PDA

View Full Version : Latest Sox commercial

Milw
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Just saw the new Sox commercial, which goes "behind the scenes" of a fireworks show to have Southpaw hit a big red button to start the show.

I can't believe how amateurish it is. It looks like it was done by 6th graders, and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm so damn sick of his cheap ass organization. Embarrassing.

soltrain21
07-11-2013, 05:26 PM
The pie one was dreadful too.

EMachine10
07-11-2013, 06:48 PM
While I'm sure it bothers some, the quality of the team's commercials couldn't concern me less.

Milw
07-11-2013, 07:07 PM
While I'm sure it bothers some, the quality of the team's commercials couldn't concern me less.

It's just one more example of the halfassedness of the organization. I'd say they act like a AAA franchise, but it would be an insult to the International League.

amsteel
07-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Not having seen it, it sounds like the commercial is like the team: full of potential, but unable to execute.

Red Barchetta
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure Rickett's will show the SOX organization how to correctly explode fireworks after a home run...:scratch:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-07-10/news/ct-met-wrigley-field-fireworks-20130710_1_wrigley-field-outfield-signs-lake-view-citizens

Edit - Looks like they removed it. It was probably a bargaining chip...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/21256243-418/extra-inning-wrigley-compromise-2-signs-shrink-fireworks-snuffed.html

A. Cavatica
07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Not having seen it, it sounds like the commercial is like the team: full of potential, but unable to execute.

Nah, the team doesn't have a lot of potential.

tstrike2000
07-11-2013, 11:42 PM
All of their commercials look like they were produced by middle school kids.

TomBradley72
07-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Just saw the new Sox commercial, which goes "behind the scenes" of a fireworks show to have Southpaw hit a big red button to start the show.

I can't believe how amateurish it is. It looks like it was done by 6th graders, and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm so damn sick of his cheap ass organization. Embarrassing.

Evidently!

MeteorsSox4367
07-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Evidently!

Well played! If we want to talk about little things in commercials, the lettering on the back of Kittle's jersey in the commercial with Fisk and Baines is not what the Sox had in '83.

If you're going to make the commercial and wear the retros, get the details right.

TomBradley72
07-12-2013, 10:24 AM
What the hell has happened to Brooks? Off to such a good start *the Cubs vs. Sox ads, Grinder Rules)- and now our ads look like something you'd see for the Beloit Snappers.

Madvora
07-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Someone post the link if you can find it. I'm curious now.

MinnySoxFan
07-13-2013, 04:30 AM
are they 'Win or die trying' commercials bad?

Milw
07-13-2013, 08:51 AM
are they 'Win or die trying' commercials bad?

I guess we have a different definition of bad, as I thought that campaign was excellent.

Brian26
07-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Well played! If we want to talk about little things in commercials, the lettering on the back of Kittle's jersey in the commercial with Fisk and Baines is not what the Sox had in '83.

If you're going to make the commercial and wear the retros, get the details right.

LOL, that is awesome because I noticed the same thing about Kittle's jersey. It's not even close. I'm not the only one that is crazy.

TomBradley72
07-14-2013, 10:42 AM
I guess we have a different definition of bad, as I thought that campaign was excellent.

The ads where they're on the El and they turn into angels or something like that?

For me- amateur hour-

WhiteSox5187
07-14-2013, 02:28 PM
The ads where they're on the El and they turn into angels or something like that?

For me- amateur hour-

Oh yea, haha, I remember they had one where Buehrle threw a pitch so hard it broke the space time continuum.

Having said that, I just saw the new commercial. It makes the el commercials look great.

Milw
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh yea, haha, I remember they had one where Buehrle threw a pitch so hard it broke the space time continuum.

Having said that, I just saw the new commercial. It makes the el commercials look great.

I don't expect top-line quality; these are ads that will run exclusively on local TV and only for a couple months. I do expect them to look professional. Middle-school quality ads might fly in Kansas City or Cleveland, but this is Chicago. Act like it.

Bobby Thigpen
07-14-2013, 10:02 PM
but this is Chicago. Act like it.
:rolleyes:

TomBradley72
07-15-2013, 10:22 AM
On another note- someone might want to let the White Sox know that the term "blacklist" has a very negative history/connotation-

DSpivack
07-15-2013, 12:05 PM
On another note- someone might want to let the White Sox know that the term "blacklist" has a very negative history/connotation-

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a fan of the Chicago White Sox?"

Don't know if many would admit to that now...

Carolina Kenny
07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
What the hell has happened to Brooks? Off to such a good start *the Cubs vs. Sox ads, Grinder Rules)- and now our ads look like something you'd see for the Beloit Snappers.

One thing Brooks is good at is followup. I complained about how amaturish the "pie" ads looked to me.
Brooks thought they were a great inside look at the players having fun.

Once again IMHO the Sox organization is stale, with too many employees hanging on because of Jerry and his famous loyalty to employees.

The only answer is Jerry must go and take his posse with him.