PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-15 Time to abort this mission; HOU 4 SOX 3 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Just not good enough...

Boondock Saint
06-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Just got beat by the Astros. Again.

Don't really have to say much more than that, do you?

johnny bench
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Jordan Danks shouldn't feel so bad. If he hadn't ****ed up and wasted the last chance to stay in the game, someone else would have.

WhiteSox5187
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Tonight a bad baseball team got beat by a horrible baseball team. We are a bad baseball team in danger of becoming horrible.

LITTLE NELL
06-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Just got beat by the Astros. Again.

Don't really have to say much more than that, do you?

The only thing to say is the 2013 White Sox stink.

insp
06-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Tonight a bad baseball team got beat by a horrible baseball team. We are a bad baseball team in danger of becoming horrible.

You just love being miserable, don't you?

BainesHOF
06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Jordan Danks should be sent back down immediately.

But he won't. Nobody is ever held accountable in this organization. In fact, Danks will probably be in Sunday's starting lineup.

Not even the Black Sox lost games like this.

shingo10
06-15-2013, 09:07 PM
As much as I try to not be let down by this team, I can't help but be let down by this team.

I shouldn't care but that game made me even angrier than Tuesday's fiasco.

At least the next month or so should be interesting with trades and such.

cv sox fan
06-15-2013, 09:09 PM
the 2013 chicago whitesox inventing new ways to lose these guys are pathetic

Dan H
06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Jordan Danks shouldn't feel so bad. If he hadn't ****ed up and wasted the last chance to stay in the game, someone else would have.

Yes, he should feel so bad even with the team having little chance to win. With two outs there is no need to get out to such a big lead. You are running with the crack of the bat. He has shown nothing. He, along with almost the rest of the team, should go down and stay down.

Aesero
06-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I guess its a good thing we aren't facing Humber. He could probably put up another perfect game against this lineup.

blandman
06-15-2013, 09:16 PM

No, tonight the second worst team in the AL beat the worst team in the AL. We've got a slightly better record, but we're losing head to head and we've had a much easier schedule. They're better than us. The argument was already there, this pretty much cements it.

blandman
06-15-2013, 09:19 PM

I'm so sick of this attitude where if anyone calls out reality, they're somehow self-deprecating or a pathetic person. Can we please call a moratorium on this? It doesn't add to the discussion, and really it's a personal attack. This isn't saying anything about the argument, only the poster.

Bobby Thigpen
06-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm so sick of this attitude where if anyone calls out reality, they're somehow self-deprecating or a pathetic person. Can we please call a moratorium on this? It doesn't add to the discussion, and really it's a personal attack. This isn't saying anything about the argument, only the poster.
Is everything with you a personal attack?

What discussion? The Sox suck. What is there to discuss? They suck. Their backups suck. Their backups' backups suck. There's your discussion.

ChiSoxGal85
06-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I thought I couldn't get any more embarrassed when the Sox got swept (mostly) by the Cubs, but I think I'm going to be wrong.

BainesHOF
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM

What discussion? The Sox suck. What is there to discuss? They suck. Their backups suck. Their backups' backups suck. There's your discussion.

You forgot management.

LITTLE NELL
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM

How can anybody if you care about the Sox not be miserable watching these guys.

Tragg
06-15-2013, 09:29 PM
No, tonight the second worst team in the AL beat the worst team in the AL. We've got a slightly better record, but we're losing head to head and we've had a much easier schedule. They're better than us. The argument was already there, this pretty much cements it.

That's probably true. And they're playing and developing a bunch of young players, with more in the minors. They're well ahead of us.
Our only salvation is our pitching, but we'll probably break that up - may have to.

blandman
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Just because you can't argue with someone doesn't mean you should call them happy being a miserable person.

It wasn't even me, but that **** happens to me all the time.

DumpJerry
06-15-2013, 09:31 PM

Attack the post, not the poster.

Leave the moderating to the Mods.

Let's stop venting our frustrations on each other right now or this thread is getting locked and ****housed. Vent on the team, not the fans.

Thank you.

Brian26
06-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Jordan Danks should be sent back down immediately.

