thomas35forever
06-05-2013, 12:08 AM
hrE9apbs0Pk

Soxman219
06-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Are we ever going to win again?

Tragg
06-05-2013, 12:12 AM
I see Peavy's joined the party of veteran stiffs.

shingo10
06-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Hopefully whatever this rib injury is doesn't hurt Peavy's trade value too much.

Robin seems pretty frustrated. Rare to see him yelling so much during a game (although the "home run" call was ridiculous).

Don't know the last time we had a winless road trip but this is sure looking like it is going to be one. And then we return home to play the hottest team in baseball.

I can't image this roster as is will make it out of June intact. Whatever changes are going to happen need to start taking place now.

JB98
06-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Usually around the 60-game mark you look at the standings and figure out what you have.

This team doesn't have much.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I agree shingo. This is a cluster**** to put it mildly.

The way this year is going and the way guys are getting injured, Hahn might want to unload them sooner rather than later before they have zero value to anybody else.

What a total piece of **** team this is. The million dollar question is, how much of this is directly Hahn's fault? Or how much was imposed on Hahn?

These guys might lose 12 or 13 straight which effectively ends the season.

Lip

thomas35forever
06-05-2013, 12:23 AM
This is as close to the blow-it-up camp as I've ever been. We're falling out of contention with each passing day. There's no hope that things are about to get better. Definitely time to consider starting over, low attendance be damned. The Cubs are doing it right now. Why not us?

BainesHOF
06-05-2013, 12:44 AM
What a total piece of **** team this is.

There's no need to put it like that.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Gonzo writes that Peavy suffered the injury Sunday in Oakland. X-rays at the stadium were negative. Is going to have an MRI. Quotes him as saying pain is "sharp, acute" and that he has trouble breathing.

Could be a seprated rib cartlige (sorry about the spelling). That can be hellishly painful and take a long time to heal...which if true (or if he's got something worse) his trade value has just been flushed down the toilet.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
06-05-2013, 01:06 AM
My Blackhawks playoff beard is now doubling as my beard for when the White Sox get a win again.

cws05champ
06-05-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree shingo. This is a cluster**** to put it mildly.

The way this year is going and the way guys are getting injured, Hahn might want to unload them sooner rather than later before they have zero value to anybody else.

What a total piece of **** team this is. The million dollar question is, how much of this is directly Hahn's fault? Or how much was imposed on Hahn?

These guys might lose 12 or 13 straight which effectively ends the season.

Lip
Hahn inherited 90% of this roster with some bad contracts. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I wish KW would have just moved on. I don't trust KW above Hahn to make the right decisions. Furthermore, I don't know if Reinsdorf wants to go through a rebuild.

ChiSoxGal85
06-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Wow. Peavy getting hurt is just another piece of **** on the **** pile. Although it's unreasonable, it feels to me like the Sox will never win again.

Jerko
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm sick of the same script every year. Start out slow (IIRC they had the exact same record earlier this year as the same point last year) get to or near .500 by June, but never get over that hump (last year was a little different obviously)..... I never thought they were THIS bad............but they are. Danks and Beckham were never going to "save" them. The end of this month eases up a tad, but they may not win 5 games in July (Bal, TB Det Phi Atl Det)

I never thought they would "blow it up" because there would only be 50 people at the park, but it might be that way anyway with these current slugs.

TomBradley72
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
hahn inherited 90% of this roster with some bad contracts. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but i wish kw would have just moved on. I don't trust kw above hahn to make the right decisions. furthermore, i don't know if reinsdorf wants to go through a rebuild.

+1

KingXerxes
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I never thought they would "blow it up" because there would only be 50 people at the park, but it might be that way anyway with these current slugs.

It might be easier to sell hope than it is to sell this current team. Blow it up, re-introduce Nickel Beer Nights and let's get rolling.

Hitmen77
06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Eight in a row......just like in 2005!!!!!!!

hrE9apbs0Pk

I think Brooks just found a suitable replacement for the Pirates of the Caribbean intro video.

Foulke You
06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Last night was not a good night for Robin and his coaching staff. It was pretty clear that Peavy had something wrong with him from the get go. The radar gun was between 86mph-88mph most of the time for Jake's fastball. After grimacing in pain while in the dugout, Jake was somehow allowed to return to the mound and get shallacked by the M's for one more inning to put the game completely out of reach. Also, for some reason they decided to pitch to Raul Ibanez with first base open rather than just put him on base and face the rookie behind him. of course, he doubles home two runs.

RockJock07
06-05-2013, 10:39 AM
This is as close to the blow-it-up camp as I've ever been. We're falling out of contention with each passing day. There's no hope that things are about to get better. Definitely time to consider starting over, low attendance be damned. The Cubs are doing it right now. Why not us?

Problem is they win 6 of a 7 in like a week further delaying a possible sell off. I hope they are really bad to finally force Hahn's hand in starting to rebuild this organization.

Noneck
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Peavy getting hurt is worse than losing but hopefully he'll still have trade value next year. Crain, Thornton are the guys that cant get hurt. Granted they may not get much in return but if they get hurt, then the Sox get zip like with Floyd.

nsolo
06-05-2013, 11:20 AM

If the Cubs are rebuilding, as you allude, is their attendance suffering? On second thought, my impression is that the northsiders have been rebuilding for years. Their attendance has mostly been good, so I withdraw my question.

