PDA

View Full Version : Marlins Laughable Ticket Promotion

Foulke You
07-10-2013, 04:03 PM
They are marketing DIRECTLY towards friends and family of Gio Gonzalez by offering a ticket discount since he is making his "homecoming". This would be like the White Sox having a ticket promotion directly aimed at Jason Kipnis and his family since he is from the area.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/miami-marlins-latest-ticket-selling-gimmick-exclusively-ridiculous-180906313.html

WLL1855
07-10-2013, 07:52 PM
This is a joke but it probably makes more sense than some of their other decisions.

Vernam
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
All his Biogenesis pals can turn out. Or turn him in, as the case may be.

amsteel
07-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Is this that much worse that the ticket code promotions the Sox run?

Foulke You
07-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Is this that much worse that the ticket code promotions the Sox run?
You can't be serious, can you?

HomeFish
07-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Kenny Lofton was from Northwest Indiana, and I believe his contract with the Sox contained a clause stating that he would get paid extra if attendance increased (because of Northwest Hoosiers coming out to see their hero)

As far as I know, the additional fans from Northwest Indiana never came.

Foulke You
07-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Kenny Lofton was from Northwest Indiana, and I believe his contract with the Sox contained a clause stating that he would get paid extra if attendance increased (because of Northwest Hoosiers coming out to see their hero)

As far as I know, the additional fans from Northwest Indiana never came.
Interesting. I hadn't heard that one before. If true, this was something the Sox kept to themselves and didn't plaster it on a website ticket promotion. He was also one of their own players. I'm sure something like that would be hard to quantify. I mean, are the friends and family of one player really going to register a bump in attendance of any ball club?

eriqjaffe
07-15-2013, 03:04 PM
As far as I know, the additional fans from Northwest Indiana never came.I dunno, the Cubs acquired Lofton in 2003 and they drew nearly 270,000 more fans than they did in 2002. So clearly there is a correlation there.