PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-18 Minnesota Nice? Not So Much MIN 7 SOX 5 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
06-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Thought we'd pull this one out.

GlassSox
06-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Watching this team is like watching a Nascar race, just waiting for the next wreck :angry:

soxfanreggie
06-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Thought we'd pull this one out.

I thought we had a shot. I was excited to be able to get up to more games this summer, but it's feeling like I'll have some disappointing rides home if we continue to play this caliber of ball.

Tragg
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Once again, the Sox pitcher goes 110+ pitches, while the opposition guy, who pitches the same number of innings and gives up the same number of hits, pitches 20+% fewer pitches.
The Sox simply refuse to work counts. This dubious approach to hitting has got to be organizational.

And if Ventura keeps doing this to young pitchers, he needs to go.

ChiSoxGal85
06-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Right now when watching the Sox, the only thing I find remotely interesting is to try to guess which particular facet of their game will contribute to the loss. Will it be the lack of hitting? Baserunning mistakes? Errors? Bullpen implosion? Inquiring minds want to know. :angry:

Golden Sox
06-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Its coming to the point where I wish the season was over. I haven't felt this sense of hopelessness since the 2007 season. The only thing keeping me going is I'm wondering what Hahn is going to do to make this team better. I just wish he would do something/anything.

KingXerxes
06-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I've never seen a major leaguer swing later on a pitch than Beckham when he struck out in the 9th. The ball was in the catcher's mitt when he started the swing.

BainesHOF
06-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Right now when watching the Sox, the only thing I find remotely interesting is to try to guess which particular facet of their game will contribute to the loss. Will it be the lack of hitting? Baserunning mistakes? Errors? Bullpen implosion? Inquiring minds want to know. :angry:

Instead of playing Pick to Click, Hawk, Stone and the crew should guess which player will have the worst game. It would certainly be more apt. Call it Vote the Goat.

captain54
06-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I am officially in a state of mourning for the White Sox this season.. the problems in the organization, problems with the team on the field .. are becoming overwhelming.. losses are the norm, collapses in some area of the game each day are the norm.. It's almost a shock when something positive happens, when they tied it 5-5 after being down 4-0.

It's hard to fathom the organization sinking so low... I'd be curious to know if anyone thinks that Ventura, while not entirely to blame for all of this, is experienced enough to be able to right this mess...

Brian26
06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Anyone catch Viciedo try to run off the field while there were still two outs after he caught the flyout earlier in the game? Hawk and Stone saw it. Stone started to say something but stopped.

shingo10
06-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Once again, the Sox pitcher goes 110+ pitches, while the opposition guy, who pitches the same number of innings and gives up the same number of hits, pitches 20+% fewer pitches.
The Sox simply refuse to work counts. This dubious approach to hitting has got to be organizational.

If the pitchers can't handle that workload then they don't belong on the roster. Or they need to be more efficient. But its damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Robin pulls them earlier then he's taxing the bullpen.

Boondock Saint
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM

This isn't new. They're up there hacking.

Boondock Saint
06-19-2013, 12:34 AM
If the pitchers can't handle that workload then they don't belong on the roster. Or they need to be more efficient. But its damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Robin pulls them earlier then he's taxing the bullpen.

He's talking about our hitters, and how they don't ever make pitchers work. Our starters get taxed by opposing hitters, while the guys pitching against us get quick inning after quick inning.

StillMissOzzie
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Another winning streak snuffed out at one.

SMO
:mad:

Edit: Yes, I did see Tank trotting toward the dugout when he caught out #2.
And yes, it did look to me too that Bacon was WAAAAY late on that swinging strike 3 in the 9th.

JB98
06-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Troncoso sucks. He deserves to be released. They have to keep him around, though, because somebody has to pitch out of the bullpen once Crain and Thornton are traded to contenders next month.

shingo10
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM
He's talking about our hitters, and how they don't ever make pitchers work. Our starters get taxed by opposing hitters, while the guys pitching against us get quick inning after quick inning.

Oops. Didn't catch that. Makes sense.

