PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash

Jerko
07-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Grinder bash is this Friday and Saturday. From what I've gathered, a lot of ST holders were NOT notified. Nothing in our online accounts, no email. So, any ST holder that wants to go to the grinder bash, start sending emails or call your reps. (my buddy didn't get his invite either and he has a different rep, so it's not a rep thing).

soxfan21
07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
This is garbage, and just another reason why I won't be renewing next season. I got a new rep this year, old one was Nathalie, and he has not been close to be as helpful as she was. It's nice getting 3 days notice of this, when in the past I believe we got about a month's notice prior to Grinder Bash. Don't know if I'll be able to make it this year which is too bad, it was the one thing that I was actually looking forward to this season.

Harry Potter
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM
This organization, from top to bottom...

:facepalm:

Jerko
07-09-2013, 12:07 PM
This is garbage, and just another reason why I won't be renewing next season. I got a new rep this year, old one was Nathalie, and he has not been close to be as helpful as she was. It's nice getting 3 days notice of this, when in the past I believe we got about a month's notice prior to Grinder Bash. Don't know if I'll be able to make it this year which is too bad, it was the one thing that I was actually looking forward to this season.

A buddy of mine told me about it the last game I was at (Sunday vs. Cle) I don't know how he knew and nobody else did. So I went home, checked my account and emails and saw nothing and thought he was pulling my leg. Another friend of mine was at that game too and and he called his rep and that's how we found out it was still on. I just assumed there would be another one later in the year.

tebman
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
We'll be there Friday night. Fortunately I got the e-mail several weeks before, but because I wasn't sure of my availability I didn't reply until the posted 6/21 deadline. The kicker was that I couldn't log into the Sox/Ticketmaster system -- something was haywire that caused me to be kicked off after I logged in. I tried multiple times, changed my password through the system, but could only keep knocking on the virtual door.

I called Reynel, my ticket rep, but got a voicemail message that he was out until Monday (grumble...). I left a message telling my story, and he did call me back Monday morning and sent me tickets. My worry was that Ticketmaster's cosmic ticket-puncher wouldn't let me in since the official deadline had passed.

Happy ending for me but I can relate to everyone's frustration.

lizard6king6
07-09-2013, 10:49 PM
No problem here. My rep emailed me and even sent me 2 extra tix for family. Sox have been great to me as a 1st year season ticket holder.

Wedema
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Carlos May and Minnie Minoso will be signing autographs on Saturday.

yazz32
07-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Say what??? :scratch: This is first time I hear about this...:o:

Jerko
07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Say what??? :scratch: This is first time I hear about this...:o:

Girl I work with that is NOT a season ticket holder got an email about it. She must have run a group outing or something. The only good thing is I "guilted" them into giving me Friday as punishment for not notifying me, since I can't go Saturday.

JB98
07-11-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm disappointed there isn't a Sunday option this year. Oh well. Gotta work both Friday and Saturday and can't go.

keloms
07-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Have a 14 game plan, but, no notice about it. Didn't really expect them, but, thought they might offer to encourage a bigger buy for next season.

If any one has extras that they wont be using, I'd be interested.

Chez
07-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Full season holder. First I've heard of it. Disappointing.

Harry Potter
07-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Total bull**** and if anyone from the organization is reading this thread, the middle finger I'm currently holding up is directed toward you. :angry:

I shouldn't have to call my rep asking why I haven't been notified about it.

I'll wait until after the Grinder Bash has passed and contact them then - and hopefully get a nice consolation prize out of them. But I won't hold my breath.

dickallen15
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I think what happens is the emails go to junk mail and the offer is deleted after online after the deadline has passed. I caught it this time, but missed the earlier party and anything for the media guide. I also didn't get a hat.

Jerko
07-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Total bull**** and if anyone from the organization is reading this thread, the middle finger I'm currently holding up is directed toward you. :angry:

I'll wait until after the Grinder Bash has passed and contact them then - and hopefully get a nice consolation prize out of them. But I won't hold my breath.

You would think after the first person complained, the reps would have taken it upon themselves to notify everybody. When my buddy called, his rep said "oh yeah we've been having problems with that". Well, FIX them then.

NightTrain Veeck
07-11-2013, 09:17 AM

I would like to help you Harry Potter. Please send me an email at nighttrainveeck@gmail.com with the best number I can reach you at and your email address.

DeadMoney
07-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I would like to help you Harry Potter. Please send me an email at nighttrainveeck@gmail.com with the best number I can reach you at and your email address.

Well at least someone from the Sox is reading this forum and knows that fans are pissed.

lizard6king6
07-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Welcome Nighttrain,
Thanks for joining us here and offering help! Whoever needs help email him he is one awesome guy. However I have a different email for him so I can't verify if the gmail account is his. Any sox rep should be able to help anyone with grinder bash tickets. Night train and Alexandra have been huge help in the past with me.

Jerko
07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Well at least someone from the Sox is reading this forum and knows that fans are pissed.

Hopefully he is telling all his colleagues to get on the horn and make sure their clients know about it.

Jerko
07-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I think what happens is the emails go to junk mail and the offer is deleted after online after the deadline has passed. I caught it this time, but missed the earlier party and anything for the media guide. I also didn't get a hat.

