the juice? I just wish they would get it over with and start suspending the players who are dirty. Lets get it over with and lets move on from there.

TaylorStSox
08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Thing about Bonds is if McGwire and Sosa didn't cheat their way to records he never juices. Bonds' juicing was purely out of jealousy. He knew he was better than them but wasn't getting the attention that he craved and needed. Arod, Sosa and McGwire was about money and records Bonds was about public adoration that he felt cheated out of.

That makes it even worse.

thomas35forever
08-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm just glad somebody is finally getting the suspension a PED user deserves. If this doesn't force players to get off this stuff, nothing will.

WhiteSox5187
08-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Hawk just said that USA Today is reporting that A-Rod will be suspended through the 2014 season, A-Rod is planning to appeal. He will play on Monday.

DSpivack
08-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Hawk just said that USA Today is reporting that A-Rod will be suspended through the 2014 season, A-Rod is planning to appeal. He will play on Monday.

That contradicts what I read elsewhere today, that the 'good of the sport' clause means that he will not play during an appeal.

A. Cavatica
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Hope we hit him every time he comes up.

Twins_Morneau
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
When the heck are they releasing this mystical list?:scratch: All we see every week is some bozo hyping up the big names on the list and nothing is leaked other than the usual suspects ARoid and Braun.

sunofgold
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Hope we hit him every time he comes up.

They can bench him. Why play him ? At the last year he was playing horribly anyways