PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Errors, errors everywhere 7-23 Postgame thread

MISoxfan
07-23-2013, 10:16 PM
I actually only saw the bottom of the 9th, but it looks to be as ugly as yesterday

CoopaLoop
07-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Good thread title choice.

I was chuckling as Hawk Harrelson was saying something along the lines of "it's frustrating if the Sox don't make 3 errors last night and tonight we win these games"

Yeah but they did BECAUSE THEY SUCK

thomas35forever
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Why? Just why?

fuzzy_patters
07-23-2013, 10:28 PM
In defense of the Sox effort last night, I thought that they were worse tonight. Sale pitched reasonably well last night, and De Aza's error was an error of aggression. Tonight, they were just awful all around. At least Hawk has let us know that we, the fans, will understand if they rebuild for 2015. Maybe Comcast Sportsnet can just show replays from 2005 games in 2014 instead.

amsteel
07-23-2013, 10:34 PM
How awesome are the ticket deals in September gonna be?

shingo10
07-23-2013, 10:48 PM
So the one thing we have to look forward to I guess is seeing what happens in the next week regarding trades but I have a growing fear that for some reason we won't pull the trigger and instead be subjected to the same misery night after night.

How can a team be so bad defensively? It's almost unbelievable.

Soxman219
07-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Bears training camp starts tomorrow!:smile:

AnkleSox
07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
In defense of the Sox effort last night, I thought that they were worse tonight. Sale pitched reasonably well last night, and De Aza's error was an error of aggression. Tonight, they were just awful all around. At least Hawk has let us know that we, the fans, will understand if they rebuild for 2015. Maybe Comcast Sportsnet can just show replays from 2005 games in 2014 instead.

Does this include rebuilding the front office and ownership group?

Boondock Saint
07-23-2013, 11:43 PM

Unless the deals include free tickets and food, I'm not interested.

JB98
07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Bears training camp starts tomorrow!:smile:

Who cares? There is nothing more boring on this earth than NFL training camps.

Really poor showing for the Sox. One of the worst games of a bad season. Santiago got screwed by the defense, but his wildness wasn't helping matters.

Porcello is terrible. Shame on the Sox hitters for being unable to score on him.

At least Axelrod came in and threw strikes, eating up the garbage time innings and getting the game over as soon as possible. That's probably the best thing that can be said about this showing tonight.

Whitesox029
07-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Good thread title choice.

I was chuckling as Hawk Harrelson was saying something along the lines of "it's frustrating if the Sox don't make 3 errors last night and tonight we win these games"

Yeah but they did BECAUSE THEY SUCK

The Sox wouldn't have won tonight without the errors. 3 of the runs were earned, and they scored 2.

I am sick and tired of watching the Sox, to be honest...it's no fun to watch your team when they literally play like they're in little league. I can handle watching a team that's bad because they don't score enough, but what I cannot handle is stupid errors. Viciedo tried to pick up that ball in left about 4 times and failed to do so. Allowing a batter-runner to score standing up on a ball that didn't carom away from a fielder in any way is truly the stuff of little league. At this point my only consolation is the degree to which being at today's game resembled attending a Blackhawks-Red Wings game at the UC about 9 years ago--outnumbered by obnoxious ******* Detroit fans with about a 15% chance of winning the game. Things took a turn for the Hawks, but it seemed like a miracle. I don't have much confidence the Sox can turn this franchise around and give us a dominant team as quickly as happened for the Hawks.

Chez
07-24-2013, 07:25 AM
I am gonna make it through this year if it kills me.

KingXerxes
07-24-2013, 07:35 AM
:hawk :hawk :hawk

"Us too."

fuzzy_patters
07-24-2013, 08:19 AM
I feel bad for our pitchers when I read quotes like this at whitesox.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_23_detmlb_chamlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=cws), "After that error there in the fourth, I feel like I tried to make better pitches there than I needed to. Instead of just going with the team game plan, I tried to actually pick [the defense] up and put more pressure on myself to make better pitches and just get out of it. " Our pitchers are walking more batters because they are trying to strike everyone out because of fear of balls being hit to our wonderful fielders. Awful!

SOXSINCE'70
07-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Thank God Hawks training camp starts soon!!

Golden Sox
07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Another lousy game. Yeah the defense and baserunning was bad again but still THIS TEAM CAN'T HIT. Another good crowd at the game last night (25,000) was just sitting waiting around for something to happen offensively. What appears to be the norm now is after the the White Sox went down meekly in the 7th inning, 80% of the fans got up and left the stadium. I remember in 1977 the White Sox had a team (The Southside Hitman) that could not pitch, could not catch the ball and could not run the bases. BUT the team could hit and they won 90 games. The 77 White Sox were entertaining. This team is not. I hope they do something sooner rather than later to improve this team offensively. This team is like watching paint dry.

Jerko
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
It's getting pretty bad when the other team has more unearned runs than you have total runs. Pitiful.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Plus, at the game, we were surrounded by Tigers fans. At least they gave the team some money. Sigh.

