PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-20 Shove the broom where the sun don't shine; MIN 8 SOX 4 Postgamer

thomas35forever
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Now we get KC next? Good Lord.

Frater Perdurabo
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Well, that sucked

SoxSpeed22
06-20-2013, 03:23 PM
http://isource.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/12065599341039320543nicubunu_Waving_white_flag.svg _.med_.png
More bad fielding and more ****.

Crestani
06-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Well, that sucked

Don't they all..??:angry:

KingXerxes
06-20-2013, 03:24 PM
The only highlight of this game was Farmio going ballistic when Lindstrom threw Morneau a fastball to start his at bat in the 6th (two run single).

If Farmer actually announced the entirety of the game with this sort of unbridled honesty - I would listen to him. Instead all we usually get are forced observations and descriptions of uniforms down to the color of the stitching on the inseam of the visitor's pants.

:farmer

"You would have to be an imbecile not to be looking for a fastball there, and what do we throw him?"

Crestani
06-20-2013, 03:26 PM
By the way, Johnny just gave up 4 more home runs, who besides me thinks he may never make it back..??

Frater Perdurabo
06-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Two positives to all this losing.

First, our announcers are starting to show a bit more honesty.

Second, our management will be forced to realize major changes are needed.

shingo10
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
The only highlight of this game was Farmio going ballistic when Lindstrom threw Morneau a fastball to start his at bat in the 6th (two run single).

If Farmer actually announced the entirety of the game with this sort of unbridled honesty - I would listen to him. Instead all we usually get are forced observations and descriptions of uniforms down to the color of the stitching on the inseam of the visitor's pants.

I recommend you check out the article in the Sun Times about Hawk. He kinda touches on how its difficult for announcers to be as honest as they want when the team is this bad. He also says that he feels bad for some players but not all of them. Makes me think the clubhouse is probably pretty poor but that could also be attributed to the fact that we are so lousy.

I hope Hahn gets maximum value for Crain. That's about the only positive thing I can muster from this road trip and season.

doublem23
06-20-2013, 03:36 PM
By the way, Johnny just gave up 4 more home runs, who besides me thinks he may never make it back..??

Well up to this point he peripherals had been as good, some better, than Sale so...

Foulke You
06-20-2013, 03:39 PM
http://content8.flixster.com/question/55/01/24/5501246_std.jpg

"Bring Out Your Dead!"

Irishsox1
06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
At this point, expect a coach or coaches to be fired. This is a total train wreck.

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2013, 03:51 PM

Coming back from shoulder surgery is tough, give him another year to build up his strength and we should know better.

16th&State
06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Welp, we ****ing suck. Period. Where do we go from here?? That is the only real question I have... :angry: :scratch: :gah: :cuss: :waiting: :geezer: :dunno: :bs: :kukoo: :puking: :whatever: :anon:

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2013, 04:02 PM
http://isource.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/12065599341039320543nicubunu_Waving_white_flag.svg _.med_.png
More bad fielding and more ****.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm more depressed or just damn mad about this team.
The surrender flag is fitting because I think this team has already given up.
I putting the blame right at the top, JR your time is up. A fish rots from the head. Except for 2005, your regime has been a dismal failure.

Soxman219
06-20-2013, 04:07 PM
:shrug:

Soxman219
06-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Remember at the beginning of the season when the Sox were 4-2 to start the season? I'm just going to think about that from now on when Sox talk occurs.

Noneck
06-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I putting the blame right at the top, JR your time is up.

Nell you been around longer than me, you know it doesnt work like that. As long as pockets keep being filled, the only way hes leaving is in a meat wagon.

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Nell you been around longer than me, you know it doesnt work like that. As long as pockets keep being filled, the only way hes leaving is in a meat wagon.

I can wish, can't I
Just looked at franchise indexes since JR took over in 81, when it comes to big market teams we are dead last in post season appearances, there are quite a few small market teams that have been to the playoffs more than us. We are a joke compared to the Yankees, Red Sox, Cards and Braves.

amsteel
06-20-2013, 04:25 PM
No one thought they were gonna compete for the division, so hopefully no one is shocked and hopefully a dog **** season will bring about the kind of change you don't get after a 2nd or 3rd place season.

