PDA

View Full Version : Sox Survey

bestkosher
07-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Did any one of you out there get the Sox survey. I got it today via email asking my opinion on the team this year and how I think they should build moving forward.

Fastball23
07-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I received the survey this morning. I'm hoping for a major rebuild

Rocky Soprano
07-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I received the survey this morning. I'm hoping for a major rebuild

I received it and told them I wanted a major rebuild. I also made mention that their current customer service at the games is horrible and needs to change immediately.

RCWHITESOX
07-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I got it as well an made some of the same comments as the rest of the posters.

doublem23
07-26-2013, 05:19 PM
I got mine and I told them everything is fine and they should never change

russ99
07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Sent mine too.

Hopefully changes are made soon.

Rocky Soprano
07-26-2013, 05:35 PM

Yours will be the only one the read and leave everything the same.
Thanks!

Brian26
07-26-2013, 06:19 PM

LOL

Got mine and deleted it immediately because I don't have the time.

Was it marketing/customer service related again, or were they really asking for opinions on direction of the team? If so, that's disconcerting. I would like to think they have a plan and aren't trying to gauge fan reaction five days before the deadline.

cws05champ
07-26-2013, 06:41 PM
LOL

Got mine and deleted it immediately because I don't have the time.

Was it marketing/customer service related again, or were they really asking for opinions on direction of the team? If so, that's disconcerting. I would like to think they have a plan and aren't trying to gauge fan reaction five days before the deadline.

Yeah really....why are they asking the fans if they should do a rebuild? They must have a plan right? :scratch:

This smacks of an internal struggle that some want to patch work for next year and others (I suspect Hahn) wants to re-build and trying to gain support through the fan base to plead his case.

Bucky F. Dent
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I got it, told them to sell for the future!

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I got it and just finished filling it out. For the question that asked what has disappointed me most about the White Sox, I replied with the following:

So many things have disappointed me.

1. Errors. Seriously? How does a team that's basically unchanged from last season (save the subtraction of Pierzynski) go from baseball's best defensive team one year ago to its worst?

2. Lack of communication between players. Both our left fielder and shortstop are Cuban, yet Viciedo & Ramirez seem to have the most difficult time communicating out of all of the players on the field. Then there was the Keppinger/Beckham play near the pitcher's mound a few weeks ago. That play doesn't happen if those two guys communicate.

3. The ballpark experience. My boyfriend and I have season tickets (27-game weekend plan) and have been to about 10-12 games so far this season. Back in May when it was still chilly, I'd gone to the "Winnin' Ugly is Sweet" concession stand behind Sec. 143 for some hot chocolate in the '83 souvenir mug (which I loved) and, before standing in the long line, asked if they had the souvenir mugs. Since they did, I stood in line for 20 minutes just to be told they were out of the mugs when I got to the counter and placed my order.

The lack of speediness in general at the concession stands is unnerving, especially on days when only the die hards are in attendance. Waiting 15-20 minutes in line, or waiting just as long to receive your complete order is inexcusable.

In addition, why are so many concession stands closed on such a regular basis? Our tickets are in the upper deck and stands down the first and third baselines are consistently closed. Earlier in the season, my mouth had been watering for a chicken burrito and when I ordered one 30 minutes before game time from the TexMex stand behind home plate, I was told, "We're out of chicken." I walked down to the TexMex stand along the third baseline and found it closed. To me, that's inexcusable. If you're going to have the concession stands, why aren't they open?

Last Sunday (July 21), my boyfriend and I were at the game and had planned on taking the Gate 5 escalators down from the upper deck. For no reason whatsoever, those escalators weren't operating, even though there were over 28,000 people at the game that afternoon. Why build the escalators if they're not going to be used to their fullest capability?

4. Guest Service Representatives. Could these young ladies and men look any less enthused when they're on the job? And when they don't look like they're in a trance standing at the top of their section, they're accosting me for my ticket when my hands are full and my section is anything but.

The lack of enthusiasm and friendliness many of those guest service reps show is not only disconcerting to myself, but how must it look to fans of other teams visiting U.S. Cellular Field for the first time? As someone who has been to 15 current and former MLB parks, the guest service reps and concession stand workers at the Cell are among the worst I've ever dealt with.

rdivaldi
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
I got it. My reply was basically that they were ridiculous for sending out such a survey. Build a winner and quit worrying about whether or not the fans agree on how you do it. I swear this organization comes off as being such wimps at times.

