PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas at a Water Park

RKMeibalane
08-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Does anyone think that when Frank goes down a waterslide, he just walks down instead of actually sliding?

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Don't quit your day job.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Does anyone think that when Frank goes down a waterslide, he just walks down instead of actually sliding?

*****!!!!!

Only if Mark Johnson is at the bottom telling him to slide.

Iguana775
08-04-2002, 12:20 PM
im sorry but this was a stupid and pointless thread.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
im sorry but this was a stupid and pointless thread.

Most Frank related threads around here have been pretty stupid and pointless.

Looks like a couple people have gotten into the stash of
:bluerock

FanOf14
08-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Don't take life so seriously - the post was funny! Laughing is good for ya!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Most Frank related threads around here have been pretty stupid and pointless.

Looks like a couple people have gotten into the stash of
:bluerock

Another one who, at the mention of anything negative about Skirt, goes nuts & starts bringing the Flubbies into the discussion.

:) LOL

RKMeibalane
08-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Actually, doublem23, if you looked at some of my past posts, you would find that I have been one of Frank's most vocal supporters on this board. I was expressing my dissapointment in him for not sliding, because that is the second time this season that he has failed to do so.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Actually, doublem23, if you looked at some of my past posts, you would find that I have been one of Frank's most vocal supporters on this board. I was expressing my dissapointment in him for not sliding, because that is the second time this season that he has failed to do so.

Maybe, but I think most of us who actually understand how hard of a game this is to even play are getting REALLY REALLY fed up with the garbage being posted around lately.

Has anyone here EVER played baseball before? Or is it just a bunch of bitchy armchair quarterbacks?

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

*****!!!!!

Only if Mark Johnson is at the bottom telling him to slide.

Then he still stands up right? :D:

FanOf14
08-04-2002, 12:32 PM
All I know is the cash that the players bring down, the fans deserve to whine and complain when players aren't doing their job. This post was obviously meant in jest, why are people getting so bent out of shape around here lately about every little thing?

RKMeibalane
08-04-2002, 12:35 PM

Maybe, but I think most of us who actually understand how hard of a game this is to even play are getting REALLY REALLY fed up with the garbage being posted around lately.

Has anyone here EVER played baseball before? Or is it just a bunch of bitchy armchair quarterbacks?

I played baseball, and I sucked at it. I was worse than The Choice.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
All I know is the cash that the players bring down, the fans deserve to whine and complain when players aren't doing their job. This post was obviously meant in jest, why are people getting so bent out of shape around here lately about every little thing?

Because this has gotten WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of control. I played baseball for like 10 years... I KNOW how hard that game is to play. The posts around here lately lead me to believe that, once again, the Armchair Quarterbacks are getting an inflated ego and thinking that this is all easy crap and that anyone should be able to do it.

Frank Thomas is the greatest hitter in White Sox history. Show some damn respect. Say he sucks all you like, but this Flubbie-troll nickname that has become the norm around here is, quite frankly, sickening.

Daver
08-04-2002, 12:41 PM

I was a four year varsity starter in HS,with a .192 career BA MM.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by daver

I was a four year varsity starter in HS,with a .192 career BA MM.

Granted, my "career" was cut short, but I think the last I checked my BA was like .422. I love infield singles! :smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 12:49 PM

I don't get paid ten million dollars a year to play a game so I don't see how that holds up.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:59 PM

I don't get paid ten million dollars a year to play a game so I don't see how that holds up.

I don't understand how YOUR argument holds up if you've ever stood 60 feet, 6 inches away from a guy throwing a ball at you 90 miles an hour and you're supposed to hit it 400 feet.

It's really not as easy as you apparently think it is.

Oh, and I'm sure that hangnail he had that made him miss the entire season last year has had NO EFFECT on his play whatsoever, this year, right?

Wait? That was actually a career-threatening injury? Damn!

voodoochile
08-04-2002, 01:02 PM

What does the salary level have anything to do with the difficulty of playing the game? All players make good money. All well known entertainers make good money. It is a meaningless notion that because a player makes this or makes that, they should try harder.

Does that mean a guy making only $1 million only needs to try 1/10th as hard as Frank does?

I guess Frank only has to try 2/5ths as hard as pAyRod. I think he qualifies on that account...

WinningUgly!
08-04-2002, 01:06 PM
:threadsucks

doublem23
08-04-2002, 01:13 PM
LOL!

See, now that's funny!