KingXerxes
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I recommend you check out the article in the Sun Times about Hawk. He kinda touches on how its difficult for announcers to be as honest as they want when the team is this bad. He also says that he feels bad for some players but not all of them. Makes me think the clubhouse is probably pretty poor but that could also be attributed to the fact that we are so lousy.

There is an art to being honest without being critical, and Farmer showed glimpses of it today. In basically saying, "He was looking for a fastball and guess what he got - a fastball" I think Farmer did a nice job of giving the audience a sense of what runs through a major league pitcher's head during a game and also alluding to the fact that somewhere along the line the White Sox baseball system failed, but it was the manner in which he did it. It simply came out of his mouth - It was spontaneous. It was an oasis of "realness" in a two decade long desert of forced conversation.

It's no secret I'm not in love with Harrelson, and I'm so jaded with the guy that every sentence I hear him utter strikes me as a completely rehersed and previously thought through comment. Hell I even view his emotional outbursts as faux emotion. I'll read the Sun-Times article later, but guarantee you in will not change my mind about him. He's a shill.

No announcer would ever be as "honest as they want" because they'd be fired almost immediately in today's world (see: Piersall), but there is plenty of room to be honest without being a hatchet man (see: Stone).

Let's just hope Farmer keeps this going.

Chez
06-20-2013, 04:45 PM
What worries me most is that when the time comes to unload (and it's coming faster than most expected), I have little faith in Hahn & Company getting value for the assets we have. Sox recent track record with acquiring prospects is dismal.

KingXerxes
06-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Sun-Times Headline - "Hawk Harrelson says White Sox’ season has been ‘hell on me’"

Some books can be judged by their cover, and some stories can be judged by their headline. I frankly don't care how "tough" everything is on Ken Harrelson, because - in the balance - it's not all that "tough" on him.

The guy gets paid a decent buck to announce White Sox games (unfortunately), and he's saying he "can't be as honest as he wants"? OK then folks, if Mr. Muzzled Truth Teller is so very torn up about not being able to verbalize that which he is thinking, why did he - on four separate occasions during yesterday's game - call the three singles in a row off of Sale "the softest singles you're ever going to see."? I watched the game too Harrelson, and they didn't appear particularly soft to me.

Nope - obviously Ken is so forced to keep the truth quiet he needs to speak in tangential manners to make excuse for the fact that Sale did not have a good outing.

Here's an idea Ken - just say, "This is not a good outing by Chris Sale."

Tragg
06-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Danks is setting records in abject arson.
Put him in the pen when Peavy comes back, please. Santiago is better, as many of us have suggested.

The good news in unloading is that there aren't that many teams looking to unload (maybe 7,although there are probably 5 others willing to listen) and Peavy will easily be the best pitcher unloaded (unless the Phils decide to trade Lee). We cannot blow this.
Don't be afraid to take AA and A high ceiling players, over flawed and stunted AAA players (that we've taken recently). And we have to be willing to pick up salary.
I just wish we had more to trade.

captain54
06-20-2013, 05:09 PM
and hopefully a dog **** season will bring about the kind of change you don't get after a 2nd or 3rd place season.

You are so right. I agree 100%.... when are competing with the Astros for last in the AL, there is no where to run, no where to hide for those who have a hand in putting the Sox in this predicament.

It will be interesting to see what the Sox do about the manager position.. they very well may feel like the talent is there on the current roster.. in the form of DeAza, Viciedo, Ramirez, Flowers, Gillespie and Keppinger... with Sale, Santiago, and Alxerod, Reed on the pitching side.

BainesHOF
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I heard Farmer and then Rongey talk a lot about how Danks was missing his spots, as if he starts hitting his spots then everything will be okay. Part of being an effective pitcher is having good enough stuff to get away with missing your spots. Danks does not have Major League stuff right now. He's going to get hit hard in most of his outings. Why put him in the bullpen when he's going to suck there, too? Send him to the minors and bring him back up if/when he improves. Right now he's Jim Parque.

