Streak at 7.

Umpiring sucked.

Hitting sucked.

The new hats were alright.

Dan Hayes can't talk still.

Thats about all.

Brian26
06-03-2013, 11:58 PM
No, the hats sucked too. De Aza's play in CF is brutal. Dan Hayes is painful to watch.

Zakath
06-04-2013, 12:00 AM
We actually made it 4-2 at the end. Not that it mattered.

The list of adjectives to describe the pathetic nature of this team at the moment is quickly being exhausted.

Brian26
06-04-2013, 12:01 AM
This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule.

BainesHOF
06-04-2013, 12:05 AM
I see Ventura's individual talks have worked wonders.

Not looking forward to Danks facing average and better teams.

Hawks really needs to stop making grand pronouncements every game.

At least we know Mark Parent gives a damn.

Zakath
06-04-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm sure Lip will eventually have a barrage of stats to further illustrate how bad this team is, but a couple small ones to chew on:

During this 7-game streak, the Sox have had exactly ***1*** multi-run inning (in case you missed it, it was the 7th inning of Saturday's 4-3 loss to Oakland, and we scored a whopping 2 runs).

We've also had exactly ***1*** home run in the last 10 games.

shingo10
06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
We actually made it 4-2 at the end. Not that it mattered.

The list of adjectives to describe the pathetic nature of this team at the moment is quickly being exhausted.

Good call, how could I forget Dunn's RBI single. Lord knows it is a rare occasion.

Really depressing to have fallen out of it so fast but I keep hearing about how the changes are coming...

Soxman219
06-04-2013, 12:08 AM
At least we took the lead at one point of them game. Baby steps...

RockJock07
06-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Im not really sure where this team is headed. The farm system is not good and short of Sale and Reed I'm not sure any player needs to be kept.

Hopefully a solid draft this week can start to rebuild this organization.

Lip Man 1
06-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Zakath:

Ask and ye shall receive but first I guess Beckham wasn't the 'savior' was he Hawk? LOL.

Now where was I...

7th straight game scoring three runs or less
10th time in the last 12 games scoring three runs or less

This perfectly and completely shows the difference between hitters on every other club and the Sox. Ibanez fell behind 0-2 but kept fouling off pitches, working the count full and homering to right field on the 13th pitch to give the Mariners a 4-1 lead.

Sox hitters can literally go days without seeing 14 pitches combined in at bats.

The "good" news I guess is another 10 days of this and I'm sure even Hahn will realize it's time to pull the plug. At least fans won't have to sit through another September collapse and another blown post season spot.

I don't like it one bit and am embarrassed but what can you do? This is a garbage team that deserves its fate.

Changes are coming folks and in this case I'm sure all fans agree that's not a bad thing.

Lip

DSpivack
06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
In their last 7 games:
The White Sox have 0 HRs and 11 RsBI
Dominic Brown has 7 HRs and 13 RsBI

https://twitter.com/LaurenceWHolmes/status/341782024052412416

DSpivack
06-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Zakath:

Ask and ye shall receive but first I guess Beckham wasn't the 'savior' was he Hawk? LOL.

Now where was I...

7th straight game scoring thee runs or less
10th time in the last 12 games scoring three runs or less

This perfectly and completely shows the difference between hitters on every other club and the Sox. Ibanez fell behind 0-2 but kept fouling off pitches, working the count full and homering to right field on the 13th pitch to give the Mariners a 4-1 lead.

Sox hitters can literally go days without seeing 14 pitches combined in at bats.

The "good" news I guess is another 10 days of this and I'm sure even Hahn will realize it's time to pull the plug. At least fans won't have to sit through another September collapse and another blown post season spot.

I don't like it one bit and am embarrassed but what can you do? This is a garbage team that deserves its fate.

Changes are coming folks and in this case I'm sure all fans agree that's not a bad thing.

Lip

Here's another fun tidbit I read tonight: In the last 4 days the Sox have been shutout by one 40-year old and have given up a HR to another. :tongue:

Noneck
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
At least we know Mark Parent gives a damn.

He better, hes probably the heir apparent to this mess.

JB98
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
They've stopped hitting home runs.

They can't win without the long ball.

