PDA

View Full Version : "The U" audio

BainesHOF
06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Dear WCIU,

Please fix your audio. The ambient backround noise level is mixed much too high. Trying to listen to the announcers through it gives me a headache every game.

Thank you.

slavko
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Dear WCIU,

Please fix your audio. The ambient backround noise level is mixed much too high. Trying to listen to the announcers through it gives me a headache every game.

Thank you.

Trying to make 4,000 people sound like a full house. It's not only WCIU. Embarrassing.

Steelrod
06-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Drowned out Hawk, therefore not all bad!

MUsoxfan
06-15-2013, 03:10 AM
The fact that any Sox games are on that horrible network is a traveshamockery. If I see games are on 26 I'd rather not watch. I'll read the losing box score on the MLB app.

I'd rather not watch the Sox than listen to "the U" promote their horrible programming

RadioheadRocks
06-15-2013, 06:31 AM
The fact that any Sox games are on that horrible network is a traveshamockery. If I see games are on 26 I'd rather not watch. I'll read the losing box score on the MLB app.

I'd rather not watch the Sox than listen to "the U" promote their horrible programming

Makes me long for the good ol' days at Channel 26 when they had all the Spanish-language programming (and various other languages over the weekend), Polka Party, Kiddie A-Go-Go and the ORIGINAL Soul Train, among other great things!

Brian26
06-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Makes me long for the good ol' days at Channel 26 when they had all the Spanish-language programming (and various other languages over the weekend), Polka Party, Kiddie A-Go-Go and the ORIGINAL Soul Train, among other great things!

And Bob Luce's WWA Championship Wrestling with Bruiser, Moose Cholak, The Great Wojo, and Spike Huber.

roylestillman
06-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Man. I thought that was just me. I could barely hear a word Huff was saying through the crowd noise. Where is that sound mixed, at the truck in New York or at their studio on Halsted? Can't believe somebody at the station didn't notice it.

Lemon44
06-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I would imagine the station is aware of it, but the solution involves purchasing better equipment, and thats not happening at "The U".

AnkleSox
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Drowned out Hawk, therefore not all bad!

I agree. Although at this point if I decide to subject myself to the torture that is a Sox game I usually just mute it and turn on music or read a book.

fungo bat
06-15-2013, 11:13 AM
And Bob Luce's WWA Championship Wrestling with Bruiser, Moose Cholak, The Great Wojo, and Spike Huber.

With Jack Drees and Mel Parnell in the booth, brought to you by Falstaff Beer. Be sure to stay tuned and watch the Mulqueens right after the game, Sox fans.

Steelrod
06-15-2013, 11:38 AM

At least you are not being negative.

Lip Man 1
06-15-2013, 12:26 PM
At the rate the Sox are going in another month folks won't be watching anyway.

Lip

ChiSoxGal85
06-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I just set up my DVR for upcoming Sox games, and there's 3 or 4 games on WCIU in the next few weeks.

GlassSox
06-15-2013, 05:57 PM
I agree, the U audio is terrible and WGN is only marginally better. CSN is very good.

slavko
06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree, the U audio is terrible and WGN is only marginally better. CSN is very good.

Since WGN produces the WCIU games (look at the logo in the upper part of the screen), that figures. Did you think WCIU had a sports remote setup???

GlassSox
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Since WGN produces the WCIU games (look at the logo in the upper part of the screen), that figures. Did you think WCIU had a sports remote setup???

Had no ****ing idea!

DumpJerry
06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Trying to watch the game right now on Fox. The mics sound like they are backwards. You can hear the crowd and air conditioner, but the PBP and Color Guy are downed out. :?:

Oh well, at 7:00, I'm switching to 220 (NBCSC).