Williams does not deserve to hold any job in the organization after giving Danks $50 million.

palehosepub
06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
What sucks too is that there is over half a season left and nothing to look forward too. There is absolutely no way this team is coming back and having a respectable season.

I have season tickets and most Sox fans are just not going to the park when the team is this bad. Baseball is over at this point.

tstrike2000
06-20-2013, 05:23 PM
I got to see this garbage in person. At least they hit a couple of bombs, Crain got a team record aside from Danks having nothing.

doublem23
06-20-2013, 05:38 PM
We are a joke compared to the Yankees, Red Sox, Cards and Braves.

Uh, as are the other 26 teams. :shrug:

Brewski
06-20-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I'm more depressed or just damn mad about this team.
I putting the blame right at the top, JR your time is up. A fish rots from the head. Except for 2005, your regime has been a dismal failure.

If you follow the business news, the Men's Wearhouse corporate Board of Directors fired founder and TV spokesman George Zimmer on Tuesday, so nobody stays on top forever. If any of the Sox partners are reading this, take it as a hint.

doublem23
06-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Danks is setting records in abject arson.
Put him in the pen when Peavy comes back, please. Santiago is better, as many of us have suggested.

What point would that really serve? Danks is a better pitcher than Santiago who is still recovering from shoulder surgery, he's not going to rebuild his arm coming in throwing bullpen sessions. It should be painfully clear to everyone that the Sox need not worry about results in 2013 any more.

FWIW, if he qualified with innings, coming into this start Danks would be top 5 in the AL in WHIP and #1 in K/BB. So he's not exactly getting shelled out there.

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Uh, as are the other 26 teams. :shrug:

But most of them aren't big market teams like we are supposed to be.

Golden Sox
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
The only thing left this 2013 season is seeing what/if anything Hahn does with the team. Who he trades, who he acquires, what coach or coaches get fired. Maybe even a new manager. Needless to say I just wish he would do something/anything. The sooner the better. I just can't see him blowing up this team entirely. I'm sure JR doesn't want the White Sox becoming the Miami Marlins. I would think they will try to add to this team through trades and some free agent signings in the off season.

SCCWS
06-20-2013, 06:36 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Sox do about the manager position.. they very well may feel like the talent is there on the current roster.. in the form of DeAza, Viciedo, Ramirez, Flowers, Gillespie and Keppinger... .

I think that talent would result in an average AAA team.

mahagga73
06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
I heard Farmer and then Rongey talk a lot about how Danks was missing his spots, as if he starts hitting his spots then everything will be okay. Part of being an effective pitcher is having good enough stuff to get away with missing your spots. Danks does not have Major League stuff right now. He's going to get hit hard in most of his outings. Why put him in the bullpen when he's going to suck there, too? Send him to the minors and bring him back up if/when he improves. Right now he's Jim Parque.

Williams does not deserve to hold any job in the organization after giving Danks $50 million.

It's going to be awhile before Danks returns to form, just like Peavy . Still that contract was madness , he never showed himself to be anything but a solid 4 on a good team. I agree it's laughable KW is still around . Seems like the shelf life of a WS win is about 8 years , lots of people finally realizing the damage done by KW the last 5 years or so.

Brian26
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM

Come on, that is silly.

ChiSoxGal85
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
What sucks too is that there is over half a season left and nothing to look forward too. There is absolutely no way this team is coming back and having a respectable season.

I have season tickets and most Sox fans are just not going to the park when the team is this bad. Baseball is over at this point.

So true, and so freakin' sad. :whiner: All I can hope for is a couple of ridiculuous winning streaks that would at least make the Sox fun to watch for a while.