But he won't. Nobody is ever held accountable in this organization. In fact, Danks will probably be in Sunday's starting lineup.

Not even the Black Sox lost games like this.

Didn't watch the entire game, but saw...

Lucas Harrell, former Sox, shutting down the current Sox.

Chris Carter, former Sox, going deep off Danks.

Harrell apparently has been terrible at home this season. Mitch Williams said Danks has no fastball and cannot find his release point to locate his pitches. The idea that Harrell outdueled Danks is annoying, as is the contract Danks was given to "replace" Buehrle.

blandman
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Didn't watch the entire game, but saw...

Lucas Harrell, former Sox, shutting down the current Sox.

Chris Carter, former Sox, going deep off Danks.

Harrell apparently has been terrible at home this season. Mitch Williams said Danks has no fastball and cannot find his release point to locate his pitches. The idea that Harrell outdueled Danks is annoying, as is the contract Danks was given to "replace" Buehrle.

I don't blame the Sox for giving Danks that contract, but they were pretty blatantly non-descript about the injury. It's not an injury anyone has every effectively come back from. The most successful "comeback" from it was Rich Harden, who never had the surgery others did and simply spent his career on and off the DL between stints of effectiveness.

cards press box
06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Bill James once said that a test of any ballclub is how this: how much can they accomplish in a bad season? The Sox will have some opportunities with possible deadline deals and player development in general. The Sox had a good draft -- they went for players with a lot of upside. And they made a decent acquisition in Conor Gillaspie. There is no doubt, however, that the Sox have a lot of work to do to rebuild this offense. That rebuilding should start immediately.

Brian26
06-15-2013, 09:43 PM
I hate to say this about any Sox players, but neither of the Danks boys seem very bright on the field. How many stupid mistakes have we seen from Jordan in the past year, going back to that Quintana game at the Dodgers last year? Couple that with Alexei's BS and this is just a tough team to like.

slavko
06-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Fun bad. Got outpitched, outmanaged, outcoached, outplayed by a bad team. The final out was the perfect touch. Scripted by a master writer. We'll all look back at this season in 10 years and have a load of laughs. I hope we're all still around.

Brian26
06-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Juan Uribe and Jose Valentin, as points of reference, could frustrate the hell out of you, but they were both smart players, and it was fun to watch them. Watching DeAza and Alexei is like getting teeth pulled.

Dan H
06-15-2013, 09:48 PM
I hate to say this about any Sox players, but neither of the Danks boys seem very bright on the field. How many stupid mistakes have we seen from Jordan in the past year, going back to that Quintana game at the Dodgers last year? Couple that with Alexei's BS and this is just a tough team to like.

Then Jordon had the nerve to argue when the play wasn't that close. You're right. This team is tough to like. It is the most unlikable White Sox team to take the field in a long time. Even the 106-loss 1970 team was more likable than this.

RadioheadRocks
06-15-2013, 09:50 PM

The truth hurts, and I applaud 5187 for not sugar-coating it.

Golden Sox
06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
This is obviously becoming a lost season. You would think that Hahn would do something to shake this team up. They simply can't hit. Some decent pitching has been going down the drain because this team can't score any runs. I just wish that something was done. The sooner the better.

tebman
06-15-2013, 10:03 PM
There's no PTC winner yet, which isn't a surprise because there's not much to click about. But there's a Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4423) anyway.

Somebody's got to do it. :anon:

Lip Man 1
06-15-2013, 10:21 PM
This and that:

Nell...don't worry about it, you called it correctly...this is a putrid team going nowhere fast with an organization still stuck in neutral.

Brian / Dan...don't worry, Robin and his staff are "working on things" like stupid base running, mental mistakes and an inability to execute fundamentals. LOL.

Brian...like I said last night the past few years the majority of Sox players are simply baseball stupid. They can drill from now until doomsday and they'll continue to make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over.

---------------------------------------

In short again like I said last night, this organization holds no one accountable, from players to the front office. Loyalty means more than winning games.

It sucks but that's what the situation is and it's not going to radically change until new ownership walks in the door.

