View Full Version : Yet another offer to move the Cubs to the burbs

vinny
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Blah, blah blah.

This time from DuPage County.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130612/news/706129827/

LoveYourSuit
06-13-2013, 01:38 AM
:scratch: If it's blah, blah, blah, why are you posting it?

Anyway, I really like any possible idea for getting the Cubs out of the city.

That can only help the Sox.

doublem23
06-13-2013, 02:00 AM

Are you unfamiliar with how message boards work?

Hitmen77
06-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Maybe the county will buy out Dave and Busters and other properties at 355 and Lake Street and offer that land to the Cubs.

:reinsy
Hey Ricketts, Eddie and I have blueprints for a park that would fit in just perfectly on that parcel of land.

Rocky Soprano
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM

Anyway, I really like any possible idea for getting the Cubs out of the city.

That can only help the Sox.

I took the blah, blah, blah as the OP saying the Cubs are never going to leave the city.

blandman
06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Are you unfamiliar with how message boards work?

:rolling:

vinny
06-14-2013, 02:36 PM
I took the blah, blah, blah as the OP saying the Cubs are never going to leave the city.

Yep. Another runaway rumor, but posted here for all to enjoy/ridicule at the Cubs' expense. Because that's what WTS is all about. :smile:

DumpJerry
06-14-2013, 03:43 PM
It's funny how the media takes these "offers" seriously. If a team owns, outright, its stadium, why would it move? Don't these clown understand the economics of it? Teams move when their stadium deal is no longer attractive either because the rent went up or someone else is offering a better rental package.

The pay ZERO RENT for their stadium. If they move to Rosemont, DuPage County, County Cork Ireland or whereever, they will still own Wrigley and will have to pay the associated expenses. Why, then, would they move to a new stadium while still owning one that will no longer be used to its maximum revenue potential?

The Cubs aren't moving. Nobody will buy Wrigley from them to let them move (what would a buyer do with Wrigley, its annual expenses are very high and the buyer's ability to generate appropriate revenues is limited).