BainesHOF
06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
What's odd about this team is nobody has popped off during a historic implosion. I'm not saying people don't care, but I just find it weird that nobody's emotions have bubbled over out of frustration. You see it all the time in similar situations, but not with this team. It's like the veterans are content with their fat contracts and they probably don't care much about the future because they won't be a part of it. And the young players are just sort of following their lead.

vinny
06-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry I missed the Farmio comment. He's been sick lately, maybe whatever medicine he's taking has loosened his tongue. Or maybe he's just been worn down.

JB98
06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Coming back from shoulder surgery is tough, give him another year to build up his strength and we should know better.

Yes, agree.

Most pitchers struggle their first year back from surgery. The second year back tells the tale.

doublem23
06-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Come on, that is silly.

We're just going to have to deal with people throwing themselves a pity party for most of the summer.

Really, it's almost as unbearable as the product on the field.

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2013, 09:19 PM
We're just going to have to deal with people throwing themselves a pity party for most of the summer.

Really, it's almost as unbearable as the product on the field.

I don't understand, are we suppose to be doing cartwheels over the plight of this team. I'm a diehard and this season so far is killing me and it sounds like Frank Thomas feels the same way.

Tragg
06-20-2013, 09:21 PM
What's odd about this team is nobody has popped off during a historic implosion. I'm not saying people don't care, but I just find it weird that nobody's emotions have bubbled over out of frustration. You see it all the time in similar situations, but not with this team. It's like the veterans are content with their fat contracts and they probably don't care much about the future because they won't be a part of it. And the young players are just sort of following their lead.

To do that legitimately, you have to be having a good year and be somewhat of a veteran. That's Crain and Rios.

I'm hoping and praying that Peavy pitches well immediately off the shelf- he's our hope to rebuild.

captain54
06-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Which of other 29 MLB teams wishes they were the Sox, now? Maybe the fans should focus on that to bring them out of their funk..

Mr. Jinx
06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
On the plus side, I've never paid any attention to the MLB draft. At this rate we should have a top 5 pick which should be exciting.

Brian26
06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
I don't understand, are we suppose to be doing cartwheels over the plight of this team. I'm a diehard and this season so far is killing me and it sounds like Frank Thomas feels the same way.

I don't disagree about this season, but saying 31 of the last 32 seasons have been an utter failure is a bit dramatic.

Crestani
06-20-2013, 10:14 PM

Not to mention Dunn and his $56 million..!! This club with Flowers calling pitches and he can't even block a ball in the dirt, Alexi who has got some kind of problem this year, (maybe personal) and everyone not knowing how many outs there are when they are on the bases, says a lot about disfunction IN THE ORGANIZATION and I blame Williams...!!! :scratch:

Crestani
06-20-2013, 10:18 PM
:fail:So true, and so freakin' sad. :whiner: All I can hope for is a couple of ridiculuous winning streaks that would at least make the Sox fun to watch for a while.

Along with snow in Hawaii and rain in the Sahara and a cure for cancer...!!!:gah::gah:

DSpivack
06-20-2013, 10:21 PM
:fail:[/U][/B]

Along with snow in Hawaii and rain in the Sahara and a cure for cancer...!!!:gah::gah:

Snow isn't uncommon atop Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain on earth.:tongue:

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Snow isn't uncommon atop Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain on earth.:tongue:

Isn't the tallest mountain on earth Mt. Everest?

DSpivack
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Isn't the tallest mountain on earth Mt. Everest?

No, it's the highest, meaning it's elevation is higher about sea level than any other mountain. Tallest is measuring base-to-peak distance. With Mauna Kea, though, 2/3 of it's base is underwater. The tallest mountain on Earth measuring base-to-peak above sea level is Denali/Mt. McKinley.

doublem23
06-21-2013, 05:56 AM
No, it's the highest, meaning it's elevation is higher about sea level than any other mountain. Tallest is measuring base-to-peak distance. With Mauna Kea, though, 2/3 of it's base is underwater. The tallest mountain on Earth measuring base-to-peak above sea level is Denali/Mt. McKinley.

I can't believe you didn't mention Chimborazo here, the volcano in Peru, whose peak is the farthest point on the Earth's surface from it's center.