Lip

nsolo
06-15-2013, 10:27 PM

I doubt that anyone here love's being miserable. The original poster was stating an unfortunate reality.

Call me miserable, too, but we are a horrible team.

DrCrawdad
06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Fun bad. Got outpitched, outmanaged, outcoached, outplayed by a bad team. The final out was the perfect touch. Scripted by a master writer. We'll all look back at this season in 10 years and have a load of laughs. I hope we're all still around.

Fun bad to me is losing a slugging match, bad pitching by the Sox but they at least hit a slew of HR's. This years Sox team to me isn't fun bad at all. They're awful, painful to watch.

Boondock Saint
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Fun bad to me is losing a slugging match, bad pitching by the Sox but they at least hit a slew of HR's. This years Sox team to me isn't fun bad at all. They're awful, painful to watch.

Yeah, watching this team is more like slow death than it is fun. Watching great or even good pitching is a lot better when there's some offense behind it.

SoxSpeed22
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't think Danks is back yet, but we will have to see what we have, since it will be time to make a decision soon.
Also, does it bother anybody else that this Astros team has a bunch of ex-Cubs and White Sox and look a lot better than this current group of White Sox?

Mr. Jinx
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
The only positive to this game is that the Jordan Danks supporters can finally shut up and stop whining and begging for him to get called up.

Boondock Saint
06-15-2013, 11:04 PM
The only positive to this game is that the Jordan Danks supporters can finally shut up and stop whining and begging for him to get called up.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I seem to recall a CF the Sox once had, say, seven years ago, whom fans couldn't stop clamoring for.

shingo10
06-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Sox are 1-4 against the Astros since last year. Games where we are supposed to make hay and instead we fail to show up.

slavko
06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I seem to recall a CF the Sox once had, say, seven years ago, whom fans couldn't stop clamoring for.

Jerry Owens, yeah, I remember him. :wink: If Danks could hit another game winning HR, we could send him down again. Don't these things happen in three's?

bestkosher
06-15-2013, 11:21 PM
nsolo- From what lodge do you hail? I am from West Englewood 1164.

Tragg
06-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Bill James once said that a test of any ballclub is how this: how much can they accomplish in a bad season? The Sox will have some opportunities with possible deadline deals and player development in general. The Sox had a good draft -- they went for players with a lot of upside. And they made a decent acquisition in Conor Gillaspie. There is no doubt, however, that the Sox have a lot of work to do to rebuild this offense. That rebuilding should start immediately.

On a good team, Gillespie is a 8/9 hole hitter, if that. He's a placeholder. But one this team needs.
The issue is going to be whether they deal Quintana and/or Santiago. Those are the 2 guys teams are going to want.

amsteel
06-16-2013, 12:20 AM
I bet the Sox wish they had 5$ tickets last year when people would have actually wanted to see this team.

russ99
06-16-2013, 01:00 AM
I can understand why we're stuck with Dunn in the lineup ($), but Flowers and Viciedo are regressing day after day, and still are playing every day.

I hope they send one or both to the minors to figure out something about hitting before it's too late and we end up without them as Sox players and/or end up without them as decent trade chips.

kittle42
06-16-2013, 01:17 AM
I can understand why we're stuck with Dunn in the lineup ($), but Flowers and Viciedo are regressing day after day, and still are playing every day.

I hope they send one or both to the minors to figure out something about hitting before it's too late and we end up without them as Sox players and/or end up without them as decent trade chips.

There is nothing there with which to replace them. Nothing. Well, Phegley. But otherwise, nothing. And I kinda still feel he'll be nothing. But Flowers is just a total bust. Useless in all aspects.

RCWHITESOX
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM
At this point I would like to see anybody out there than most of the team they have hitting the field each day. I'm also tired of hearing the same broken record from the manager and players on how they need keep playing through it. Fundamentals should have been learned a long time ago. Move the players who don't get it and move on. Keep as much of the pitching that you can and let's move on and have some fun.

Jurr
06-16-2013, 06:05 AM
I remember a LONG time ago on this site where most of us said we would trade a decade of bad baseball for one WS win.

It's looking like it's time to pay up.
Thank God the deal has been retroactive to 2009.