DSpivack
06-04-2013, 12:25 AM
He better, hes probably the heir apparent to this mess.

Poor Mark, in that case.

StillMissOzzie
06-04-2013, 12:37 AM
My son called this one in the first inning:

"Junkball lefty with a changeup? Game over."

And this totally inept offense makes another journeyman pitcher look good.

SMO
:angry::whiner::gulp:

TheFrisbee
06-04-2013, 12:43 AM
We stinks.

Tragg
06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Saunders was tough: he was able to improve his ERA to 5.42 tonight.

Lip Man 1
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
I think Robin has to much class and professionalism to walk away from his contract. I think he'll play it out and then depending on what the franchise situation is, he might say, "I've had enough..."

Lip

Lip Man 1
06-04-2013, 12:50 AM
In Saunders defense though he is now 10-1 at Safeco... at least in that park he is pretty good.

Lip

thomas35forever
06-04-2013, 02:18 AM
I don't even.

socko82
06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Another passed ball for Flowers, that's 6 now. And that doesn't even count all the extra wild pitches caused because he just tries to backhand everything in the dirt instead of blocking them. Can't hit, can't catch, and really seems to be giving a half-assed effort, fits in perfect on this team.

tstrike2000
06-04-2013, 06:46 AM
There was a game last night?

Zakath
06-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Here's another fun tidbit I read tonight: In the last 4 days the Sox have been shutout by one 40-year old and have given up a HR to another. :tongue:

That goes well with the 3 HR's we gave up to the backup catcher, as well as the grand slam we gave up to the pitcher in Wrigley.

We're reaching new highs in low.

nsolo
06-04-2013, 08:03 AM
I think Robin has to much class and professionalism to walk away from his contract. I think he'll play it out and then depending on what the franchise situation is, he might say, "I've had enough..."

Lip

Ok, I'll buy your thought of Robin having too much class to just walk away, but I believe he'll walk at the end of the season no matter what actions might be made. Just my feeling.

If he does then walk....who's next? Robin wasn't hired for his experience, but rather on loyalty and he was CHEAP. So, back to my question, what decent manager would want to inherit this steaming pile? Even if a fire sale occurs with a major rebuild, who would accept the challenge with what JR would be willing to pay?

asindc
06-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm sure Lip will eventually have a barrage of stats to further illustrate how bad this team is, but a couple small ones to chew on:

During this 7-game streak, the Sox have had exactly ***1*** multi-run inning (in case you missed it, it was the 7th inning of Saturday's 4-3 loss to Oakland, and we scored a whopping 2 runs).

We've also had exactly ***1*** home run in the last 10 games.

This stat is at least as equally telling: When the Sox scored to take a 1-0 run lead in the 2nd inning (which would last only a half inning, of course), it was the first lead in the past seven completed games that the Sox have held.

vinny
06-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Hitting during the streak: .192/.228/.237

DeAza: .259
Ramirez: .200
Rios: .182
Gillaspie: .150
Viciedo: .080

The bats are ice cold. Time to ask Jobu to come and take the fear from the bats.

Jerko
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Gonna be a long quiet summer at the Cell by the looks of things. From .500 (whoo) to 7 under in the blink of an eye. :redface:

SoxSpeed22
06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Ventura will probably manage out his contract, but I think he would be better off as a minor league manager. He seems much better at teaching players, than busting chops. In the minors, if you teach the kids properly, the wins will like as themselves. Not necessarily the case in the Majors.

asindc
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Hitting during the streak: .192/.228/.237

DeAza: .259
Ramirez: .200
Rios: .182
Gillaspie: .150
Viciedo: .080

The bats are ice cold. Time to ask Jobu to come and take the fear from the bats.

Funny that you mention the movie Major League. I was watching a bit of it two days ago and it reminded me of the 2013 Sox in some ways:

Willie Mays Hayes: De Aza
Roger Dorn: Pauly
Wild Thing Vaughn: Jones
Cerrano: Dunn
Uecker: Hawk

Don't mock... I have to laugh to keep my sanity about this.

