PDA

View Full Version : Kershaw, Dodgers working on contract extension

doublem23
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Rumor is deal may be worth more than $300 million, which would be the #1 pitcher contract in baseball history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/clayton-kershaw-tells-dodgers-plug-leak-contract-talks-152050020.html

Clayton's not happy some details have leaked...

LoveYourSuit
06-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Is the gap between he and Sale that big, considering Sale pitches in the AL?

At last we can all say Kenny, Rick, and Co. go themselves one of the best bargains in baseball.

Tragg
06-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Don't do it, Dodgers.

RKMeibalane
06-17-2013, 08:19 PM
No one is worth that much money.

doublem23
06-17-2013, 08:33 PM

With Verlander not having as sharp a season as we're used to, Kershaw has established himself as the unquestioned best pitcher in baseball, so the gap is real. Also, I think there is less of a worry Clayton's elbow will explode at some point in the future. That and the Dodgers have so much ****ing money right now, it's unreal.

Huisj
06-17-2013, 09:01 PM

At last we can all say Kenny, Rick, and Co. go themselves one of the best bargains in baseball.

Let's see, they're a year apart in age. One had a season and a half as a setup guy, and a season and a half as a very good starter. The other is working on his 5th straight season of 30 starts and an ERA under 3, likely 4th straight 200 inning season, and has a Cy Young 21 win season in there plus a Cy Young runner up. Those resumes are not the same.

LoveYourSuit
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Let's see, they're a year apart in age. One had a season and a half as a setup guy, and a season and a half as a very good starter. The other is working on his 5th straight season of 30 starts and an ERA under 3, likely 4th straight 200 inning season, and has a Cy Young 21 win season in there plus a Cy Young runner up. Those resumes are not the same.

How is that Sale's fault? How is it his fault he also decided to go to college?

I would like to give Chris another 2-3 seasons to perhaps get close to those NL numbers Clayton has put up in one of the most pitcher friendly parks in baseball.

Clayton is great, no doubt. But I think Sale is very close to greatness himself.

So to my point:

Sale at $60 million for the future
or
Clayton at $300 million

DSpivack
06-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't do it, Dodgers.

No one is worth that much money.

I agree. Huge contracts like these usually do not work out.

WLL1855
06-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Kershaw is a stud but what is it with LA teams and completely idiotic contracts (assuming this rumor is true)? Is it something in the water?

"I just drank a big glass of 'stupid'. Let's go talk to Kershaw about a contract extension again."

DSpivack
06-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Kershaw is a stud but what is it with LA teams and completely idiotic contracts (assuming this rumor is true)? Is it something in the water?

"I just drank a big glass of 'stupid'. Let's go talk to Kershaw about a contract extension again."

Suddenly coming into lots of money and then blowing it all stupidly is not an uncommon story.