PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Poison?

capn12
08-03-2002, 12:04 AM
This from Chicagosports.com regarding Todd Ritchie:

If Ritchie goes to the bullpen, the Sox may stick Rocky Biddle in the rotation or dip to the minors for a fifth starter. Jim Parque, who was buried down at Triple-A Charlotte after giving up three of Mike Cameron's record-tying four home runs May 2 at Comiskey Park, appears to be back in Williams' good graces and may return soon

Butter time may return to a stadium near you very soon!!!

Chisox_cali
08-03-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by capn12

Really, right now I'd rather have Butter than Ritchie. But hopefully Rocky gets his rightful shot. I hope KW is still pissed, no matter what the quote says.

Chisox_cali
08-03-2002, 12:45 AM
Well Parque pitched today Here's his line:

6IP 6H 2R 1ER 1 BB 2K

I'd take that over any of Ritchie's recent starts

Simas pitched to and got the loss, here's his line:
1 1/3IP 2H 3R 3ER 1BB 0K

Ehhhhhh :(:

WinningUgly!
08-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Well Parque pitched today Here's his line:

6IP 6H 2R 1ER 1 BB 2K

I'd take that over any of Ritchie's recent starts

Simas pitched to and got the loss, here's his line:
1 1/3IP 2H 3R 3ER 1BB 0K

Ehhhhhh :(:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/rock.JPG
Biddle better get a chance to prove what he can do as a starter. Ritchie should do nothing more than mop-up duty for the rest of the season.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-03-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by capn12

Ritchie needs to just go away. The sooner we get rid of him the sooner we can all forget the horrible deal that brought him here.

34 Inch Stick
08-03-2002, 11:26 AM
As I keep saying, I think Parque is going to be a contributor to next year's Sox on the major league level. When the arm was good he certainly was a good pitcher. Definitely middle of the rotation ability.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
As I keep saying, I think Parque is going to be a contributor to next year's Sox on the major league level. When the arm was good he certainly was a good pitcher. Definitely middle of the rotation ability.

i agree a healthy Butter can help the Sox. but he needs to be consistent and that is yet to be seen, although his recent numbers in Charlotte have improved from early in the year, so maybe his arm is better now. also, how is Rauch doing, is he still hurt?

cheeses_h_rice
08-03-2002, 12:02 PM
Can someone enlighten me...is Ritchie signed beyond 2002? God I hope not.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Can someone enlighten me...is Ritchie signed beyond 2002? God I hope not.

The media guide lists him as signed through 2002, but that can't be right, can it? I haven't heard anything about him becoming a free agent this winter.

Can you imagine KW trading three arms for a rent-a-player one year from free agency?

DON'T ANSWER THAT!

:KW
"Ritchie, eh? It that with a 'y' or an 'ie'?"

RedPinStripes
08-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/rock.JPG
Biddle better get a chance to prove what he can do as a starter. Ritchie should do nothing more than mop-up duty for the rest of the season.

Love that pic WU! Rocko'sDad would like that pic. I'll send it to him and give you the credit you deserve. :D:

Daver
08-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The media guide lists him as signed through 2002, but that can't be right, can it? I haven't heard anything about him becoming a free agent this winter.

Can you imagine KW trading three arms for a rent-a-player one year from free agency?

DON'T ANSWER THAT!

:KW
"Ritchie, eh? It that with a 'y' or an 'ie'?"

He is signed through this season,but is not eligible for FA,he doesn't have the service time in.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by daver
He is signed through this season,but is not eligible for FA,he doesn't have the service time in.

From the Daily Herald:
I'd like to stay around and help this team and do some damage control for what I've done so far,'' said Ritchie, who is eligible for salary arbitration at the end of the season . "But this is a business. They're trying to go with young guys, and I don't see them trying to keep me around.''

TornLabrum
08-03-2002, 02:44 PM
I've given Parque the "Li'l Bulldog" title in the past because he reminds me of Greg Hibbard in his tenacity on the mound. However, and I hope he's learned this, that same tenacity off the field can get you into plenty of hot water.

He was too proud to admit his arm was hurting him last year, and he was too proud to admit that his arm wasn't back when the season started. (Substitute the word "stupid" for "proud" if you'd like. I have no objection to that.) Here's hoping his time in Charlotte no only helped him get his velocity and arm strength back. Let's hope he learned something about what does and what doesn't help a club.

TheBigHurt
08-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

thats true!!