The reality is, accept it or not, attendance at the Cell has been questionable even in championship years. I'm sure the factor of filling seats will carry a lot of weight with management as associated with future moves. The excuse of poor attendance has been used against us when we hoped for better on field talent.

As for my vote, I've never been so uninterested in a White Sox team. I'm to the point of looking up the score the day after. Scratch all previous plans and drop the big one.

Bucky F. Dent
06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
:whiteflag: Blow it up! Trade anyone on the roster except Sale.

kittle42
06-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm sick of the same script every year. Start out slow (IIRC they had the exact same record earlier this year as the same point last year) get to or near .500 by June, but never get over that hump (last year was a little different obviously).

But they *have* to just linger around flirting with .500, because there may be 15,000 fans at a game than 20,000!

kittle42
06-05-2013, 11:31 AM
If the Cubs are rebuilding, as you allude, is their attendance suffering? On second thought, my impression is that the northsiders have been rebuilding for years. Their attendance has mostly been good, so I withdraw my question.

Actually, their attendance is down this year. They're not exactly suffering, but at least they have a plan (which may or may not work, but it's better than our no plan).

doublem23
06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Actually, their attendance is down this year. They're not exactly suffering, but at least they have a plan (which may or may not work, but it's better than our no plan).

I think the idea the Sox have "no plan" is a bit exaggerated.

tstrike2000
06-05-2013, 11:40 AM
After being 24-24 a little more than a week ago, it sure didn't take long for this season to spiral out of control.

kittle42
06-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I think the idea the Sox have "no plan" is a bit exaggerated.

They certainly seem to be spinning their wheels and have stated publicly that their plan recently has been "to compete in the division." It has not worked out.

Harry Chappas
06-05-2013, 12:30 PM
They certainly seem to be spinning their wheels and have stated publicly that their plan recently has been "to compete in the division." It has not worked out.

Let's face it. They're in baseball hell. They're hamstrung by aging veterans with big contracts, injuries to several of their tradeable commodities (Floyd and now maybe Peavy), no positions players in the minors other than maybe Phegley that are close to ready, and young-ish players that aren't very good.

If ever there was a time to blow it up, it's now. I wouldn't wait. This season is a lost cause so they might as well get a head start on the inevitable rebuild.

As for Hahn, I don't hold him responsible. This is the end result of some bad trades by his predecessor and a neglected farm system. If I were Reinsdorf, I'd go scorched earth and truly clean house - from marketing to scouting.

russ99
06-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Don't know about you guys, but I'd rather watch some talented kids building towards something than these slugs going through the motions.

That said, I'm willing to give Hahn a year to get some of the dead weight off the roster (young and old) and see what happens. If we make dump deals to get prospects and payroll flexibility, we could be decent next year. Look at the Red Sox, they were just as awful last year as we are now.

Wish we has even a decent farm system to shake things up even before then....

kittle42
06-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Don't know about you guys, but I'd rather watch some talented kids building towards something than these slugs going through the motions.

That said, I'm willing to give Hahn a year to get some of the dead weight off the roster (young and old) and see what happens. If we make dump deals to get prospects and payroll flexibility, we could be decent next year. Look at the Red Sox, they were just as awful last year as we are now.

Wish we has even a decent farm system to shake things up even before then....

Totally agreed.

hawkjt
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Too early to blow it up.

This is baseball, they will turn it around eventually,and hopefully get some guys hot,so that by early July, they are either back in it or at least have some tradeable assets.

Trading now will not fetch much. Teams try to hang onto good young prospects and it is too early for the real contenders to emerge.
Everyone is in a holding pattern for the next 3-4 weeks.

Then, if this is not much better, back up the truck.

Bucky F. Dent
06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Too early to blow it up.

This is baseball, they will turn it around eventually,and hopefully get some guys hot,so that by early July, they are either back in it or at least have some tradeable assets.

Trading now will not fetch much. Teams try to hang onto good young prospects and it is too early for the real contenders to emerge.
Everyone is in a holding pattern for the next 3-4 weeks.

Then, if this is not much better, back up the truck.

You'd have to dunk Adam Dunn in kerosene and set his ass on fire in order for him to get hot at this point. Even the the breeze generated by his ever waving bat would must certainly put the flames out.

BainesHOF
06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Peavy getting hurt is worse than losing but hopefully he'll still have trade value next year. Crain, Thornton are the guys that cant get hurt. Granted they may not get much in return but if they get hurt, then the Sox get zip like with Floyd.

They should be able to get a good prospect for Crain. He's been excellent this season, and is the kind of reliever who can push a contending team over the top.

Thornton will bring a mediocre prospect.

Mr. Jinx
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM

The Sox had no problem trading 4 guys away for an injured Peavy. Maybe we could luck out and get something similar should the season go down the tubes.

DSpivack
06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
The Sox had no problem trading 4 guys away for an injured Peavy. Maybe we could luck out and get something similar should the season go down the tubes.

Not if he's out 4-6 weeks. :angry:

Mr. Jinx
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Not if he's out 4-6 weeks. :angry:

Why not? He was all but out for the season when the Sox traded for him?

Noneck
06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Why not? He was all but out for the season when the Sox traded for him?

Hes 32 now, far removed from his cy young season and has had a major injury.

white sox bill
06-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Can this season be over yet?? How about a pick not to click?
We will win another game sometime I just feel it. I think this whole thing can be traced back to KW and his pillaging the farm for 40 yr old veterans who he was hoping had some gas left