PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Hard Luck Chris post gamer 7.27.13

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Another tough loss for Sale, another bonehead running mistake by Rios.
Royals flashed some leather especially Cain in CF.

CHISOXFAN13
07-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Not sure why I even care, but Rios really pissed me off in the ninth. Finding new ways to lose nightly.

Crickets.

Corlose 15
07-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Piss poor fundamentals yet again. I can't believe Sale already has 10 losses.

LITTLE NELL
Not sure why I even care, but Rios really pissed me off in the ninth. Finding new ways to lose nightly.

Crickets.

Trade Rios but what can we get for someone to take him off our hands. Same for Dunn.

WhiteSox5187
Rios has got to go, not tagging up is inexcusable. I also wonder if McEwing was shouting for Rios to tag up.

WhiteSox5187
07-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Trade Rios but what can we get for someone to take him off our hands.

I will take almost anything we can to get him off the team. There is a reason that the Blue Jays were willing to literally give him away.

thomas35forever
07-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Sale deserves a HELL of a lot better. I bet he wishes he was back at the All-Star Game.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-27-2013, 09:00 PM
This team continues to amaze. What a special bunch. AND they get paid to perform like this. A few exceptions of course. I feel sorry for the few guys on the club that are showing up every day and not sucking.

mahagga73
07-27-2013, 09:01 PM
I cannot even fathom what Rio's was doing there? Why would he not tag up on that play? Sale has got to be fuming .

Boondock Saint
07-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Piss poor fundamentals yet again. I can't believe Sale already has 10 losses.

It's not hard to believe when you consider that this is the 12th time in 19 starts that he's had three or fewer runs of support.

Corlose 15
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
It's not hard to believe when you consider that this is the 12th time in 19 starts that he's had three or fewer runs of support.

Which itself is pretty unbelievable.

VenturaBlvd
07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
I actually had hope in the bottom of the ninth. I don't know what I was thinking.

This is exactly the situation I mentioned in the Sox survey. I'm sick of our starters getting screwed like this game after game. :angry:

shingo10
07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Did someone from the Sox get hurt in the 9th? Was following gameday and it said "Injury timeout."

Pathetic game, pathetic team.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I will take almost anything we can to get him off the team. There is a reason that the Blue Jays were willing to literally give him away.

Just to have somebody else pick up that sorry case would truly be a blessing.I wouldn't care if it meant bringing back Brian Anderson for the last couple of months. He would stink as well, but at many, many, many millions less than Rios.

Irishsox1
07-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Rios, Dunn, Peavy and Ventura can't leave town fast enough for me.

Boondock Saint
07-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Did someone from the Sox get hurt in the 9th? Was following gameday and it said "Injury timeout."

Dunn took a hard slide into Getz's legs to break up a double play. Getz stayed in the game, but the trainers took a look at him.

VenturaBlvd
07-27-2013, 09:13 PM

Dunn slid hard into second to break up a double play and Chris Getz was a little shaken up.

ChiSoxGal85
07-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Sale deserves a HELL of a lot better. I bet he wishes he was back at the All-Star Game.
I bet he'd love to pitch with run support EVERY outing.

:gah:

shes
07-27-2013, 09:19 PM
What's the worst record any Cy Young contender has ever had? Whatever it is I bet Sale ends up worse :(

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Lovely text from ESPN Scorecenter:

"White Sox P Chris Sale is 1-8 with a 2.88 ERA in his last 10 starts with 88 K's in 73 IP."

How in the **** is this possible? I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Sale gives this team a great shot at winning, and our offense just sits back and says "nah, no thanks, Chris, we're cool with not scoring today. Enjoy your 1 ER loss."

I seriously hate this offense.

Soxman219
07-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Why should Sale even bother at this point? Seriously, he doesn't deserve to be 6-10. What a joke.

DSpivack
07-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Well, it's a joy to watch Sale dominate time and time again. If there was a way to just watch the top of the inning (when the Sox are at home, and vice versa on the road) when he starts it'd be a more enjoyable experience.

mahagga73
07-27-2013, 09:27 PM

"White Sox P Chris Sale is 1-8 with a 2.88 ERA in his last 10 starts with 88 K's in 73 IP."

How in the **** is this possible? I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Sale gives this team a great shot at winning, and our offense just sits back and says "nah, no thanks, Chris, we're good."

I seriously hate this offense.
Felix Hernandez was 13-12 with a 2.27 ERA a few years back, only instance even close to as pathetic as this.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Dunn slid hard into second to break up a double play and Chris Getz was a little shaken up.

Watch Robin give Getz a couple of intentional walks tomorrow, just to make up for the Dunn slide.

SI1020
07-27-2013, 09:31 PM

How in the **** is this possible? I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Sale gives this team a great shot at winning, and our offense just sits back and says "nah, no thanks, Chris, we're good."

