PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Errors, errors everywhere 7-22 Postgame thread

SoxSpeed22
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
7 runs allowed and only two of them were earned. Pukatronic.

JB98
07-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't know what is wrong with Ramirez this season. I think his defense has always been a bit overrated by some here at WSI, but overall, he's been pretty decent with the glove during his time with the Sox. Not this year. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just declining skills. I do know his errors have been costly.

JB98
07-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Also, this was Sale's fifth double-digit strikeout game of the season. He is 1-3 in those starts.

Sickening.

I still really like the starting rotation on this team. However, the position players are horrible.

TaylorStSox
07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
I don't know what is wrong with Ramirez this season. I think his defense has always been a bit overrated by some here at WSI, but overall, he's been pretty decent with the glove during his time with the Sox. Not this year. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just declining skills. I do know his errors have been costly.

He's been way better than decent during his tenure. It's between him and Andrus for the best defensive shortstops over the last few years and its really not close. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but I don't think it's a related to skills. His range is still outstanding and he's stealing more bases. He's fine physically. Maybe there's something distracting him or maybe he's just having a bad year. It happens.

fuzzy_patters
07-23-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure if it was more embarrassing to watch this team make errors or to watch it in our park that was at least 60 percent full of Tigers fans. This was the first game that I have been to this year, and while I realize that this team is awful, having your ball park overrun by your opponent is an embarrassment. Heads should roll for the state that this team is in and what it has done to its fan base.

insp
07-23-2013, 03:09 AM

Perhaps its because he's been in just about every game. If a guy plays too much, perhaps he erodes a bit as the season wears on.

Foulke You
07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure if it was more embarrassing to watch this team make errors or to watch it in our park that was at least 60 percent full of Tigers fans. This was the first game that I have been to this year, and while I realize that this team is awful, having your ball park overrun by your opponent is an embarrassment. Heads should roll for the state that this team is in and what it has done to its fan base.
I get that it was a tough game to be in attendance at. (I was there too) However, keep in mind that half of Detroit lives in the Chicago area now. When the Tigers visited Wrigley last season, the ballpark was easily 75% Tigers fans. These people aren't driving to Chicago ballparks from Detroit. They are driving from Lincoln Park, Rogers Park, etc. Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.

doublem23
07-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I get that it was a tough game to be in attendance at. (I was there too) However, keep in mind that half of Detroit lives in the Chicago area now. When the Tigers visited Wrigley last season, the ballpark was easily 75% Tigers fans. These people aren't driving to Chicago ballparks from Detroit. They are driving from Lincoln Park, Rogers Park, etc. Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.

Yeah, bingo. So many Midwest transplants in Chicago now, there's at least 2-3 other teams that routinely pack Wrigley now with their own fans, I was at the Cubs/Cardinals game last Friday and ****, it was probably 80% Cardinal fans. And not just the park, even the Addison bus to Wrigley was pretty full of people in Cardinals gear. The Reds and Brewers take over Wrigleyville almost every series now, too.

TaylorStSox
07-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Nearly 3/4's of my friends from school are from Michigan. There just isn't any work there.

cv sox fan
07-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I was at the game also Alexi was Terrible but keppinger is a complete hack out there our team is lifeless just waiting to get traded I feel sorry for Ventura fans he is in way over his head we need a manager not a fan favorite we will never go far with him team is way under disciplined I will not go back until we field a team that tries

SCCWS
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, bingo. So many Midwest transplants in Chicago now, there's at least 2-3 other teams that routinely pack Wrigley now with their own fans, I was at the Cubs/Cardinals game last Friday and ****, it was probably 80% Cardinal fans. And not just the park, even the Addison bus to Wrigley was pretty full of people in Cardinals gear. The Reds and Brewers take over Wrigleyville almost every series now, too.

Not being a Chicago area resident, how does that happen?? The Cubs must have 30,000?? season ticket holders. How do 80% of opponent fans get their hands on tickets????

doublem23
07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Not being a Chicago area resident, how does that happen?? The Cubs must have 30,000?? season ticket holders. How do 80% of opponent fans get their hands on tickets????

