PDA

View Full Version : *Official* July 4 Fireworks; Dunn redeems with walkoff; SOX 3 BAL 2 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Entertaining win

all*star quentin
07-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Sox get it Dunn! :bandance:

harwar
07-04-2013, 05:01 PM
That was fun .. we have such a solid pitching staff, it's a shame that things went so terribly wrong on the offensive and defensive sides .. also,i'm starting to wonder if someone might take a try at Dunn..

October26
07-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Disappointed that Quintana could not get the win today - he really pitched great.

Awesome call by Hawk on the walk-off homer by Adam Dunn.

Happy 4th of July. :bandance: Sox win!

Jurr
07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, you could tell Hawk needed that one.

FielderJones
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Great day for a ball game, and a great result. Quintana deserved better.

The scoreboard mentioned that Dunn's last game-ending homer was in 2010. I did the reverse-jinx and said, "He's never had a walk-off in a Sox uniform? Hard to believe." Sure enough -- :bandance:

Second consecutive game I've attended that the Sox won in their last at-bat, wearing 1917 jersey. I might have to keep using that outfit. I've been pretty lucky this year considering the Sox's record.

TDog
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I think every time a White Sox player makes an error that is key to the Sox losing a late lead, that player should drive in the winning run. Heaven knows (because I've lost count) how many late leads have been lost this year in huge part because of errors and misplays.

If that isn't Dunn's first game-ending home run in a White Sox uniform, I missed the others. One of the reasons Dunn hasn't had great success in late innings is that teams often bring in lefties to face him if the game is on the line. But today's game worked out nicely.

ChiSoxGal85
07-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Disappointed that Quintana could not get the win today - he really pitched great.

Awesome call by Hawk on the walk-off homer by Adam Dunn.

Happy 4th of July. :bandance: Sox win!
Definitely, Jose deserved the win. Man, the starters must be just grinding their teeth.

Great win, though. Walk-offs are awesome!

cards press box
07-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Did he ever! 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB and 11 K's. A superb performance, no doubt.

Too bad that he didn't get the win but, thankfully,

:winner

Tragg
07-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Kudos to Dunn.
He's been hitting his ass off.
Hopefully he keeps it up during the bridge period while we work to get this train back on its tracks.

Railsplitter
07-04-2013, 10:11 PM
A win! A win!
:bandance:

JB98
07-04-2013, 10:26 PM
I think every time a White Sox player makes an error that is key to the Sox losing a late lead, that player should drive in the winning run. Heaven knows (because I've lost count) how many late leads have been lost this year in huge part because of errors and misplays.

If that isn't Dunn's first game-ending home run in a White Sox uniform, I missed the others. One of the reasons Dunn hasn't had great success in late innings is that teams often bring in lefties to face him if the game is on the line. But today's game worked out nicely.

Baltimore had Matusz warming up during the top of the ninth inning. When I saw that, I figured Showalter was getting him ready to face Dunn in the bottom half of the inning. Instead, he stuck with Hunter. That worked out nicely for the White Sox.

It's a shame Quintana didn't get a win today. Baltimore hitters could not lay off his high fastball, nor could they hit it. The result was a career-high 11 strikeouts. Nice performance for Quintana.

jdm2662
07-05-2013, 10:58 AM
My first visit at the ol ball park this season. It was my anniversary, and my aunt got me really nice tickets behind the Sox dugout. Sadly, between the sun, talking, and drinking, the game was kind of blur. We also had to leave early since we had reservations. In years past, I would've been mad at missing a walk off homer. Yesterday, we just laughed it off and moved on.

I didn't really tour the park as much as I wanted, but it looks like they did some nice work in the off season. I had a fun day. It sure as hell beats being at work...

hawkjt
07-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Nice job by Jose....I like him,Hector,Sale,Danks and Axe to keep the team from sinking off the map totally the second half.

I also love turning the tables on Buck for a change. Since he has come to the O's, they kill the Sox, usually when the Sox are clinging to the top,while the O's have been relaxed and in the middle of the pack.

For once, the O's are the team desperate to win,and the Sox have no pressure....and the Sox took the series.

Eat it Buck!!