I seriously hate this offense. I know it isn't a perfect stat but Sale has 16 out of 19 quality starts. It's unbelievable that the team can't pick him up at least half of the time. Thankfully, even the most casual of fans can easily see that he is a top notch pitcher.

shingo10
07-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Rios actually said this after the game:

"To tell you the truth, I don't think there is much I could have done."

https://twitter.com/LaurenceWHolmes

What the hell is with his attitude?

CHISOXFAN13
07-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Rios actually said this after the game:

"To tell you the truth, I don't think there is much I could have done."

https://twitter.com/LaurenceWHolmes

What the hell is with his attitude?

Quote from KC closer Greg Holland:

""I don't know what Rios was thinking, but we got pretty luck there."

FielderJones
07-27-2013, 09:57 PM
The boneheaded plays become more and more irritating. The most exciting part of this game for me was catching a foul ball off Tejada's bat in the 2nd. The Sox sure aren't providing any excitement.

Brian26
07-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I cannot even fathom what Rio's was doing there? Why would he not tag up on that play? Sale has got to be fuming .

It is Baseball 101 from the time we were playing whiffle ball in the backyard at age seven. How in the world did he not tag up on that? Unbelievable.

And it looked like he was jawing with a fan on the top step of the dugout when the camera panned over after the last out, so kudos to whoever was giving him a piece of their mind.

Brian26
07-27-2013, 10:01 PM

Dunn took Getz out at 2nd to break up the doubleplay with Paulie running.

robertks61
07-27-2013, 10:12 PM
DFA Rios, close the book!

doublem23
07-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Everyone on this ****ing team owes Sale a steak dinner the size of a Volkswagen and it's still July

tebman
07-27-2013, 10:13 PM
If Sale is all skin and bones, Rios is all bonehead.

No PTC winner tonight, and except to acknowledge Sale maybe there shouldn't be. Nonetheless there's a Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4447) available for those of you who care to rehash this.

:shakehead:

cws05champ
07-27-2013, 10:20 PM
DFA Rios, close the book!

Yes....that would be a much better idea than trading him when some teams are clearly interested.

sox68
07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Just got back from the game, was right behind the dugout, and yes Rios did stare down the fans on the top step after the final out....he was about 10 feet off the base looking lost when the ball was in the air

Third game of the year for me .... Sox has scored a grand total of 0 runs in those three games, a 27 inning scoreless streak....can I get a refund???

Noneck
07-27-2013, 10:45 PM
I was listening to game on the radio and Farmer and DJ were talking about Mark Gonzales going over to cover the cubs soon. I never heard who was taking his spot.

delben91
07-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I was listening to game on the radio and Farmer and DJ were talking about Mark Gonzales going over to cover the cubs soon. I never heard who was taking his spot.

WSI at your service. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138756)

Noneck
07-27-2013, 11:00 PM
WSI at your service. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138756)

Thanks, I missed it

tstrike2000
07-27-2013, 11:12 PM
There was a stat earlier in the season that Sale was the first Sox pitcher in 100 years to strike out 14 in a game and lose. I hope Hahn is working overtime.

JB98
07-27-2013, 11:18 PM
There was a stat earlier in the season that Sale was the first Sox pitcher in 100 years to strike out 14 in a game and lose. I hope Hahn is working overtime.

Yeah, Sale has five double-digit strikeout games this season. He is 1-3 with one no-decision in those five games. It's criminal.

Sale did not reach 10 Ks tonight, but this loss is also criminal.

Noneck
07-27-2013, 11:19 PM

This is why having a true #1 on a crap ass team is a total waste.

slavko
07-27-2013, 11:26 PM
If Rios had known about the diving catch in advance, he could be considered at fault for not tagging up. Because otherwise that ball is too short to score on. Aw, poo, tagging up was the play, but we have a slight advantage in knowing that. He's got a target on his back now, sewed it there himself.

If I were sitting by the dugout, I would have let him have a few words myself. And Rios's reaction is part of what makes losing baseball fun. Give him hell!

FielderJones
07-27-2013, 11:28 PM

Detroit has shown that it's possible to turn a disaster around in short order. You don't have to be the Royals or the Pirates for years on end and dump #1 talent.

doublem23
07-27-2013, 11:33 PM

From the perspective if you're a crap ass team, there's no point in using resources to acquire a #1 type pitcher in his prime because that would be pointless, but for an organization that is in desperate need of young talent, I dare someone to find a better combination of youth (Sale is 24 years old) and talent (he is a top 5 pitcher in baseball right now). The team friendly deal is the cherry on top of all of this.

amsteel
Detroit has shown that it's possible to turn a disaster around in short order. You don't have to be the Royals or the Pirates for years on end and dump #1 talent.