And on another note 2 more horrendous baserunning plays. In the same innings. They were talking about how Gardy fines his players every time they make a mental mistake, don't hustle, ect. Robin should start doing the same. Should have been doing it back on April 1st.

Dan H
06-19-2013, 01:04 AM

Didn't see tonight's game, but I have noticed this all season. The Sox go up and down in a fast manner. It is another symptom of this bad offense. At least they have scored 13 runs in the last three games. That is a lot for the White Sox.

Tragg
06-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Troncoso sucks. He deserves to be released. They have to keep him around, though, because somebody has to pitch out of the bullpen once Crain and Thornton are traded to contenders next month.

Why is he even on this team? He's got a career WHIP of 1.5 and he's 30. The DeWayne Wise of pitchers.
Why do the Sox love these lousy veterans so much? This guy, sign Wise about 3 times. Neither has ever been as much as an average player. It's beyond belief.

captain54
06-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Troncoso had an ERA of almost 7.00 with the Dodgers and Albuquerque in 2012. Don Pall still around?

RCWHITESOX
06-19-2013, 03:06 AM
And Hahn is playing his poker hand awaiting offers. He might not want to wait to long as other teams will become sellers soon. I hope they hang on to Sale, Peavy, Santiago, Reed, and Jones; as pitching is very hard to come by. I hope they can move Viciedo and Ramirez; because either there making bone headed errors or swinging for the fences with very poor results. I am hoping they can land a CF and Catcher and some decent prospects. I'm sure alot of teams will be interested in Crain,Thornton, Konerko, and Rios. I can only hope some team is desperate enough to want Dunn, Flowers, or Axelrod. This is going to be a long year for Sox fans everywhere. I just can't believe this is a MLB team with all the mental errors this team makes day after day. I like Ventura but he just might be too laid back to be a successful Manager. This team needs a boot in the ass and some new aggressive players brought into the organization.

Noneck
06-19-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm sure alot of teams will be interested in Crain,Thornton, Konerko, and Rios. I can only hope some team is desperate enough to want Dunn, Flowers, or Axelrod.

Your tongue was in your cheek when you put Konerko in that group, right?

October26
06-19-2013, 07:59 AM

+1

I was in the gamethread for awhile the last two nights and could not even come up with words to post to describe what I was watching.

De Aza overrunning third was annoying to me along with bad pitching, awful situational hitting, poor defense, and then came Troncoso. UGH. How does an entire team forget how to play good fundamental baseball?

C'mon Sox have some pride, dammit! :mad:

SCCWS
06-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Your tongue was in your cheek when you put Konerko in that group, right?

Tampa Bay is in trouble. I hope they make a run at Rios. But Tampa is pitching heavy in the minors, so the Sox may not see them as a good fit.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Tampa Bay is in trouble. I hope they make a run at Rios. But Tampa is pitching heavy in the minors, so the Sox may not see them as a good fit.

Three-team trade with Tampa and a third team with lots of position player prospects, but few pitching prospects?

Tragg
06-19-2013, 09:52 AM
I like Ventura but he just might be too laid back to be a successful Manager. This team needs a boot in the ass and some new aggressive players brought into the organization.
A team with all of these veterans should be able to do its job. Ventura's personality is okay by me. But when you intentionally walk Chris Getz it suggests a lack of basic knowledge. He hadn't been in a dugout in a decade.

doublem23
06-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Why is he even on this team? He's got a career WHIP of 1.5 and he's 30. The DeWayne Wise of pitchers.
Why do the Sox love these lousy veterans so much? This guy, sign Wise about 3 times. Neither has ever been as much as an average player. It's beyond belief.

Good grief, dude, every team has a lousy veteran or two on the roster to fill it out. The Yankees are giving steady playing time to Jayson Nix. Jayson Nix. Think about that.

LITTLE NELL
06-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Tampa Bay brought phenom Will Myers up to the team yesterday so I don't know if there is room for Rios in TB, they now have Joyce in left, Jennings in CF and Myers in right.

kittle42
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM

Troncoso, Heath, Omogrosso, Veal - what a team at AAA!

