PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie getting lit up by the D-Rays?


Foulke You
08-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Well, Todd has hit rock bottom. The lowly D-Rays are lighting you up and sending you on your way to yet another loss on the march towards 20. How can a Sox uniform cause a pitcher's ability to corrode this much? Is it the DH? Torn labrum perhaps?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Jim Abbott and Cal Eldred the last 2 pitchers that worked out from which we aquired from another team or free agency? Jaime Navarro, David Wells, and now Todd Ritchie. Ugh. We need to scout pitchers better.

Kroozah
08-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Month after month the trade for Ritchie more rediculous. Wells and Fogg have 10 wins a piece for a team that is 10 games under .500, almost the same as our record. Even the middler relief guys is better than what we have. What what record do you think we would of had if we kept throse three guys?

Or maybe if they were still with the team, we would be looking at arm problems

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Kroozah
Month after month the trade for Ritchie more rediculous. Wells and Fogg have 10 wins a piece for a team that is 10 games under .500, almost the same as our record. Even the middler relief guys is better than what we have. What what record do you think we would of had if we kept throse three guys?

Or maybe if they were still with the team, we would be looking at arm problems

:nardi

"Sox did Wells and Fogg a huge favor by trading them. I would have ruined their careers sooner or later."

TornLabrum
08-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Well, Todd has hit rock bottom. The lowly D-Rays are lighting you up and sending you on your way to yet another loss on the march towards 20. How can a Sox uniform cause a pitcher's ability to corrode this much? Is it the DH? Torn labrum perhaps?

Hey! Leave me out of this!!!! :D:

doublem23
08-04-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Jim Abbott and Cal Eldred the last 2 pitchers that worked out from which we aquired from another team or free agency? Jaime Navarro, David Wells, and now Todd Ritchie. Ugh. We need to scout pitchers better.

Well, I don't remember exactly how we aquired Abbott (the first time, that is), but we got Eldred in that Valentin/Eldred for Snyder/Navarro steal of a deal prior to 2000.

Hey, we can't forget Doug Drabek! :smile:

Lip Man 1
08-04-2002, 02:17 PM
A far cry from the early / mid 90's isn't it, when the Sox would sign vets like Scott Sanderson, Kevin Tapani, Charlie Hough and Kirk McCaskill and ALL of them would pitch well!

Like my late father used to say, "you get what you pay for..."

Lip