PDA

View Full Version : Manuel has the backing of the Chairman

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2002, 08:23 PM
Gammons:

Speaking of that Chicago team that led the AL in wins (95) in 2000, manager Jerry Manuel still has owner Jerry Reinsdorf's backing, and with two more years remaining on his contract may well be back next season. Reinsdorf is blaming things other than the manager for the team's struggles, a novel concept.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Gammons:

I've heard of passing the buck, but he's passing it to nothing in particular. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

LongDistanceFan
08-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I've heard of passing the buck, but he's passing it to nothing in particular. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

by that comment i think it is obvious that he is meaning the one person who is in charge, KW and the fans.

baggio202
08-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

god dammit nuke its all your fault....you didnt give the chairman enough of your hard earned money :D:

CubKilla
08-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Is it just me, or does JM look more like the losing Dave Wannstedt every time they put a camera on him? He looks lost and confused. He has even less fire in him than Gene Lamont. JM should thank JR for this "novel concept" according to Gammons. Even in Wrigleyville you get fired for managing an underachieving, sub-par baseball team. But not on Chicago's Southside.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

god dammit nuke its all your fault....you didnt give the chairman enough of your hard earned money :D:

I guess I should shake the piggy bank a little more huh? :D:

Kilroy
08-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Even in Wrigleyville you get fired for managing an underachieving, sub-par baseball team.

I don't know about you, but I thought Baylor was trying to get fired. He wanted to quit, but he wanted to get paid too. So he makes some boneheaded moves, and then calls out the GM in the paper saying that if they want to fire me, then do it. How do you not fire him after saying that?

RedPinStripes
08-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Gammons:

Jerry is in the "circle of friends" .He's untouchable.

Viva Magglio
08-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Is it just me, or does JM look more like the losing Dave Wannstedt every time they put a camera on him? He looks lost and confused. He has even less fire in him than Gene Lamont. JM should thank JR for this "novel concept" according to Gammons. Even in Wrigleyville you get fired for managing an underachieving, sub-par baseball team. But not on Chicago's Southside.

:jerry:wanne
We thought this whole thing through.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

:jerry:wanne
We thought this whole thing through.

:jerry "All the pieces are now in place"

:wanne "HEY! THATS MY LINE!"