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 01:13 PM

Granted, my "career" was cut short, but I think the last I checked my BA was like .422. I love infield singles! :smile:

I played baseball for 12 years. I can't remember avareages, but i hit 3 hr's sr. year. Then i graduated hs and was intrduced to beer. Softball time for the last 8 years. :D:

FarWestChicago
08-04-2002, 01:18 PM
LOL!

See, now that's funny! And, it's tagged. :smile:

Iguana775
08-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

LMAO!!!

btw, WU, i love the sig.

KempersRS
08-04-2002, 04:08 PM

I played baseball for my entire childhood and it's quite easy to slide, I must say. It really seems like you are actually defending Frank in this situation and there is no reason to. He was wrong and he's either lazy or a sissy for not sliding. There is no excuse for it.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

LMAO!!!!

Nice one!!!

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

I played baseball for my entire childhood and it's quite easy to slide, I must say. It really seems like you are actually defending Frank in this situation and there is no reason to. He was wrong and he's either lazy or a sissy for not sliding. There is no excuse for it.

YES!!!!!!!!

voodoochile
08-04-2002, 04:17 PM

Or maybe (just maybe) he is telling the truth. He didn't see Johnson and he thought he had the play beat (by all accounts he actually was safe).

What a concept...

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Or maybe (just maybe) he is telling the truth. He didn't see Johnson and he thought he had the play beat (by all accounts he actually was safe).

What a concept...

Please.............

KempersRS
08-04-2002, 04:23 PM

What a concept...

Maybe I would have believed him if he hadn't already done the exact same thing earlier in the season. If you want to defend Frank from the bashing that he is having a poor season and that he sucks, go ahead and back him. It just blows me away people are defending him over THIS situation...he screwed up, it was his fault and only his fault. Then his attitude about it is sickening...he needs to grow up.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 04:25 PM

What a concept...

I agree he was safe. He still is a big ***** for not doing something to ensure he got in there. You either slide or take out the catcher. He did neither & in fact, looked like a scared little child going in.

whitesoxwilkes
08-04-2002, 04:26 PM

I played 4 years of HS and 2 years of club level in college....but aside from coaching inner city little leaguers, I'm pretty much an armchair QB now.

whitesoxwilkes
08-04-2002, 04:29 PM
..and i forgot to add, if I were Frank, I would have slid.

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 04:29 PM

I agree he was safe. He still is a big ***** for not doing something to ensure he got in there. You either slide or take out the catcher. He did neither & in fact, looked like a scared little child going in.

Frank was thrown out at the plate today, but he slid. I don't have a problem with that. That the wavin idiot's fault then. Frank listened to the moron like he was supposed to and did what he could to get in there.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Frank was thrown out at the plate today, but he slid. I don't have a problem with that. That the wavin idiot's fault then. Frank listened to the moron like he was supposed to and did what he could to get in there.

I was talking about yesterday. I missed todays game. THANK GOD!

alohafri
08-04-2002, 08:50 PM

Frank Thomas is the greatest hitter in White Sox history. Show some damn respect. Say he sucks all you like, but this Flubbie-troll nickname that has become the norm around here is, quite frankly, sickening.

I'll give Frank respect when he does something to deserve it. You can only live on past accomplishments for so long. He may be the greatest hitter in White Sox history, but what is that doing for us now? Absolutely nothing! Until he gets his head out of his ample posterior, he will be finishing his career like another great White Sox hitter, Harold Baines...as a sideshow attraction, designed to try to get people in the park. I would much rather have someone playing DH who really wants to play. As the old saying goes, "Go hard or go home," and Frank, your train is loading your luggage.

rmusacch
08-04-2002, 09:31 PM

I don't understand how YOUR argument holds up if you've ever stood 60 feet, 6 inches away from a guy throwing a ball at you 90 miles an hour and you're supposed to hit it 400 feet.

It's really not as easy as you apparently think it is.

Oh, and I'm sure that hangnail he had that made him miss the entire season last year has had NO EFFECT on his play whatsoever, this year, right?

Wait? That was actually a career-threatening injury? Damn!

What does a torn triceps muscle have to do with not sliding when the situation calls for it?

doublem23
08-05-2002, 12:46 AM

I was talking about hitting, not sliding. You're correct, there is no excuse for not sliding.

doublem23
08-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by alohafri

I'll give Frank respect when he does something to deserve it.

:burly :walnuts :maggs
I guess we don't have your respect, either then.