MarksBrokenFoot
06-16-2013, 06:21 AM
On a good team, Gillespie is a 8/9 hole hitter, if that. He's a placeholder. But one this team needs.
The issue is going to be whether they deal Quintana and/or Santiago. Those are the 2 guys teams are going to want.

I don't see why we'd trade either of those guys. They are young and cheap and pretty damn good. Crain and Rios are the trading chips now that Peavy went and took himself out of the equation.

TomBradley72
06-16-2013, 06:34 AM
This should be a .500 team- the mental & physical errors and the regression of the young players is an indictment on Ventura.

I've always been a huge fan of Robin's- but his team is playing below its capability- and that's on him.

The overall talent level (majors & minors) is on KW- he should be gone- I don't see how it gets better while the guy who created the mess is still involved in decision making.

Dan H
06-16-2013, 06:49 AM
This should be a .500 team- the mental & physical errors and the regression of the young players is an indictment on Ventura.

I've always been a huge fan of Robin's- but his team is playing below its capability- and that's on him.

The overall talent level (majors & minors) is on KW- he should be gone- I don't see how it gets better while the guy who created the mess is still involved in decision making.

I disagree with you with you on one point: this should not be a .500 team. The offenses is just too bad.

I agree in that I am not a big fan of Ventura as manager. But that is more on Williams. After the 2011 debacle, he goes out and hires an inexperienced man without even interviewing others. So we agree on another thing: KW needs to go or at least give him something else to do. But keep him from running this team.

slavko
06-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I disagree with you with you on one point: this should not be a .500 team. The offenses is just too bad.

I agree in that I am not a big fan of Ventura as manager. But that is more on Williams. After the 2011 debacle, he goes out and hires an inexperienced man without even interviewing others. So we agree on another thing: KW needs to go or at least give him something else to do. But keep him from running this team.

For all we know, he's a figurehead right now. At least I hope so. The "spending more time with my family" story wouldn't have worked here. That the team is badly managed is self-evident in its play. Change is needed there too.

Tragg
06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
I don't see why we'd trade either of those guys. They are young and cheap and pretty damn good. Crain and Rios are the trading chips now that Peavy went and took himself out of the equation.

I agree that they're good. I like both of them a lot. But we need talent in here. They are who will bring it.

Noneck
06-16-2013, 09:16 AM

The problem is with the man that cant be fired.

harwar
06-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, watching this team is more like slow death than it is fun. Watching great or even good pitching is a lot better when there's some offense behind it.

Watching the White Sox right now is like observing a large wounded game animal, as it slows after the initial run, to a limping gait and staggers deliberately on to the unavoidable end..

DonnieDarko
06-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Watching the White Sox right now is like observing a large wounded game animal, as it slows after the initial run, to a limping gait and staggers deliberately on to the unavoidable end..

Nice prose.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/n121391_citizen20kane20clap.gif

SI1020
06-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Then Jordon had the nerve to argue when the play wasn't that close. You're right. This team is tough to like. It is the most unlikable White Sox team to take the field in a long time. Even the 106-loss 1970 team was more likable than this. Yes they were. How could you not like Gerry Janeski and Syd O'Brien? Seriously, this team is very hard to watch and even harder to like.

Jollyroger2
06-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Yes they were. How could you not like Gerry Janeski and Syd O'Brien? Seriously, this team is very hard to watch and even harder to like.

I'm in the DC area but am moving to Houston in a year and a half. Was looking into the Astros earlier this year out of morbid curosity than anything else, and to think this Sox team has lost two in a row to that horrific team speaks volumes about the franchise right now.

I know Houston blew everything up and they're literally starting from scratch but man, they're bad. I'm frankly amazed they've won 20+ games at this point. Playing the Sox obviously helps them.

amsteel
06-16-2013, 11:30 AM

RV was hired as a marketing ploy to placate a jaded fanbase. I'm sure there are plenty of STHs that held onto their tickets in the 2011 offseason because of their nostalgic view of RV. He lucked into a nice 3 month run his first year that allowed people to overlook his inexperience as well a the lack of talent on the team.