By spending $$$$$$$$$$ from an owner actively seeking a WS title. That ain't happening here.

Noneck

Ill stand by my comment until I see something done that could turn this franchise around. So far I see nothing.

doublem23
07-27-2013, 11:35 PM
By spending $$$$$$$$$$ from an owner actively seeking a WS title. That ain't happening here.

The Tigers were not in "Spend Like a Drunk Sailor" Mode in 2006

FielderJones
07-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Ill stand by my comment until I see something done that could turn this franchise around. So far I see nothing.

I imagine Detroit fans in 2008 felt the same way.

robertks61
07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Yes....that would be a much better idea than trading him when some teams are clearly interested.

I'm pretty sure Hahn's phone is ringing off the hook for a talent, no brain player at the deadline. I'm sure he'll net us a great haul. I'll be waiting.

soxfanreggie
07-27-2013, 11:45 PM
There's not much we can say here besides an offense letting their pitcher down. Another great outing by Sale that was blown by the offense. We had a pitcher in a softball league that averaged less than a run a game, but her record was 16-14 because her wins were shutting out the team and her losses usually just giving up 1-2 runs.

Noneck
07-27-2013, 11:46 PM
From the perspective if you're a crap ass team, there's no point in using resources to acquire a #1 type pitcher in his prime because that would be pointless, but for an organization that is in desperate need of young talent, I dare someone to find a better combination of youth (Sale is 24 years old) and talent (he is a top 5 pitcher in baseball right now). The team friendly deal is the cherry on top of all of this.

Thats all good if you have something to work with in the near future. When a teams best position player (present and future) is Gordon Beckham you are in some very deep crap and no reinforcements are on the way. A month ago Crain, Thornton, Peavy, Rios were going to stock the minor league system. Now its looking like that big haul is getting smaller and smaller by the minute. Its a bad situation and right now until hope can surface from the abyss, Sale is a waste on this club.

Noneck
07-28-2013, 12:26 AM
I imagine Detroit fans in 2008 felt the same way.

I dont know if they did but at least they had the major piece to build around and they also had some chips that could get players to get things going on the right track.

mahagga73
07-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Just got back from the game, was right behind the dugout, and yes Rios did stare down the fans on the top step after the final out....he was about 10 feet off the base looking lost when the ball was in the air

Third game of the year for me .... Sox has scored a grand total of 0 runs in those three games, a 27 inning scoreless streak....can I get a refund???
They showed that on TV, the stare down. It's pretty clear now to most why Toronto wanted to get rid of him in the worse way and why the Jay's fans boo him mercilessly still. He's probably gonna get the same treatment here after he leaves after these recent displays of bad attitude and boneheaded play. The running to first benching fiasco where he gave some bizarre comments on questioning Ventura handling of it and now this completely inexcusable boneheaded play that possibly lost the game last night. He does not seem to handle criticism nor adversity well at all, and that seems to be coming out as a problem both in Toronto and Chicago. The cherry on top for me is him saying he don't know what he could have done differently last night.

BRDSR
07-28-2013, 12:34 AM
LOL...Ventura's post game interview is essentially this:

"Sometimes no matter who you're playing, the other team just dominates you in every way possible...that's just baseball. What can you do?"

Yikes.

doublem23
07-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Thats all good if you have something to work with in the near future. When a teams best position player (present and future) is Gordon Beckham you are in some very deep crap and no reinforcements are on the way. A month ago Crain, Thornton, Peavy, Rios were going to stock the minor league system. Now its looking like that big haul is getting smaller and smaller by the minute. Its a bad situation and right now until hope can surface from the abyss, Sale is a waste on this club.

The Sox do have something to work with, they have one of the better pitching staffs in the American League led by arguably the league's best pitcher. This disastrous season is squarely at the feet of the offense (and defense) which is easily the worst in the league. Even a modest increase in run production this year of 1/2 run per game (which would still leave them below league average and in the lower 1/3 of the AL) basically makes them a .500 team. Even if Peavy, Rios, Crain, and Thornton don't bring back a haul of prospects their departure alone (along with Konerko and Dunn in the next two off-seasons) wipes something like $65 million off the Sox's payroll (that is approximately half their Opening Day 2013 figure).

If Sale was in his late 20s and running near the end of his contract, that's one thing. Makes sense to deal a player like that. I don't care how ****ty your team is, there's always room for a 24-year-old at the pinnacle of the sport whose inked for the majority of the upcoming decade.

Noneck
07-28-2013, 12:54 AM
The Sox do have something to work with, they have one of the better pitching staffs in the American League led by arguably the league's best pitcher. This disastrous season is squarely at the feet of the offense (and defense) which is easily the worst in the league. Even a modest increase in run production this year of 1/2 run per game (which would still leave them below league average and in the lower 1/3 of the AL) basically makes them a .500 team. Even if Peavy, Rios, Crain, and Thornton don't bring back a haul of prospects their departure alone (along with Konerko and Dunn in the next two off-seasons) wipes something like $65 million off the Sox's payroll (that is approximately half their Opening Day 2013 figure).