Stubhub and other internet sites. It's made transferring tickets extremely easy, no more standing outside the gate for 3 hours every gameday, you just plop all the games in you can't make into a computer and wait for someone who wants to go to buy them from you.

And that said, the Cubs have an extremely large season ticket base, but A LOT of them are not blue collar fans, they're mainly ticket brokers who buy numerous ticket packages at various parts of the park with the only intent to sell them on the open market for as much as possible. I know a guy who has numerous season ticket plans with the Sox and Cubs whose only goal is to sell as many of those tickets as possible. That's just what he does.

hawkjt
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Defense has killed this team this year,along with the offense.

Pitching has been the lone bright spot.

But, I still think the Sox are in the position that they cannot afford to go totally scorched earth.

They have the pitching to be contenders.
They need to trade position players and whoever,but try to rebuild on the fly so Sox are back contending in 2015.

Noneck
07-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Also, the Sox have had much better crowds this season than they deserve. We are on pace for 1.8 million fans for a tremendously dreadful team to watch.

That is really baffling me. Yes they some what lowered ticket prices and parking but what a crappy team compared to last year.

Jerko
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
That is really baffling me. Yes they some what lowered ticket prices and parking but what a crappy team compared to last year.

Sundays have been pretty full, and there's not as many weekday games? That may make a small dent.

Noneck
07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Sundays have been pretty full, and there's not as many weekday games? That may make a small dent.

Yes the sunday promotion was a long time coming. Im still shocked that attendance is only down a tick from last year. No reason for the Sox to poor mouth this year.

SCCWS
07-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Defense has killed this team this year,along with the offense.

Pitching has been the lone bright spot.

But, I still think the Sox are in the position that they cannot afford to go totally scorched earth.

They have the pitching to be contenders.
They need to trade position players and whoever,but try to rebuild on the fly so Sox are back contending in 2015.

Thy are average in pitching. Go through the pitching categories and you will find that they fall between 7-10 in AL in ERA-BAA-WALKS-SO-HR allowed................

LITTLE NELL
07-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Yes the sunday promotion was a long time coming. Im still shocked that attendance is only down a tick from last year. No reason for the Sox to poor mouth this year.

Since attendance has been mentioned, does anyone know what the figure was for last night. Every Box Score I looked at has it missing, I looked on ESPN sports, CBS sports, the Trib and the Times and no one had it.

The Immigrant
07-23-2013, 02:27 PM
I was at the game also Alexi was Terrible but keppinger is a complete hack out there our team is lifeless just waiting to get traded I feel sorry for Ventura fans he is in way over his head we need a manager not a fan favorite we will never go far with him team is way under disciplined I will not go back until we field a team that tries

http://i.imgur.com/7gbnR.gif

doublem23
07-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Thy are average in pitching. Go through the pitching categories and you will find that they fall between 7-10 in AL in ERA-BAA-WALKS-SO-HR allowed................

#1 in WAR (http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2013-value-pitching.shtml#teams_value_pitching::15)

Brian26
07-23-2013, 09:04 PM

Going to games in the mid-to-late 90s when Cleveland was in town, it seemed like 80% of the park was Indians fans. I remember coming down the ramp in '98 after a game that the Indians had bashed the Sox brains in, and it could have easily been in Cleveland there were so many Indians fans.

fuzzy_patters
07-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Going to games in the mid-to-late 90s when Cleveland was in town, it seemed like 80% of the park was Indians fans. I remember coming down the ramp in '98 after a game that the Indians had bashed the Sox brains in, and it could have easily been in Cleveland there were so many Indians fans.

I remember those days. That was embarrassing, too. As I recall, we ended up with a new general manager shortly thereafter. Hopefully, Rick Hahn can be the one to improve on this mess, but I have a suspicion that KW still has a lot to say about what happens with the White Sox.

Tragg
07-24-2013, 01:13 AM
BTW, in this game, yet another Robin Ventura intentional walk came around to score. Yea it was Cabrera and not Chris Getz this time, but just way to many giveaways by this manager. Putting extra runners on for Prince Fielder is generally not wise.