Nice enough, although boring, guy. But currently MLB manager material? No.

Regarding KW, I realize hindsight biases people's view, but did anyone consider hiring RV a bad move at the time, or was people's view of the hire skewed by their feelings toward Ventura as a player?

mahagga73
06-16-2013, 11:38 AM
RV was hired as a marketing ploy to placate a jaded fanbase. I'm sure there are plenty of STHs that held onto their tickets in the 2011 offseason because of their nostalgic view of RV. He lucked into a nice 3 month run his first year that allowed people to overlook his inexperience as well a the lack of talent on the team.

Nice enough, although boring, guy. But currently MLB manager material? No.

Regarding KW, I realize hindsight biases people's view, but did anyone consider hiring RV a bad move at the time, or was people's view of the hire skewed by their feelings toward Ventura as a player?

There was quite a bit of skepticism about it but a lot of people were willing to overlook his inexperience in large part because of his White Sox career. The fact the Cardinals also hired a former player with no experience didn't hurt.

Lip Man 1
06-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote of the Day:

"We just have to clean it up." - Robin Ventura.

Same ****, different spin...game after game after game. He'll be saying the same stuff probably on September 20th.

:rolleyes:

Lip

Golden Sox
06-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Usually when a team starts losing some sort of moves are made. It sure doesn't look like there's going to be any player movement. I just can't help but wonder, is Hahn going to surprise us soon by firing Robin Ventura? They're going to have to do something to create some interest in this team. If trades are not coming, I would think we might see a new manager soon. Now that I have giving this more thought, the Royals just changed their hitting coach. Maybe the White Sox will come up with a new hitting coach. I don't think it would do any good if they replaced Ventura or any of his coaches. This team simply can't hit. There are too many outs in this lineup.

Lip Man 1
06-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Golden:

To answer your question:

No on all points with Robin. Not going to happen. Period.

Regarding player movement...give it a month, you'll see guys shipped out.

Lip

tstrike2000
06-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote of the Day:

"We just have to clean it up." - Robin Ventura.

Same ****, different spin...game after game after game. He'll be saying the same stuff probably on September 20th.

:rolleyes:

Lip

I think at this point the Sox are trying to wipe the same permanent stain.

Tragg
06-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Even the 106-loss 1970 team was more likable than this.

Only the pitching distinguishes this team from that horror. But they were both clowns on the field and on the basepaths. We have players who will give Syd O'Brien a run for his money.

TheVulture
06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Juan Uribe and Jose Valentin, as points of reference, could frustrate the hell out of you, but they were both smart players, and it was fun to watch them. Watching DeAza and Alexei is like getting teeth pulled.

Both of those guys in their prime would be the best player on this team hands down. You could bat those guys three-four in this lineup.

edit: forgot about Rios. Just shows how bad the team is, I can't even remember the one decent player. they'd probably go 4-5 in this lineup.

harwar
06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Even the 106-loss 1970 team was more likable than this.

Yea, those were my high school years and i hardly missed a game during the summer .. even though we lost A LOT and the park was almost always empty, baseball was like a religion to me then .. man, i loved those guys..

kittle42
06-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Usually when a team starts losing some sort of moves are made. It sure doesn't look like there's going to be any player movement. I just can't help but wonder, is Hahn going to surprise us soon by firing Robin Ventura? They're going to have to do something to create some interest in this team. If trades are not coming, I would think we might see a new manager soon. Now that I have giving this more thought, the Royals just changed their hitting coach. Maybe the White Sox will come up with a new hitting coach. I don't think it would do any good if they replaced Ventura or any of his coaches. This team simply can't hit. There are too many outs in this lineup.

No point in firing Robin. He'll walk after the season, and we can get a manager with actual coaching experience. Not that I blame Robin for this abomination.

Tragg
06-16-2013, 04:55 PM
No point in firing Robin. He'll walk after the season, and we can get a manager with actual coaching experience. Not that I blame Robin for this abomination.

Ventura continues to log major innings on our young starters, leaving sale and Santiago out there for 110+ innings. Ridiculous for this team. Hahn needs to tell him to stop it.