PDA

View Full Version : Last nights game

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2013, 06:41 PM
I've been a member since 2006, can anyone remember when there was no post- game thread? I can't.

robertks61
07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
I was at the game, it was rerun.

delben91
07-27-2013, 09:27 PM
I've been a member since 2006, can anyone remember when there was no post- game thread? I can't.

I've been around since the rivals.com days and I can't remember a gameday without a post-game thread. I'm sure it's happened, but it doesn't stick out in my memory.

ChiSoxGal85
07-27-2013, 09:50 PM
This season has been so bad, that apathy has completely set in for me. When the Sox lose, it feels useless to rant about the same old thing over and over. When they win, it's like...so what? So yeah, I get why there was no thread. I'm sure it won't be the last post-game-threadless game, either.

Soxman219
07-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Poor Sale.:(:

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2013, 09:56 PM
This season has been so bad, that apathy has completely set in for me. When the Sox lose, it feels useless to rant about the same old thing over and over. When they win, it's like...so what? So yeah, I get why there was no thread. I'm sure it won't be the last post-game-threadless game, either.

Since I watched all of tonight's game I started a post gamer.
I know the season is over but I wanted the Sox to win this game badly for Sale's sake.

Boondock Saint
07-27-2013, 09:56 PM

This about says it. Nobody isn't pissed about how this season's gone, it's just redundant to regurgitate the same negativity after every game. We get it by this point- They aren't going to score, they're going to botch a ton of plays on defense, and the pitchers are going to be hung out to dry.

thomas35forever
07-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Why waste bandwidth on another losing thread? It's been the same thing over and over again. I've run out of ways to describe this team and it's not even August yet. After guys are dealt and we see the callups, maybe we'll have something to talk about, but in the meantime, no need to keep rehashing.

pmck003
07-28-2013, 01:51 AM
This season there should be an button on the right for a "check" like the one you get for a right/wrong answer in school. Could suffice as the post game title/comments.

white sox bill
07-28-2013, 10:18 AM
My narcolepsy kicked in Fri PM and missed the end of the game, not that it really mattered. So I visited this site next day to get the true scoop on the game. The result was predictable (we lose) but no game thread. Just like this season, I guess nobody cared enough to start one. Cant blame anyone for not wasting keystrokes on this charade of a team

BRDSR
07-29-2013, 12:00 AM
I started the post game thread on April 20th...the only post game thread I've ever started. I think I started it about 90 mins after the game ended.

What a miserable year. How are the Bears supposed to fare?

October26
07-29-2013, 09:26 AM

+1 million

I've always wondered what it would have been like to have WSI in the 1970's when I began watching the Sox and those really bad teams (except for 1977). Well, now I know. Losing is awful and apathy is apathy no matter what decade it is.

I follow the Sox scores on my MLB app these days (busy taking care of my Dad and my family) and also watch some games on my DVR to see the rare wins.

I am a die-hard Sox fan and know there are many like me but I can't help but wonder what a season like this will do to our fan base? The Sox are really hard to watch.

Golden Sox
07-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Every team is different but this White Sox team is definitely different than any other in my lifetime. When you stop and consider that Peavy, Floyd, Danks and Crain have been hurt this season, this White Sox pitching staff has done a decent job of pitching this year. Most teams with good pitching win some games. That hasn't been the case with this team. The defense and baserunning has been bad and the hitting has been awful. You can't win any games if the team doesn't score any runs. AND THIS TEAM CAN'T HIT. I don't envy the pitchers on this team. They know that if they give up a few runs the game is lost. It will be interesting to see how they try to get some hitters on this team in the next few months.