Usually events like this go into your online account under "Right of first refusal" tickets or some such. Didn't even get that this time.

dickallen15
07-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Usually events like this go into your online account under "Right of first refusal" tickets or some such. Didn't even get that this time.
That's what I'm talking about. The deadline was a week or 2 ago. Once it passes, the right of first refusal goes empty. So if you aren't checking it while it is still in play, it will be missed and many White Sox emails go to junk mail so people will miss those. Maybe they should figure out ways to send texts.

Harry Potter
07-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I talked to Night Train on the phone and got things squared away for the Grinder Bash tomorrow night. I appreciate him reaching out and calling me since my rep never did.

If Night Train ever switched from group sales to managing individual season ticket accounts, I'd put in a request to switch my rep to him.

My_Sox_Summer
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
What is the difference between Friday and Sat? Is it like SoxFest?

I have tickets for Sat.

DumpJerry
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
What is the difference between Friday and Sat? Is it like SoxFest?

I have tickets for Sat.
Identical. It is done this way to keep the crowd manageable.

salty99
07-11-2013, 03:28 PM
What time is the Saturday bash?

yazz32
07-11-2013, 03:31 PM
What time is the Saturday bash?

I was told for Sat it is from 12PM until 3PM.

salty99
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I was told for Sat it is from 12PM until 3PM.

Thanks! I originally had Friday tickets but switched them to Saturday and wasn't told what time it was for.

StillMissOzzie
07-11-2013, 08:14 PM
As a general rule, when you are invited to a party at the last minute, they really don't want you to show up. Just sayin'

SMO
:gulp:

lizard6king6
07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Heading out soon for grinder bash! For those who went yesterday anything new or exciting?

Mr. Jinx
07-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Went to the bash today. It was a fun time inside, but I ended up leaving early. In typical how can we ruin a good experience Sox fashion, I came out to find that my car and the entire row with me was boxed in because a bunch of ****ing idiots started parking three deep.

I don't know what was worse, the fact that there were numerous empty rows in the lot if you just drove a little further, or the reply I got from security when I went back to bitch about it. "Yeah, that's what happens when they don't have anyone out there from security directing traffic".

So I got to stand out there in the lot until one of the cars on either end of me finally game out and moved. White Sox baseball!

Wedema
07-13-2013, 03:52 PM
My daughter and I had a good time at the Grinder Bash today. Weather was nice, food was good (Cajun chicken is great), got a 1983 season ticket holder hat giveaway, picked up a replica Stanley Cup at the charity sale, took a pic with the World Series Trophy, and met Carlos May. Also noticed that the Sox had the first 5 rows of seats on both sides from the end of the dugout to the foul pole ripped out and were laying down new concrete in those areas.

lizard6king6
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
My daughter and I had a good time at the Grinder Bash today. Weather was nice, food was good (Cajun chicken is great), got a 1983 season ticket holder hat giveaway, picked up a replica Stanley Cup at the charity sale, took a pic with the World Series Trophy, and met Carlos May. Also noticed that the Sox had the first 5 rows of seats on both sides from the end of the dugout to the foul pole ripped out and were laying down new concrete in those areas.

Well you just summed up out experience too. I enjoy the grinder bash but the last 7 years of it, it really hasn't changed. I do miss the one year they let us on the outfield grass also the game used stuff prices are still too high.

Wedema
07-13-2013, 06:00 PM
One of the coolest things that we saw today was in the Sox bullpen dugout where there were signatures on the wall above the bench of all of the pitchers since 2011 and their nickname and years with the Sox written by their autographs. From the pictures that I took, Reed was The Phenom (crossed off) and is now Pinky, Jones is Rube, Castro is El Baron, Omogrosso is Omo, Josh Kinney is The Night Fox, Sale is Slim, Purcey is Big Foot, Lindstrom is Stormy, Quintana is Q, Veal is The Real Deal, Humber is Mr. Perfect, Troncoso is Megatron, Heath is Mamba, Septimo is Larry, Sergio Santos is Prime Time, Ohman is Bull Dog, Santiago was Jersey (crossed off) and is now Turbo, Liriano is Pancho Villa and Franchise, Eric Stults is Hoosier, and Brett Myers is Redneck Express. They also were recording tally marks for "Calls to the Pen". In 2012, there were 812 calls and so far around 300 this year.

amsteel
07-13-2013, 07:01 PM
One of the coolest things that we saw today was in the Sox bullpen dugout where there were signatures on the wall above the bench of all of the pitchers since 2011 and their nickname and years with the Sox written by their autographs. From the pictures that I took, Reed was The Phenom (crossed off) and is now Pinky, Jones is Rube, Castro is El Baron, Omogrosso is Omo, Josh Kinney is The Night Fox, Sale is Slim, Purcey is Big Foot, Lindstrom is Stormy, Quintana is Q, Veal is The Real Deal, Humber is Mr. Perfect, Troncoso is Megatron, Heath is Mamba, Septimo is Larry, Sergio Santos is Prime Time, Ohman is Bull Dog, Santiago was Jersey (crossed off) and is now Turbo, Liriano is Pancho Villa and Franchise, Eric Stults is Hoosier, and Brett Myers is Redneck Express. They also were recording tally marks for "Calls to the Pen". In 2012, there were 812 calls and so far around 300 this year.

This is excellent.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-14-2013, 01:13 PM
I gave away my tickets for the Friday night bash and if I read the thank-you text I got later correctly, they did let people out onto the field to play around a bit?

Wedema
07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I gave away my tickets for the Friday night bash and if I read the thank-you text I got later correctly, they did let people out onto the field to play around a bit?

They did not let us on the field on Saturday-- only the warning track.