PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-6 No one cares anymore; TB 3 SOX 0 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Sale ought to find a tube sock, stuff it with baseballs, and pound the hell out of every position player on this pathetic excuse for a team.

And when Sale is done, he should hand said baseball-stuffed tube sock to Quintana, to repeat the procedure, just for good measure.

BainesHOF
07-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Dead team walking.

16th&State
07-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Sale ought to find a tube sock, stuff it with baseballs, and pound the hell out of every position player on this pathetic excuse for a team.

And when Sale is done, he should hand said baseball-stuffed tube sock to Quintana, to repeat the procedure, just for good measure.

Seriously!? What does Sale, or Q for that matter, have to do to get a win these days??!? This team is just pathetic. #Ugh.

Mr. White Sox
07-06-2013, 10:35 PM
- Rios, Dunn and Flowers stranded 11 runners combined tonight. The team stranded 7. Keppinger had the lone XBH (a double).

+ Beckham's 2/3 night brought his average up to .336. It's time to move him up in the order.

+ Sale.

Not much else needs to be said.

Golden Sox
07-06-2013, 10:48 PM
I can't recall in my lifetime a White Sox team that has turned out this way. In other bad years you usally saw the bad year coming. I figured at worse, this would be a 500 team. This team has become a total train wreck. I don't think too many people saw this type of season coming. When this team is a couple of runs behind you realize that the game is over. I just wonder what/if anything Hahn is going to do.

Brian26
07-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I liked Tampa's hypothetical throwbacks tonight...kinda like a combination of the 70s Padres, Expos and Brewers. Too bad the Sox couldnt have worn the sweet powder blue '72 road unis instead of the red homes.

slavko
07-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I liked Tampa's hypothetical throwbacks tonight...kinda like a combination of the 70s Padres, Expos and Brewers. Too bad the Sox couldnt have worn the sweet powder blue '72 road unis instead of the red homes.

Lots of empty blue seats took me back to somewhere. The team's play takes me back to 1970 in particular. Would they be any better if a Rah, Rah, Gung Ho, baseball lifer type were managing? They look like they could use a good shock of some kind.

thomas35forever
07-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Glad I went to The Jungle Book downtown tonight instead of watching more crappy baseball.

RCWHITESOX
07-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Lots of empty blue seats took me back to somewhere. The team's play takes me back to 1970 in particular. Would they be any better if a Rah, Rah, Gung Ho, baseball lifer type were managing? They look like they could use a good shock of some kind.

I don't think this team could beat the 1970 team in a 4 game series.

DSpivack
07-07-2013, 12:29 AM

I liked them, too, although with the Sox wearing their home red/whites I thought it looked odd. In other words, the Rays last night were wearing throwback uniforms from a decade in which they did not yet exist against a team wearing throwback uniforms from a decade in which they did. And they were doing so in their home park wearing road uniforms playing a team wearing home uniforms, and yet the park was built for the road team wearing home uniforms and not the home team wearing a road uniform.

Glad I went to The Jungle Book downtown tonight instead of watching more crappy baseball.

Maybe Baloo can be the next manager.

SoxSpeed22
07-07-2013, 01:17 AM
9 replies (before me) can attest to the enthusiasm that this team brings to the table.
On a side note, I would appreciate if you would bring that trade value up Rios.

MeteorsSox4367
07-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Missed the Sox game to go watch Kane County play. Felt like a Sox game, though, as the Chicago-area team got shut out on a three-hitter.

tstrike2000
07-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Sucks

Corlose 15
07-07-2013, 09:00 AM
There's no reason why Beckham should still be hitting 8th.

Tragg
07-07-2013, 09:13 AM

He should bat second. But that would require shaking up the order...might hurt the confidence of him and this team. Certainly can't risk that.

For those who watch the games, is Beckham actually looking better at the plate, or is it just that his doinks and grounders are experiencing a period of falling in? I notice he is honoring the tradition of not walking much.

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM

I agree, and it has nothing to do with trying to increase production this year.

Rather, we need to learn if his excellent hitting is sustainable, or a mirage.

He needs to hit in a "higher pressure" spot in the order. If he keeps hitting above .300 near the top of the order, then he's a long-term building block. If not, he's just a solid fielder who belongs at the bottom of the order.

