PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Power Bats Do It Late Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
06-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Hope this is the start of something that pushes us back into contention.

24thStFan
06-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Danks pitched a great game. Hope this is the start of something good for him.

LITTLE NELL
06-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Danks pitched a great game. Hope this is the start of something good for him.

Amen to that.

Dan H
06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Turned out to be great call to have Ramirez bunt. It was truly great to see Paulie hit one out. It has been painful to watch him this year. One of the better wins of the year.

amsteel
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM
The sky is falling less rapidly.

DSpivack
06-08-2013, 05:56 PM

So we've reached terminal velocity? :tongue:

Lip Man 1
06-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Yea they actually won a game...

Sorry that's all I've got the way this season has gone.

Lip

34rancher
06-08-2013, 06:14 PM

So the first derivative (velocity) is negative and the second derivative is positive (acceleration)? I still think Adam Dunn is a third derivative (see what kind of geeks you all are)....

Golden Sox
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
1) Nobody is talking about this but I can't help but wonder: Are the White Sox going to resign Jessie Crain before the season is over with?
2) A scenario I could see happening is putting Crain as the White Sox closer next year and trading Addison Reed this off season for a good everyday player.

FielderJones
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
That was a nice quick game, courtesy John Danks and his Mark Buehrle impression. Worked quickly, got ahead, got a lot of ground balls.

Adam Dunn had a nice defensive game at first to go with his homer and single. It was nice to see Paulie get his power stroke going.

All in all, a fun game to attend with the family. Also good to get my attendance back above .500.

mahagga73
06-08-2013, 07:55 PM
1) Nobody is talking about this but I can't help but wonder: Are the White Sox going to resign Jessie Crain before the season is over with?
2) A scenario I could see happening is putting Crain as the White Sox closer next year and trading Addison Reed this off season for a good everyday player.
Several years of Reed for a few of Crain ? I say keep them both.

Frater Perdurabo
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Several years of Reed for a few of Crain ? I say keep them both.

If the Sox completely tank, entertain offers for Crain.

If not, keep him. Find a new LH set up man for 2014 to replace Thornton.

ChiSoxGal85
06-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Dunn hit a homer! Paulie hit homer and Alexei got a bunt down, in the same inning! Hawk made it sound like they won the World Series, LOL.

Great job by Rios, not trying to do too much to get the go-ahead run in. Danks pitched an awesome game, especially after the rather shaky start.

What a relief. And the crowd looked pretty relieved/happy as well.

Lip Man 1
06-08-2013, 10:41 PM

Golden:

1. No
2. No

Lip

FielderJones
06-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Dunn hit a homer! Paulie hit homer and Alexei got a bunt down, in the same inning! Hawk made it sound like they won the World Series, LOL.

Alexei has been successful on his last two bunt attempts. I hope this is a trend.

What a relief. And the crowd looked pretty relieved/happy as well.

We were.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Hey Fielder, I was there too -- didja see they put up a stat about your namesake, who had a great game this date in (I think) 1902?

Meanwhile, Dun hits a HR off a lefty, goes 2 for 3 with a walk -- unusual.

FielderJones
06-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey Fielder, I was there too -- didja see they put up a stat about your namesake, who had a great game this date in (I think) 1902?

I did indeed, and pointed it out to the missus.

Too bad neither Retrosheet nor Baseball Reference has a box score for that game -- an odd 14 - 7 win over the Senators in the dead ball era. IIRC the Sox Almanac stated that FJ put up five hits in that game.

shingo10
06-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Beautiful day to be at a game. Well played for the most part (besides De Aza's error) and just a nice time out at the ballpark.

Seeing our 3, 4, and 5 hitters come through for a game was nice. Kind of a reminder of how things could have been or could be if they ever clicked at the same time.

BainesHOF
06-09-2013, 01:13 AM
De Aza has committed six errors already. That's atrocious for an outfielder in early June. He needs to go.

Zakath
06-09-2013, 01:32 AM

The propensity of a certain segment of the Sox fanbase to always want to trade what's working in hopes of getting some prospect from someone else that might work out sometime in the near future continually astounds me.

Railsplitter
06-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Sox win. :bandance:

Chez
06-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Beautiful day at the ballpark. When Ramirez squared around to bunt in the 8th, I jumped up and screamed, "NOOOO." Scared the crap out of the woman next to me. In hindsight, the correct call by RV with the score tied. Johnny Danks looked great.

Would love to get back in the race cause after the Hawks' season ends, our cover is blown!

Chez
06-09-2013, 09:04 AM
The propensity of a certain segment of the Sox fanbase to always want to trade what's working in hopes of getting some prospect from someone else that might work out sometime in the near future continually astounds me.

True. Plus our track record on prospects we get in return is (with apologies to Johnny Rotten) "Pretty Vacant." Other than salary relief, can anyone say we got anything of value for Quentin, Santos, E. Jackson, Iguchi etc?" Yes, we got Floyd in return for Freddy Garcia -- but we also gave up Gio in that deal. Many want Son of White Flag. I'm worried about the Sox ability to get anything of value in return.

October26
06-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Sox win. :bandance:

:bandance: Yes they did! :bandance:

I spent a really nice afternoon yesterday with my dad (he is in a rehabilitation center recovering from double pneumonia). My dad is unable to watch most Sox games right now, as the place he is currently living at only has WGN and Fox. So, he was very excited that the Sox game was on WGN yesterday. We watched the game together and I was thrilled that the Sox scored late and won the game. My dad was high-fiving me (yes, I just made up a word) and we were clapping and making all kinds of racket in his room. :D: We are taking things one day at a time and enjoying each win. Keep on winning, White Sox!