If Sale was in his late 20s and running near the end of his contract, that's one thing. Makes sense to deal a player like that. I don't care how ****ty your team is, there's always room for a 24-year-old at the pinnacle of the sport whose inked for the majority of the upcoming decade.

I understand what you are saying but maybe I just dont have faith that the 65M savings will help make this team much better in the short term. I dont know if they will use this money for the immediate needs of the club, invest it in the future of the club or just not spend much of it so they will have a nice return on their investment.

mcm3312
07-28-2013, 11:53 AM
can't believe nobodies mentioned the NO pinch-run for Dunn and the NO bunt by Konerko. If you're worried about Paulie's bunting abilities, pinch hit and make for damn sure we've got 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. It's not even close and its embarrassing that Paulie was up there swinging. Its one thing if you need to score more then two, but in that spot you need those runners in scoring position. Robin's a joke. Fire him the day Paulie retires, and make him the new manager.

TaylorStSox
07-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Rios, Dunn, Peavy and Ventura can't leave town fast enough for me.

Dunn and Peavy? Seriously? Dunn's been our best player this year by far. Peavy is a beast. Dunn kept us in the game with that slide when Konerko swung at ball four and tried to GIDP.

LITTLE NELL
07-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Dunn and Peavy? Seriously? Dunn's been our best player this year by far. Peavy is a beast. Dunn kept us in the game with that slide when Konerko swung at ball four and tried to GIDP.

I'm a Peavy fan and don't want him traded. The Sun-Times article today said that the pitching staff is the strength of the team and it sounds like they are going to go the free agent route. If you trade Peavy that sort of goes against the plan. As for Dunn, get rid of him and spend the $$$ on someone that can hit.

FielderJones
07-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Its a bad situation and right now until hope can surface from the abyss, Sale is a waste on this club.

Fortunately, the Sox brass disagree (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/21560959-419/cubs-white-sox-taking-different-approaches-to-rebuilding.html).

SoxSpeed22
07-28-2013, 01:55 PM
As far as the pitching staff goes,
I like Peavy, and appreciate everything he's done for us this year and last year, but I'm too worried about keeping him healthy for the duration of his contract. If the right deal comes along before Wednesday, I'm okay with taking it. Otherwise, I'm okay with trading him in the offseason, where arms races can happen.
Sale is not a waste going forward. The kid is only 24 years old and there are teams who have stunk one year, then have gotten better through changes and made the postseason. If the Sox are going to be competitive anytime soon, it will have to go through our pitching staff. Not too many bad teams can say that they have a front-line starter and their closer signed, sealed and delivered for the next few years.
They can patch up the lineup through free agency and trades. They will probably have to sign a first baseman and a right fielder, should Rios get traded, or a shortstop should Ramirez get traded. Otherwise, they will have to get creative. It's been done before, like in 2008.

DSpivack
07-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm a Peavy fan and don't want him traded. The Sun-Times article today said that the pitching staff is the strength of the team and it sounds like they are going to go the free agent route. If you trade Peavy that sort of goes against the plan. As for Dunn, get rid of him and spend the $$$ on someone that can hit.

It sounds like Peavy is gone. I don't mind that in terms of re-building the team as the Sox (Cooper and whomever else) seem to be able to develop pitching. With Sale, Quintana, Danks & Santiago, the rotation is the one area where I have no concern.

As for Dunn, I wouldn't mind getting rid of him, but I don't know if that's all that possible at this point. He'll be gone after next season, anyway.

TaylorStSox
07-28-2013, 03:12 PM
I just want to add that I really like what the Sox are doing with Sale. They're letting him go deep and extending his pitch count. Instead of babying him, they're building him and letting him learn. If there's one thing this organization knows, it's pitching. I'm proud of that. They need to get the defense right though. This really is a stupid team.

#1swisher
07-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox (https://twitter.com/whitesox) 27 Jul (https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/361271606284271616)
Watch Gordon Beckham stick with a drifting popup, make the catch and end up doing a headstand:

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQIVBBhhaHR0cDovL21lZGlhZG93bmxvYWRzLm 1sYi5jb20vbWxiYW0vMjAxMy8wNy8yNy8xNC0zNDgyOTMtMjAx My0wNy0yNy9pbWFnZXMvcnRoXzI5MTk0NDIzX3RoXzEzLmpwZx QCFgASAA&s=GlOXqup6klrvCq93EentHS_yFA9kML_75VHHEdrwhlo

Video
http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29194423&c_id=cws