SI1020
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Troncoso, Heath, Omogrosso, Veal - what a team at AAA! A lousy one at that.

SI1020
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
I've never seen a major leaguer swing later on a pitch than Beckham when he struck out in the 9th. The ball was in the catcher's mitt when he started the swing. That's a bad sign. He's been doing well since he came back from his injury, but his problems have been a hitch in his swing, and doing what you described. I hope it was just one bad at bat.

Crestani
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM

I am so sick of Robin's after game remarks "Just tip your hat"....****just take your hat off Robin and leave it off..!!

Crestani
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Instead of playing Pick to Click, Hawk, Stone and the crew should guess which player will have the worst game. It would certainly be more apt. Call it Vote the Goat.

:rolling:

blandman
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM

I haven't laughed so hard all year. Thank you.

Foulke You
06-19-2013, 12:32 PM
That's a bad sign. He's been doing well since he came back from his injury, but his problems have been a hitch in his swing, and doing what you described. I hope it was just one bad at bat.
It was one bad at bat. Beckham has arguably been the team's best hitter since coming back and has been one of the few bright spots regularly hitting the ball to Right and Right Center with authority.

Foulke You
06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
I also can't figure out why they keep shuttling Deunte Heath back and forth from Charlotte and then never ever pitch him. It's probably because Robin knows he is bad (which he is) but someone in the organization likes Heath so he stays. At least Omogrosso showed that he could *occasionally* get MLB hitters out and served a purpose as a long man. Heath and Troncoso represent two garbage time relief pitchers only. I shudder to think what this bullpen is going to be like when Crain and Thornton are traded. Hopefully, Hahn can secure a young promising bullpen arm in one of the trades.

captain54
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Good grief, dude, every team has a lousy veteran or two on the roster to fill it out. The Yankees are giving steady playing time to Jayson Nix. Jayson Nix. Think about that.

The problem with your logic, dude, is you keep comparing the Sox to other big market teams who consistently make the playoffs practically every year.. The CWS are not in that category..

JB98
06-19-2013, 01:45 PM

He's on the team for just the reason I said. Somebody will have to pitch out of the bullpen once Crain and Thornton are dealt to contending teams.

No question he sucks. That cannot be disputed.

doublem23
06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
The problem with your logic, dude, is you keep comparing the Sox to other big market teams who consistently make the playoffs practically every year.. The CWS are not in that category..

OK then please find me a Major League team that does not have one crap ass veteran on it's roster.

I'll wait.

captain54
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
OK then please find me a Major League team that does not have one crap ass veteran on it's roster.

I'll wait.

the Love Fest continues!!! Rock ON!!

doublem23
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
the Love Fest continues!!! Rock ON!!

Still waiting.....

captain54
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Still waiting.....

You don't put a beat up reliever with absolutely no history of success at the MLB level into a tie game in the bottom of the 8th when you are in a postion of being double digits out of the lead and you have to fight and claw and scratch to get back in this thing...

Unless your middle relief and setup corp is thin..

So the argument as to whether all teams do or not have beat up veterans on the team is irrelevant.. Yes they all do...

Noneck
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Beckham has arguably been the team's best hitter since coming back and has been one of the few bright spots regularly hitting the ball to Right and Right Center with authority.

The sad thing is that beckham is the offensive centerpiece of the future Sox.

doublem23
06-19-2013, 03:03 PM
You don't put a beat up reliever with absolutely no history of success at the MLB level into a tie game in the bottom of the 8th when you are in a postion of being double digits out of the lead and you have to fight and claw and scratch to get back in this thing...

Unless your middle relief and setup corp is thin..

So the argument as to whether all teams do or not have beat up veterans on the team is irrelevant.. Yes they all do...

Holy lack of reading comprehension; I never once said Troncoso should have been in the game at that time, he's clearly a garbage time reliever, I was only taking issue with the post that seemed to insinuate the Sox, what with their Troncosos and Wises, are the only team in the league with bad veteran players on its roster.

You're argument is something completely different. And yes, I agree, a pitcher of his ****tiness doesn't belong in a tie game in the 8th inning.