PDA

View Full Version : Manuel You Idiot!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-03-2002, 06:00 PM
He's sitting Maggs today! What is this guy thinking about!>?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Come on now! I know JM likes to tinker, but why on earth would you sit the hottest player on the team, even for an inning?

Can you say d-u-m-b-a-s-s!!

:firejerry

DO IT NOW!!!!!

MisterB
08-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Sorry to interrupt your rant, but the guy was hit by pitch TWICE yesterday. Maybe Maggs is just a little sore? :smile:

CLR01
08-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
He's sitting Maggs today! What is this guy thinking about!>?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Come on now! I know JM likes to tinker, but why on earth would you sit the hottest player on the team, even for an inning?

Hottest hitter? The guy is 2-15 in his last 4 games. He was hot until the min series and he has since cooled off, plus like MisteB said he was hit twice yesterday maybe he is sore.

CubKilla
08-03-2002, 09:05 PM
When he came up to PH in the ninth, Hawk stated that he was given a rest today because of the aforementioned sore triceps. And, according to Hawk, he's been hit there 3 or 4 times in as many days.

BuehrleACE56
08-04-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
Sorry to interrupt your rant, but the guy was hit by pitch TWICE yesterday. Maybe Maggs is just a little sore? :smile:

awww poor baby got beaned. thats no reason to sit. unless he got clonked in the balls or on his head w/out a helmet, then suck it up. you get paid millions to play. not cry because you got hit. i am not saying this is what happened, i love magglio and i think would play thru it. but some players wouldnt. it was probably some random manuel tinkering. liefer batting 3rd, now cleanup? ***? does he roll the dice while filling out a lineup card? jesus.

doublem23
08-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56

awww poor baby got beaned. thats no reason to sit. unless he got clonked in the balls or on his head w/out a helmet, then suck it up. you get paid millions to play. not cry because you got hit. i am not saying this is what happened, i love magglio and i think would play thru it. but some players wouldnt. it was probably some random manuel tinkering. liefer batting 3rd, now cleanup? ***? does he roll the dice while filling out a lineup card? jesus.

Well, YOU'VE obviously never played baseball before (outside of Tee-Ball maybe).

LongDistanceFan
08-04-2002, 02:32 AM

there are guy who got boken bones from getting hit. do you think that maybe you should rethink this.

Nellie_Fox
08-04-2002, 02:39 AM
awww poor baby got beaned. thats no reason to sit.You know, mentally tough only goes so far. When your body can't, it doesn't matter how tough you are, or how mentally strong. Next time you have a muscle cramp, just will yourself out of it. It's so easy to be tough about someone else's injuries.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-04-2002, 03:12 AM

Damn, that was harsh!

Seriously

Dadawg_77
08-04-2002, 11:58 AM

Who cares if Mags plays? What do we have to win? These games don't matter anymore except to see who can play and who can't. We all know Mags can play so there is no need further any injury by playing him in a meaningless game.

CubKilla
08-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Who cares if Mags plays? What do we have to win? These games don't matter anymore except to see who can play and who can't. We all know Mags can play so there is no need further any injury by playing him in a meaningless game.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it meaningless but I agree with your statement 99%. LOL. To steal a page out of JR's quote book..... "If anybody thinks we can catch Minnesota you're crazy." No use in further aggravating what may be just a sore upper arm right now. My guess is that you'll see Maggs starting today (08/04) though.

RKMeibalane
08-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

:maggs

"These games aren't meaningless! I need to be in the lineup every day, so I can 'pad my stats' like Ray Durham was doing."