Irishsox1
06-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Another passed ball for Flowers, that's 6 now. And that doesn't even count all the extra wild pitches caused because he just tries to backhand everything in the dirt instead of blocking them. Can't hit, can't catch, and really seems to be giving a half-assed effort, fits in perfect on this team.

If your a catcher hitting .200, you better be an awesome catcher. Not the case with Flowers, not even close.

SCCWS
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Ok, I'll buy your thought of Robin having too much class to just walk away, but I believe he'll walk at the end of the season no matter what actions might be made. Just my feeling.

If he does then walk....who's next? Robin wasn't hired for his experience, but rather on loyalty and he was CHEAP. So, back to my question, what decent manager would want to inherit this steaming pile? Even if a fire sale occurs with a major rebuild, who would accept the challenge with what JR would be willing to pay?

Joey Cora will be next.

vinny
06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Funny that you mention the movie Major League. I was watching a bit of it two days ago and it reminded me of the 2013 Sox in some ways:

Willie Mays Hayes: De Aza
Roger Dorn: Pauly
Wild Thing Vaughn: Jones
Cerrano: Dunn

Don't mock... I have to laugh to keep my sanity about this.

Harris: John Danks (until he gets his fastball speed back, he's gonna need the Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil, and snot)

BTW, I posted a De Aza as Hayes pic in the game thread last night.

mahagga73
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Streak at 7.

Umpiring sucked.

Hitting sucked.

The new hats were alright.

Dan Hayes can't talk still.

Thats about all.

Same hats as spring training right.

kittle42
06-04-2013, 09:59 AM
This was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule.

It is...for the opposition.

kittle42
06-04-2013, 10:01 AM

But I heard he can "wear the tools."

kittle42
06-04-2013, 10:02 AM
There was a game last night?

Ditto. Probably the first game this season, except when I was on a flight or overseas, that I never even checked the score of during the game.

kittle42
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Ventura will probably manage out his contract, but I think he would be better off as a minor league manager. He seems much better at teaching players, than busting chops. In the minors, if you teach the kids properly, the wins will like as themselves. Not necessarily the case in the Majors.

That's OK - when we let him go or he walks away, the Sox have plenty of former Sox players with zero coaching experience at any level ever from which to choose. I nominate John Cangelosi.

kittle42
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM

Nah - Harry Doyle was realistic about the Indians.

Jerko
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Buddy Bell. He's used to managing awful teams.

Lip Man 1
06-04-2013, 10:11 AM

I'm sure there would be a lot of guys willing to work on the cheap for a shot to manage a big league team. As to whether they are any good or not, that would remain to be seen.

Lip

asindc
06-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Nah - Harry Doyle was realistic about the Indians.

Good point.

Crestani
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Apathy:

absense or suppresion of passion, emotion, or excitement!

Lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.

This Ladies and Gentlemen, is your 2013 Chicago White Sox..!!

amsteel
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
The Sox' reliance on HRs is pitiful.

hawkjt
06-04-2013, 11:58 AM
But I heard he can "wear the tools."

Amazing how exposed Tyler has become now that he is catching more than once a week. His pure fundamentals of catching the ball seem flawed. As Stoney pointed out, he should not be trying to backhand a ball in the dirt right in front of him.

Bring on Phlegley....or whoever.
I prefer Jiminez to Flowers right now.

Again,this shows the inexact nature of ''trading the vets for young prospects'' .....Flowers and Lillibridge were our big pieces for Javy,right?

And AJ was over the hill,so we go with the young prospect?

The Braves seem to know which guys to keep,and which ones to deal..

Foulke You
06-04-2013, 02:02 PM
The Sox' reliance on HRs is pitiful.
I miss the days when we just hit HRs. Now, we don't hit anything at all. Even extra base hits are an absolute rarity.

Hitmen77
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
That's OK - when we let him go or he walks away, the Sox have plenty of former Sox players with zero coaching experience at any level ever from which to choose. I nominate John Cangelosi.

I'm going to go with Aaron Rowand.

TheFrisbee
06-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't have any numbers to back this up, but it really feels as though this offense is even more dreadful than the lousy 2011 version.

BigKlu59
06-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Hell, Bring back Dibber... He wont have to worry about telling guys how to run the bases, cause we never get anyone on anyway...

BK59