Brian26
07-07-2013, 09:30 AM
He should bat second. But that would require shaking up the order...might hurt the confidence of him and this team. Certainly can't risk that.

For those who watch the games, is Beckham actually looking better at the plate, or is it just that his doinks and grounders are experiencing a period of falling in? I notice he is honoring the tradition of not walking much.

He is driving the ball more with line drives, although last night he had a little doink hit to RF and a roller in the infield that died between the P and 3B. I like his approach and crouched stance at the plate though.

tlebar318
07-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I was at this game last night...what a waste of $58 to watch a team with no pulse and no direction.....Sale and Beckham were bright spots but otherwise it was money spent to sit in a dome and drink beer....a popular refrain in Chicago rings true now..."Wait till next year" Is it time for Da Bears yet?

October26
07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I feel so bad for Chris Sale who pitched great last night and got the loss.

What a sad season our Sox are having. The Sox have now lost 50 games which is a depressing thought. I still care and I still tune in to watch or listen to every Sox game.

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast. I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my dad who is 85 and continues his rehabilitation/recovery from double pneumonia. My father has a unique perspective and can make me laugh and I am so thankful for this.

My dad and I are rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.

#1swisher
07-07-2013, 11:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOlG62wCcAAOHN0.jpg:large

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2013, 11:15 AM

What a sad season our Sox are having. The Sox have now lost 50 games which is a depressing thought. I still care and I still tune in to watch or listen to every Sox game.

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast.

Also rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.

I feel your pain, its a horrible feeling to have your baseball team out of the pennant race before the all-star game.
I take my frustrations out on the golf course and I read a lot but this really stinks.

Stanley
07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Keppinger hitting 4th...I don't know whether to laugh or cry, really.

SI1020
07-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Keppinger hitting 4th...I don't know whether to laugh or cry, really. Laugh. A little Jim Beam helps too.

Stanley
07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
He is driving the ball more with line drives, although last night he had a little doink hit to RF and a roller in the infield that died between the P and 3B. I like his approach and crouched stance at the plate though.

I don't see him having sustained success with that stance, but I guess we shall see. I think the bigger issue with him is the load in his swing. It's too long and loopy and his stride doesn't seem consistent. I'm sure it won't take that long to see that his average right now is a mirage. That doink to RF last night is more in line with what type of hitter Beckham has become than anything.

TheVulture
07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Keppinger hitting 4th...I don't know whether to laugh or cry, really.

That's not as bad as Morel batting 7th, or wearing a major league uniform for that matter.

Stanley
07-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Laugh. A little Jim Beam helps too.

Beam + bad baseball = getting punchy. Nobody want's that. :redneck

And wow, I completely missed Morel at 7 there. Now I'm really laughing.

SCCWS
07-07-2013, 12:56 PM
I was at this game last night...what a waste of $58 to watch a team with no pulse and no direction.....Sale and Beckham were bright spots but otherwise it was money spent to sit in a dome and drink beer....a popular refrain in Chicago rings true now..."Wait till next year" Is it time for Da Bears yet?

$58???? You must have worn a White Sox jersey and the ticket agent took advantage of you. At Tampa Bay, you can sit in 3rd deck directly behind home plate for $12...............$10 if you order online 5 hours before 1st pitch.

SCCWS
07-07-2013, 12:58 PM

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast. I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my dad who is 85 and continues his rehabilitation/recovery from double pneumonia. My father has a unique perspective and can make me laugh and I am so thankful for this.

My dad and I are rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.

I am willing to bet your garden production will be down this year if you are playing Sox games in the background.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2013, 12:59 PM
$58???? You must have worn a White Sox jersey and the ticket agent took advantage of you. At Tampa Bay, you can sit in 3rd deck directly behind home plate for $12...............$10 if you order online 5 hours before 1st pitch.

We decided not to go this year, I wouldn't even spend the 12 bucks to see these stiffs.

BigKlu59
07-07-2013, 01:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOlG62wCcAAOHN0.jpg:large

The Mother of all Sunday Line ups.... When it gets bad, it really gets bad... Mighty Casey Keppinger... Yes, this is past laughable, this is pathetic..

BK59

TaylorStSox
07-07-2013, 01:07 PM
We decided not to go this year, I wouldn't even spend the 12 bucks to see these stiffs.

