PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade to get rid of Thomas?

SoxxoS
08-04-2002, 11:49 AM
A team is not just going to take on Frank's contract and get nothing else in return. The Sox would have to include a big time minor league prospect with the deal. Something along the likes of Borchard, Honel, Malone, Stumm, etc. (well, it used to be etc., but after KW that's about it. :smile: ) to unload the unsliding Big Skirt. Would you include a top prospect to get rid of Thomas??? Thats the question. I personally am not a Malone fan, never have been. He looks like a lefty Dan Wright. I would probably ship Malone and Thomas for one of there mid-level prospects (we have to get something.) I wouldnt trade Borchard or Honel, unless it was the perfect deal. Knowing KW, that is probably Omar Daal and Mark Grudzalanek.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 11:51 AM
uh, I wouldn't trade Thomas.

Kilroy
08-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
uh, I wouldn't trade Thomas.

Same here...

voodoochile
08-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
A team is not just going to take on Frank's contract and get nothing else in return. The Sox would have to include a big time minor league prospect with the deal. Something along the likes of Borchard, Honel, Malone, Stumm, etc. (well, it used to be etc., but after KW that's about it. :smile: ) to unload the unsliding Big Skirt. Would you include a top prospect to get rid of Thomas??? Thats the question. I personally am not a Malone fan, never have been. He looks like a lefty Dan Wright. I would probably ship Malone and Thomas for one of there mid-level prospects (we have to get something.) I wouldnt trade Borchard or Honel, unless it was the perfect deal. Knowing KW, that is probably Omar Daal and Mark Grudzalanek.

Would I throw in a top prospect to "rid the team of the player Frank Thomas"?

You are joking right?

Man, Frank Hating is reaching a new level of "ludicrousiousity"...

doublem23
08-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Quite a feat after last night!

Iguana775
08-04-2002, 12:19 PM

You are joking right?

when i saw this thread, i was like...'man, when will this crap end.' i am getting so sick and tired of this bashing of the greatest hitter in sox history.

CLR01
08-04-2002, 12:23 PM

You are joking right?

No, no....Would would throw in a top prospect, in addition to Thomas, to receive at the very most a mid-level prospect.

The alcohol has to be still screwing with his brain.

FanOf14
08-04-2002, 12:25 PM
this was supposed to be in reponse to a different thread, sorry!

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm guilty of Thomas bashing, but i would definatly want prospects in return for dumping thomas.

TheBigHurt
08-04-2002, 03:26 PM
as someone said before on this board "if frank is traded the sox lose many of there fans" therefore kw wont trade Big Frank.(at least he better not)
but i doubt anyone on this board will stop being a sox fan if he is traded (if hes traded i gotta change my user name if its possible!!!!)

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
as someone said before on this board "if frank is traded the sox lose many of there fans" therefore kw wont trade Big Frank.(at least he better not)
but i doubt anyone on this board will stop being a sox fan if he is traded (if hes traded i gotta change my user name if its possible!!!!)

They won't trade him.

SoxRule
08-05-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

They won't trade him.

They couldn't if they tried.

cornball
08-05-2002, 07:57 AM
Agreed, at this time this is no market for Frank....NONE...

The Sox i am sure would love to move him and would take anything for him, even with another bashing from the media of going back to square one.

If you think about it, yes he used to be a great hitter...the best we have ever had.....but he cant play the field or doesnt want too..he is bailing out on outside pitches, bad attitude, not productive in the present and makes 10 million dollars....but you can never take away what he has done.