BainesHOF
07-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Let's see, four errors, a botched rundown and being picked off. Sounds about right.

De Aza has now been picked off EIGHT times this season.

A great video is waiting to be made of the team's best screwups this season. Viciedo's troubles picking up the ball would definitely make the cut. Did you notice his eventual throw back to the infield? Absolutely horrible. He needed to be pulled from the game.

Players that should be traded by the deadline: Peavy, Crain, Rios, Ramirez, De Aza and Keppinger.

AnkleSox
07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Plus, at the game, we were surrounded by Tigers fans. At least they gave the team some money. Sigh.

Did it seem like there were more Tigers fans overall? I'm getting really tired of those d-bag Michiganders infesting Comiskey and acting like entitled jackasses.

Go be bankrupt somewhere else.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Did it seem like there were more Tigers fans overall? I'm getting really tired of those d-bag Michiganders infesting Comiskey and acting like entitled jackasses.

More than Sox fans? No, but there were tons of the blue and orange, more than I've seen in the past. My guess, though, is that many of them live here. I know all sorts of Michigan people -- professionally, neighbors, etc. Chicago is where a lot of midwesterners go if they don't go home after college. Would you return to Detoilet or its burbs?

So when their team's in first and we're in last they all break out the Tigers gear and come on down to the park, I guess.

Crestani
07-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Who cares? There is nothing more boring on this earth than NFL training camps.

Really poor showing for the Sox. One of the worst games of a bad season. Santiago got screwed by the defense, but his wildness wasn't helping matters.

Porcello is terrible. Shame on the Sox hitters for being unable to score on him.

At least Axelrod came in and threw strikes, eating up the garbage time innings and getting the game over as soon as possible. That's probably the best thing that can be said about this showing tonight.

When that's the best thing that can be said, well, "We got trouble, right here in River City".....!!!!!

hawkjt
07-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Brutal two games vs the Tigers.
Once again,pitching was decent,but defense and offense stunk.
Broken record.
Sox have actually won series vs the Tigers,O's,Braves coming into this series,but the last two days have destroyed any feelgood.

Trade everybody possible,but the pitchers...now!

The tigers hit about 40 points higher than the sox...sure helps.
When is their shortstop going to be suspended for PEDS?
Anytime now,Bud.

Medford Bobby
07-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by amsteel http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3071029#post3071029)

Unless the deals include free tickets and food, I'm not interested.

Honestly, the Sox management should be driving to your house and picking you up for the game at that point in September.:o:

The September club may be all AA and AA players by then.....:whiner:

kobo
07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Heard a stat on B&B today while I was out for lunch that of all the errors the Sox have committed this year 70% of those errors have led to runs being scored, which is the highest percentage in the Majors. That is one ugly stat.

jdm2662
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Heard a stat on B&B today while I was out for lunch that of all the errors the Sox have committed this year 70% of those errors have led to runs being scored, which is the highest percentage in the Majors. That is one ugly stat.

The Sox last year gave up 30 unearned runs which was by far the lowest in the league. They've given up 48 unread runs with about 40% or so of the season left...

24thStFan
07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
The Sox last year gave up 30 unearned runs which was by far the lowest in the league. They've given up 48 unread runs with about 40% or so of the season left...

I'd have the whole team out early everyday taking fielding and base running practice until the errors get reduced. Anyone who shows up late gets fined. You can't just ignore this garbage and hope it goes away. But there never seems to be any consequences for the bull**** that passes as White Sox baseball.

insp
07-24-2013, 05:07 PM
So the one thing we have to look forward to I guess is seeing what happens in the next week regarding trades but I have a growing fear that for some reason we won't pull the trigger and instead be subjected to the same misery night after night.

How can a team be so bad defensively? It's almost unbelievable.

Perhaps all this trade talk stuff is putting undue pressure on the team. Once the deadline passes, then the team might rebound.

WhiteSox5187
07-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I was at the game and at one point in the middle of the fourth or so, for no apparent reason "Na-Na-Na Hey Hey" started playing over the loud speakers. Did anyone else who attended the game notice this?

BainesHOF
07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
I'd have the whole team out early everyday taking fielding and base running practice until the errors get reduced. Anyone who shows up late gets fined. You can't just ignore this garbage and hope it goes away. But there never seems to be any consequences for the bull**** that passes as White Sox baseball.

That makes sense.

Before Wednesday's game, all Ventura could say was, "It's not like we didn't practice fielding in spring training." When that's the best a manager can offer on July 24 in a season like this then you have big problems.

Wedema
07-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I was at the game and at one point in the middle of the fourth or so, for no apparent reason "Na-Na-Na Hey Hey" started playing over the loud speakers. Did anyone else who attended the game notice this?

Yeah, I heard it also and thought that Detroit had pulled Porcello but he was on the mound warming up.

Whitesox029
07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
I am gonna make it through this year if it kills me.
Mountain Goats reference +1
The little kid on the Fundamentals Deck had just hit a home run. I don't see any other explanation.