PDA

View Full Version : yahoo on durham trade...sorry guys

TheBigHurt
08-02-2002, 08:36 AM
From Yahoo! Sports:
WHITE SOX-A'S

Chicago sends 2B Ray Durham to Oakland for RHP Jon Adkins

This may be the worst trade of the season. Adkins has a good arm, but so do a lot of guys in the minors. He had a 6.03 ERA at Class AAA Sacramento at the time of the trade and had allowed 139 hits in 97 innings of work. To get nothing more than a decent minor-league pitcher for a player like Ray Durham is almost a crime. Bravo, Billy Beane.

heres the complete link http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/columns/20020801/scoutingtheminorsdeadlin.html

TornLabrum
08-02-2002, 08:41 AM
The thing that scares me about this Adkins deal is that when the deal was announced, Prof. Chaos raved about this guy's change-up. When asked about his pitches on The Score, especially that change-up, Adkins said he didn't throw one.

Could the Prof. have traded for the wrong guy again? :angry:

LongDistanceFan
08-02-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The thing that scares me about this Adkins deal is that when the deal was announced, Prof. Chaos raved about this guy's change-up. When asked about his pitches on The Score, especially that change-up, Adkins said he didn't throw one.

Could the Prof. have traded for the wrong guy again? :angry:

can we say that kw credibility is shot?

CubKilla
08-02-2002, 10:42 AM
I think the only person that would be shocked by this revelation is KW. I can almost say with 100% certainty that everyone here knows we got hosed.