PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers and Dbacks Brawl

beasly213
06-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Last nights game. The best is the Over the top rope Royal Rumble move:

http://deadspin.com/yasiel-puig-takes-fastball-to-the-face-stays-in-game-512794937

aryzner
06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm not really surprised that Greinke was involved in this. I have my popcorn out. Time to watch this thing!

MeteorsSox4367
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm not really surprised that Greinke was involved in this. I have my popcorn out. Time to watch this thing!

Two things that I picked up from the SportsCenter highlights this morning:

1. Mark McGwire and Matt Williams grabbing a hold of each other's warmups and looking like they were ready to go.

2. LA's million-dollar pitcher, Clayton Kershaw, throwing punches. That would not be cool to have your best pitcher on the DL for breaking his hand in a fight.

Lastly, not surprised Greinke was involved in this "mess" as Vin Scully called it.

Irishsox1
06-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I just watched it. Ian Kennedy should miss 2 starts. If your going to hit a batter, hitting 2 in the head is totally uncalled for.

As for during the brawl Mark McGuire should be suspended 2 games and fined $80,000. He's supposed to be a coach breaking up a fight, not an out of control steroid monster picking fights. Don Mattingly should be suspended 2 games and $50,000 for once again not being under control and going after people instead of breaking up the fights. I know he's seen 2 of his starters get hit in the head but leave the out of control anger to the players.

06-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Ian Kennedy is a piece of **** for throwing right at Puig's face and hitting him square in the nose. What a ****. Guys REALLY need to get suspended long term for that kind of ****. We are talking about peoples careers and lives at stake.

tstrike2000
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Kennedy should be suspended for throwing at the head, twice. That's beyond stupid and beyond dangerous.

Domeshot17
06-12-2013, 12:38 PM
That pitch that hit Puig, I don't personally think it was intentional. The movement on that pitch was pretty sick, it looked like a 2-seamer that got away

Not the case on the one up and in to Greinke.

McGwire looked good on the fight, but rumors circulating he was be DQ'd and have to give back his percentage of purse, failed the post-fight drug test....

SoxSpeed22
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Mattingley said if you can't control your pitches inside, don't throw inside. Anytime you throw at someone's head, you deserve what's coming to you.

Mr. Jinx
06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
I just watched it. Ian Kennedy should miss 2 starts. If your going to hit a batter, hitting 2 in the head is totally uncalled for.

As for during the brawl Mark McGuire should be suspended 2 games and fined $80,000. He's supposed to be a coach breaking up a fight, not an out of control steroid monster picking fights. Don Mattingly should be suspended 2 games and $50,000 for once again not being under control and going after people instead of breaking up the fights. I know he's seen 2 of his starters get hit in the head but leave the out of control anger to the players.

Maybe we can have him teach Flowers this trick so we can unload the guy, or at least get a little entertainment out of him. Clearly the steroids he took aren't having the same effect.

Domeshot17
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Maybe we can have him teach Flowers this trick so we can unload the guy, or at least get a little entertainment out of him. Clearly the steroids he took aren't having the same effect.

Do you realize how long ago he got busted for PED's?

SoxFanCPA
06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
McGwire with the roid rage. What is that idiot thinking?

Mr. Jinx
06-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Do you realize how long ago he got busted for PED's?

Much more recently than Big Mac did, that's for sure.

RKMeibalane
06-12-2013, 06:22 PM
McGwire with the roid rage. What is that idiot thinking?

Mattingly was no better. I always thought he and Trammell were friends, yet Mattingly tried to beat the **** out of him.

RKMeibalane
06-12-2013, 06:40 PM
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=C4&Date=20130612&Category=SPORTS02&ArtNo=306120111&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=640&Maxh=410

Wedema
06-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Juan Uribe was one of the first Dodgers to come to Greinke's defense after he was drilled in the head. Matt Williams looked like he would have killed McGwire if they would have fought.

tstrike2000
06-13-2013, 12:10 AM
That pitch that hit Puig, I don't personally think it was intentional. The movement on that pitch was pretty sick, it looked like a 2-seamer that got away

Not the case on the one up and in to Greinke.

McGwire looked good on the fight, but rumors circulating he was be DQ'd and have to give back his percentage of purse, failed the post-fight drug test....

Canseco probably stopped by the ballpark before the game to give McGwire a Vitaman B shot in the rear end in the bathroom stall.

TaylorStSox
06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
The best part was Greinkie getting hit in the head and still catching his helmet.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Canseco probably stopped by the ballpark before the game to give McGwire a Vitaman B shot in the rear end in the bathroom stall.

More details to come in his next book: Fueled.

doublem23
06-14-2013, 04:15 PM
MLB handed down punishments:

10 Game Suspension

Ian Kennedy

5 Game Suspension

Eric Hinske
2 Game Suspensions

J.P. Howell
Skip Schumaker
Mark McGwire
1 Game Suspensions

Ronald Belasario
Don Mattingly
Kirk Gibson
Fined, No Suspension

Yaisel Puig
Zack Grienke
Miguel Montero
Gerardo Parra
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/dodgers-d-backs-brawl-punishments-eight-players-suspended-173740435.html

RKMeibalane
06-14-2013, 04:47 PM
5 Game Suspension

Eric Hinske

What did Hinske do? I don't remember seeing him out there.

getonbckthr
06-14-2013, 06:25 PM
At what point does MLB realize how much of a punk ass bitch Grienke is and do something about it? Its becoming a regular occurence with him.

RKMeibalane
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
At what point does MLB realize how much of a punk ass bitch Grienke is and do something about it? Its becoming a regular occurence with him.

There are no rules against being a punk ass bitch, unfortunately. Otherwise, Dwyane Wade would be living in Aubu Dabi right now. In any case, Grienke will get what's coming to him if he keeps this up.

AZChiSoxFan
06-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Because he stood up for his teammate who got drilled in the face???

Yeah, he's really a horrible person for doing that. At least he drilled the dude in the middle of the back. If you want to talk about a gutless punk, look no further than Ian Kennedy. fortunately, MLB handed down the appropriate suspensions.