Figure out what you need to do and do it.

Brian26
07-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Dear White Sox fans,
As you know, we've reached the annual stage of the baseball season when each Major League Baseball team evaluates its chances to win now versus making roster decisions to improve those chances in the future. Throughout the process, we remain committed to communicating our organization's short and long-term plans to all of our fans.
Our conversations with our fans often include surveys, and we thank you for participating and for providing us with valuable feedback. We hope you see how you have impacted what we have done this year in matters like ticket and parking prices. We certainly share your frustration and disappointment with our on-field performance to date, and we feel it is important to hear from you, some of our best fans, at this important time of the season.
We know your time is valuable and would appreciate it if you could take five minutes to share your thoughts and opinions with us by answering just three questions. Normally, we would ask several structured questions in a survey. This time, we want to give you the full opportunity to share your thoughts without limitations - to tell us what you think.
We value our fans, and we certainly value your feedback. Thanks for being such a great fan of the White Sox!

Brian26
07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
From a fanís perspective, what things would you like us to keep in mind as we go through the changes needed to improve the team?

What has disappointed you the most about this White Sox season?

What excites you the most about the White Sox going forward this year and in seasons to come?

Brian26
07-26-2013, 09:24 PM
That's really unbelievable. This organization is lost.

JB98
07-26-2013, 11:30 PM
I saw the survey but didn't respond. I also received a call from my ticket rep this morning that I didn't answer. Honest to goodness, how many times do they need me to tell them the same damn things? Nothing has changed since the last time I filled out a survey.

If they think I'm qualified to advise them on baseball decisions, they are more than welcome to extend me an employment offer. I will entertain it. Short of that, it really shouldn't matter to them what my tolerance is for rebuilding. I can tell them I'm tired of looking at the **** I'm seeing on the field right now, but my nickel's worth of free advice isn't going to go any farther than that.

rdivaldi
07-27-2013, 12:00 AM
I saw the survey but didn't respond. I also received a call from my ticket rep this morning that I didn't answer. Honest to goodness, how many times do they need me to tell them the same damn things? Nothing has changed since the last time I filled out a survey.

If they think I'm qualified to advise them on baseball decisions, they are more than welcome to extend me an employment offer. I will entertain it. Short of that, it really shouldn't matter to them what my tolerance is for rebuilding. I can tell them I'm tired of looking at the **** I'm seeing on the field right now, but my nickel's worth of free advice isn't going to go any farther than that.

The paranoia in the front office must be at all-time high levels. I understand that baseball is a business and gobs of money are on the line, but man does this make them look indecisive and weak. I wouldn't invest in a business run this way. Customer service is one thing, but this is ludicrous.

MUsoxfan
07-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Customer service is one thing, but this is ludicrous.

Their first order of business should be to provide customer service. That's the easy thing. Unfortunately they haven't figured that out yet

Golden Sox
07-27-2013, 07:32 AM
I made my responses very simple. 1) Get rid of Adam Dunn. If the Cubs can move Zambrano, Milton Bradley and Soriano, the White Sox should be able to move Dunn. 2) Keep the young pitchers on the team. 3) Sign free agents K. Morales/ Mariners, Ellsbury/Boston and Brian McCann/Braves this off season . Plug those 3 guys in our lineup next season and the White Sox will contend again in 2014.

SephClone89
07-27-2013, 08:53 AM
I made my responses very simple. 1) Get rid of Adam Dunn. If the Cubs can move Zambrano, Milton Bradley and Soriano, the White Sox should be able to move Dunn. 2) Keep the young pitchers on the team. 3) Sign free agents K. Morales/ Mariners, Ellsbury/Boston and Brian McCann/Braves this off season . Plug those 3 guys in our lineup next season and the White Sox will contend again in 2014.

Uh. What.

amsteel
07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Are the Sox gonna actually consider anything people write? No.

Is it cathartic as all hell to tell them directly how bad they are in all aspects of the company? Hell yes.

WhiteSox5187
07-27-2013, 02:39 PM
The White Sox actually sent out a survey to fans asking for the fans opinion on personnel moves?! Is this a rehash of Bill Veeck's Manager for a Night promotion?