PDA

View Full Version : Sox Purchase Troncosos' Contract

#1swisher
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Dan Hayes
White Sox purchase contract of Ramon Troncoso and recall Deunte Heath from Triple-A. Place Peavy on DL and option Omogrosso to Charlotte.

Troncoso and Heath provide much-needed reinforcements after Reed pitched three innings and Jones 4 1/3 IP over the last two games.

Scott Merkin
Omogrosso pitched very well the last two times out, but with yesterday's game, White Sox need fresh arms.

Daryl Van Schouwen
Troncoso, who has major league experiences, has been throwing well at Charlotte. Heath has been here before. Omogrosso to aaa

Foulke You
06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Deante Heath has to be someone's pet project on the Sox. (Cooper perhaps) It's not like Omogrosso has been good or anything but at least he has shown he can occasionally get out MLB hitters and in mop up duty. Heath has never shown me a thing at the big league level and this has to be his third recall of the year.

kittle42
06-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Now this shakeup will *really* propel the team!

Man, the Sox minor league system sucks.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
How many chances is Heath going to get to show that he's terrible?

Says more about the Sox minor league system doesn't it?

Lip

BainesHOF
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I don't want to make a big issue of this, but I don't like seeing Omogrosso sent down at this time. The guy has pitched well lately. This team needs to reward performance. Sending him down at this time sends the wrong message.

Moses_Scurry
06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
That sounds like a made up name! Is he a real person?

vinny
06-06-2013, 08:18 PM
That sounds like a made up name! Is he a real person?

Nice. Yes, he is:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/troncra01.shtml

Been out of the bigs since 2011.