But you'll waste your time crying about them online. Seems productive.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2013, 01:15 PM

I'm getting my 10 bucks worth for being a Bronze member, besides I have to vent somewhere.

Bobby Thigpen
07-07-2013, 01:21 PM
+1 zillion

SI1020
07-07-2013, 01:27 PM

+1 zillion Really? Is this what it's going to come to here? I mean why not just debate a post you disagree with but should anyone dictate another poster's tone or style? I always enjoyed not just the loyalty but the realism of Sox fans. Even when I was 6 1/2 years old. Internet message board traffic is down as people switch to other mediums. The team stinks as bad as any Sox team in my lifetime. Why do we have to have Torquemadas enforcing rigid orthodoxy? It's quiet enough around here as it is.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Really? Is this what it's going to come to here? I mean why not just debate a post you disagree with but why the hell should anyone dictate another poster's tone or style? I always enjoyed not just the loyalty but the realism of Sox fans. Even when I was 6 1/2 years old. Internet message board traffic is down as people switch to other mediums. The team stinks as bad as any Sox team in my lifetime. Why do we have to have Torquemadas enforcing rigid orthodoxy? It's quiet enough around here as it is.

+ a gazillion. There are a few here at WSI who live and post just to knock other people, talk about wasting time.
I've been a member since 2006 and never knock someone else's post, I respect everyone's opinion.

TaylorStSox
07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Really? Is this what it's going to come to here? I mean why not just debate a post you disagree with but should anyone dictate another poster's tone or style? I always enjoyed not just the loyalty but the realism of Sox fans. Even when I was 6 1/2 years old. Internet message board traffic is down as people switch to other mediums. The team stinks as bad as any Sox team in my lifetime. Why do we have to have Torquemadas enforcing rigid orthodoxy? It's quiet enough around here as it is.

If you want to be "real," accept that we suck and we're rebuilding. It's going to be a slow, painful process. Don't waste your time crying about it in every post game thread. It's going to take a long time. If you don't want to watch it, become a Dodgers fan.

SI1020
07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
If you want to be "real," accept that we suck and we're rebuilding. It's going to be a slow, painful process. Don't waste your time crying about it in every post game thread. It's going to take a long time. If you don't want to watch it, become a Dodgers fan. Don't waste your time. Your opinion means little if anything to me. Let people vent and post as they please. No one needs your permission to express a personal opinion or idea about baseball or life.

Bobby Thigpen
07-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Why ro you have to "vent"? The Sox suck. We've established this. Why keep beating the crap out of the same dead horse?

TaylorStSox
07-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Don't waste your time. Your opinion means little if anything to me. Let people vent and post as they please. No one needs your permission to express a personal opinion or idea about baseball or life.

Ultimately, I don't care what people post. But if you're going to cry and act like a baby, I'm going to call you a baby. This isn't sports talk radio.

Brian26
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Times are tough. If everyone could try to get along, that would be helpful. It's probably best to try to find the positives and don't keep harping on the negatives.

SCCWS
07-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Why ro you have to "vent"? The Sox suck. We've established this. Why keep beating the crap out of the same dead horse?

Instead of complaining about other posters, use the time to spell check your posts.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Times are tough. If everyone could try to get along, that would be helpful. It's probably best to try to find the positives and don't keep harping on the negatives.

Some people on this board do not want to get along, all they want to do is demean other people. I agree we are all frustrated like we haven't been for quite awhile but I for one come here to express my feelings and share my frustrations. This is a discussion site but if we can't say something without being demeaned and called names by some people who think they are know it alls why not just shut the thing down.

Bobby Thigpen
07-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Instead of complaining about other posters, use the time to spell check your posts.
Wow. You got me. Good job.

Bobby Thigpen
07-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Some people on this board do not want to get along, all they want to do is demean other people. I agree we are all frustrated like we haven't been for quite awhile but I for one come here to express my feelings and share my frustrations. This is a discussion site but if we can't say something without being demeaned and called names by some people who think they are know it alls why not just shut the thing down.
You keep sharing the same frustrations and expressing the same things. At some point it gets old. Why do you feel the need to keep saying the same things? If you're SOOOO unhappy with the Sox, at some point you'd think you'd find something else to do instead of posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over.....

Brian26
07-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Ugh.

Closed.