LITTLE NELL
06-21-2013, 06:54 AM
I don't disagree about this season, but saying 31 of the last 32 seasons have been an utter failure is a bit dramatic.

You didn't read what I said, compared to other big market teams we have been a failure, even the Cubs have been to the post-season more than we have. Taking away 2005 since 1981 the post season record is 4-13.
Beyond that JRs regime has been a failure in the respect that the team has lost so many fans. We have gone over this many times but they have alienated a large portion of the fan base since they took over. In the 50s and most of the 60s Chicago was a Sox town, since the late 60s to 1984 attendance was about equal. The Sportsvision experiment along with letting Harry go to the Cubs started the alienation. It didn't help when on the night we won the division in 1983 one of the first things out of JR and EEs mouths was that Harry was scum. Now comes the talk that Comiskey is falling down and we have to move to Addison, if we don't get a new stadium we move to Florida, how many fans did we lose on that one. Late 80s come around and the Cubs are now #1, the new stadium is built and we outdraw the Cubs for a couple of years. The problem is that the new Stadium was a disaster as many fans did not want any part of the upper deck. 1997 comes along and we have the White Flag trade. After 1993 the Cubs have outdrawn us every year even when we won a WS and the the following year of 2006. They alienate more fans by playing class warfare with fans sitting in the upper deck, they are not allowed anywhere in the park but the UD, all of this because a couple of fans got drunk one night and attacked a KC coach. Next up is the crazy price plans and parking fees which White Sox fans for the most part wanted no part of, at least JR and company finally figured out that that wasn't working.

I'm sure I left out a few things and there were some things we could not battle like Wrigley Field becoming a tourist trap and the Cubs becoming media darlings but all the rest adds up to 32 years of bonehead moves and failure.

Crestani
06-21-2013, 12:43 PM

There to busy "tipping their hats"...!!!

Noneck
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
You didn't read what I said, compared to other big market teams we have been a failure, even the Cubs have been to the post-season more than we have. Taking away 2005 since 1981 the post season record is 4-13.
Beyond that JRs regime has been a failure in the respect that the team has lost so many fans. We have gone over this many times but they have alienated a large portion of the fan base since they took over. In the 50s and most of the 60s Chicago was a Sox town, since the late 60s to 1984 attendance was about equal. The Sportsvision experiment along with letting Harry go to the Cubs started the alienation. It didn't help when on the night we won the division in 1983 one of the first things out of JR and EEs mouths was that Harry was scum. Now comes the talk that Comiskey is falling down and we have to move to Addison, if we don't get a new stadium we move to Florida, how many fans did we lose on that one. Late 80s come around and the Cubs are now #1, the new stadium is built and we outdraw the Cubs for a couple of years. The problem is that the new Stadium was a disaster as many fans did not want any part of the upper deck. 1997 comes along and we have the White Flag trade. After 1993 the Cubs have outdrawn us every year even when we won a WS and the the following year of 2006. They alienate more fans by playing class warfare with fans sitting in the upper deck, they are not allowed anywhere in the park but the UD, all of this because a couple of fans got drunk one night and attacked a KC coach. Next up is the crazy price plans and parking fees which White Sox fans for the most part wanted no part of, at least JR and company finally figured out that that wasn't working.

I'm sure I left out a few things and there were some things we could not battle like Wrigley Field becoming a tourist trap and the Cubs becoming media darlings but all the rest adds up to 32 years of bonehead moves and failure.

And throughout all this, the franchise has increased in value tremendously and the ownership has probably made money every year since the first couple years. As I keep telling you, nothing will change until reinsdorf is dirt. It is what it is.

captain54
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
And throughout all this, the franchise has increased in value tremendously

The value of a franchise is based on a lot of factors.. Their stadium deal, net revenue vs debt, etc... The increased value each year speaks more to how Reinsdorf and Co run the business relative to the other MLB franchises, or other sports franchises, to take it further... It speaks very little to the product on the field, unless fans stayed away in droves, and drew less than 15K every game.