PDA

View Full Version : Big Frank: Change coming "real soon"

doublem23
06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/sox-drawer/frank-thomas-expects-changes-real-soon

Mr. Jinx
06-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Much like anything the front office or the TV/radio announcers say, take it with a grain of salt.

DSpivack
06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
When a guy as close to the organization like Thomas says it, you know it's probably true.

Soxman219
06-21-2013, 02:26 AM
The Sox will lower ticket prices even further?

Madvora
06-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Well, anyone who has watched a baseball season before can tell you this. Last place teams sell players and first place teams buy players.

Irishsox1
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Someone on the coaching staff is going to get canned.

Stanley
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
If that is true, I would be absolutely shocked if it were not Manto or Parent. Everyone else is a Sox darling, having either played for the team or been here for years and is seemingly untouchable.

I also don't see such a firing doing anything at all to make this club play like a contender. One coach is not responsible for this, and that's been articulated here many times.

One change I'd like to see come "real soon" would be Beckham's stance. Oh my, what a hot mess! Did he study old tape of a slumping Rios and come up with that? Queue the Gordon apologists who point out that he's batting .300 and just coming back from an injury. "Give him some time". :gulp:

MISoxfan
06-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Give him some time for what?

infohawk
06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
For those of you on Twitter, I've created the hashtag #rickhahndosomething. I thought it might be a good place for White Sox fans to tweet their recommendations for the team. Let's see if we can get it to take off!

gosox41
06-22-2013, 12:59 AM
http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/sox-drawer/frank-thomas-expects-changes-real-soon

Bless you Frank. Now let's see if Hahn has the testicular fortitude to do something to shake things up other then sending down D. Heath.

Bob

amsteel
06-22-2013, 11:25 AM
If Thomas actually knew something he'd be burning bridges with the team in a major way by telling the media. He's speculating just like us.

fungo bat
06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Hahn won't go to the bathroom without first getting a permission slip from Williams. So far he's talked the talk, but all I've seem him do so far is pick up a few utility infielders during the off-season. Time to take some action, because this team is going nowhere.

RKMeibalane
06-22-2013, 01:04 PM
If Thomas actually knew something he'd be burning bridges with the team in a major way by telling the media. He's speculating just like us.

That's how I interpreted the clip. He was asked how things like this turn out when a team doesn't play well. What's he supposed to say?

:hurt

"Well, I really don't know despite playing the game for nineteen years. I never paid attention to which coaches got fired and which ones kept their jobs."

DSpivack
06-22-2013, 01:44 PM
That's how I interpreted the clip. He was asked how things like this turn out when a team doesn't play well. What's he supposed to say?

:hurt

"Well, I really don't know despite playing the game for nineteen years. I never paid attention to which coaches got fired and which ones kept their jobs."

Did Thomas specifically say anything about coaches? I assumed it to mean player deals were on the horizon. This doesn't strike me as a team that would perform better with a coaching change. The players just stink.

Stanley
06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Frank seems to be suggesting that coaches are "being tuned out" and that personnel changes are coming.

SI1020
06-22-2013, 01:57 PM
If Thomas actually knew something he'd be burning bridges with the team in a major way by telling the media. He's speculating just like us. I refrained on commenting until now mainly because that is exactly what I thought after reading the link. Big Frank essentially said nothing much at all.

RKMeibalane
06-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Did Thomas specifically say anything about coaches? I assumed it to mean player deals were on the horizon. This doesn't strike me as a team that would perform better with a coaching change. The players just stink.

His comments in the video itself were vague. He hinted that both player and coaching changes might be on the horizon, but didn't name anyone in particular other than referring to speculation that involved Greg Walker when he was hitting coach.