PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-2 Swept to the bottom of the barrel; OAK 2 SOX 0 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Worst. Offense. Ever

LITTLE NELL
06-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Did anyone expect this lineup to score a run, they exceeded expectations with 3 hits.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Sixth time shut out this year, 30th time this year scoring three runs or less.

Nine runs scored in the last six games. Shut out three times.

Robin talked this morning about the potential for this to spin out of control and before you know it you've lost 10 or 12 straight.

Looks like Robin knows what is to come.

Not his fault, Kenny and Rick put him into this situation in the first place, he just came along at a bad time.

Lip

nofluke69
06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Please just blow this team up and give us the illusion that we are rebuilding. :angry::angry::angry:

Zakath
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Have to admit that I slept through most of this one.

Looks like the Sox did too.

Dan H
Did anyone expect this lineup to score a run, they exceeded expectations with 3 hits.

No, not really. Except for Hawkeroo who talked LaRussa throwing out lineups like this and winning. My god, what total BS.

Lip Man 1
Please just blow this team up and give us the illusion that we are rebuilding. :angry::angry::angry:

I agree completely, I've got to think Hahn has seen enough now to know this is not going to turn around and work from there.

Lip

Soxman219
I knew Sale was going to lose today giving up less than two runs. I don't know who has a worse offense than this team right now. I trust absolutely no one in this lineup.

LITTLE NELL
06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I agree completely, I've got to think Hahn has seen enough now to know this is not going to turn around and work from there.

Lip

What are the options, who can we bring up, who can we trade. We are doomed.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 06:20 PM
10th loss this season when allowing three runs or less.

Lip

shingo10
06-02-2013, 06:22 PM
For what its worth Hahn was on Hit and Run on the Score this morning and he said that the past 10 days have been full of meetings behind the scenes with staff and individual players and that there are plans in place to address what has been happening....

Have to give him credit, he certainly can talk a good game. Does he actually intend to make moves? I kind of doubt it.

Hawk is in full blown September collapse mode.

Danks continues to be awful in the outfield.

This could very well turn into a winless road trip. As Stone said if he we don't homer we don't win. And we aren't homering because we aren't hitting.

What a difference a week makes huh?

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
What are the options, who can we bring up, who can we trade. We are doomed.

If Hahn decides to finally bite the bullet and admit to a rebuild, you should be able to get something for Rios, Ramirez, Peavy, Thornton, Crain...if he feels it's going to take five years or so, you also take offers for Sale.

Lip

amsteel
06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Longest September swoon ever.

Soxman219
06-02-2013, 06:26 PM
What was Sale's line today?

SouthSideMike
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Hawk Harrelson in 7th inning: "As much as I'd like to, we can't blame this one on the umpires"

Hawk Harrelson in 9th inning: "Oakland got a big break right there" (talking about the 3rd strike called on Gillespie)

The only thing worse than suffering through the ineptitude on the field is enduring Harrelson's unprofessional broadcasts.

Don't worry, the team will be fine when Beckham gets back, and he's going to take over the leadership from Konerko when he retires. Okay, Hawk, whatever you say.

I know I don't post here a lot, but I just had to vent somewhere.

And I agree that it's time to rebuild. I feel kind of bad for Ventura. Seems like the White Sox kind of talked him into managing this team in the first place, and he seemed like he would have been perfectly happy doing something else.

Tragg
06-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Casper Wells cut by Seattle then Oakland.
Tyler Greene cut by the Astros

It's only a matter of time before this talent comes around.

If Hahn decides to finally bite the bullet and admit to a rebuild, you should be able to get something for Rios, Ramirez, Peavy, Thornton, Crain...if he feels it's going to take five years or so, you also take offers for Sale.

Lip
I agree, but that's all we got so be judicious and make those players count. No fire sales, friendly giveaways, worrying about trading in the division or league, or any of that nonsense. Teams pay for middle relievers and we have a couple of good ones.

SoxSpeed22
06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we definitely over-achieved last year.

BainesHOF
06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I didn't watch the whole game today, but what I saw was brutal once again:

- Jordan Danks botching a ball to allow Crisp to score from first base on a single.

- Tyler Flowers missed Wells' throw from right field on a play at the plate. The ball was up the third-base line a bit, but the play would have been close. Flowers missed the ball by a lot. On top of that, he wasn't even in position to make a tag. It was like he gave up on the whole play.

- Sale didn't back up the play at the plate. For some reason, he was standing next to the umpire. The pitchers have done a poor job of backing up plays this season. Why has this been allowed to continue?

Frank Thomas was ticked off in the postgame show. He said nobody has a plan at the plate. He also said there needs to be a shakeup now or it's going to be a long June. Which brings us to Hahn's radio interview before the game. He said this of the coaches: "I think they've done an excellent job." That's a joke.

Noneck
06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Don't worry, the team will be fine when Beckham gets back, and he's going to take over the leadership from Konerko when he retires. Okay, Hawk, whatever you say.

Just where you want leadership to come from, a 1st rd 8th pick guy that has a .246 average and has underachieved for the last 5 years.

Too bad the real carnival days are over, he would having them pouring in to see the bearded lady, thats why hes the hawker.

Dan H
06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
South Side Mike:

You are right about Hawk. He always likes to blame the umps but how can he when the team barely threatens to score? The pitch to Gillispie? Maybe it was a little outside. But guess what? When you're not hitting, you're not going to get those calls. Swing the bat at anything close with two strikes.

BainesHOF:

You are right about those defensive lapses. Flowers just isn't showing anything. And the team looks worse when it gives up runs like this.

This team is truly one dimensional. It has starting pitching and that is it. It has no defense or offense. No wonder Ventura didn't want to sign an extension although I am starting to think he is no prize either.

DirtySox
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
The long overdue rebuild is nigh.

cv sox fan
06-02-2013, 07:40 PM
we can blame jr and kenny for part of this pathetic team. we can blame robin for there lack of hustle and poor defense lost lineups come on did we expect anything different today its time to punt. he will not even move dunn down in the order. i wish we bring up a bunch of no names who tried everyday our guys look like they just do not care and robin just sits and blow bubbles

captain54
06-02-2013, 07:51 PM
For what its worth Hahn was on Hit and Run on the Score this morning and he said that the past 10 days have been full of meetings behind the scenes with staff and individual players and that there are plans in place to address

Makes me shudder to think that the brains that put this mess together are now gonna put their eggheads together to fix it

Kenny Williams the engineer of this disaster, is on the payroll and collects a check? Really?

In 50 yrs no Sox team has made me hate baseball, but this is pretty close

The organization has had it's day. Mediocre. At best. Is all we can hope for as long as JR and his bunch are in charge

shingo10
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
The only thing worse than suffering through the ineptitude on the field is enduring Harrelson's unprofessional broadcasts.

One interesting aspect of the broadcast today was when Hawk and Stone had a nice discussion about the state of baseball. Hawk says that the term "small market" is out the window and that the playing field has never been more level. Which I think is true but why then do we have a pathetic roster 3/4ths filled with "talent" that is not major league caliber?

Also they brought up how when you aren't scoring runs it looks like you aren't trying. True enough I suppose but when you do the same thing day in and day out there shouldn't be any surprises that it isn't working.

Tragg
06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
One interesting aspect of the broadcast today was when Hawk and Stone had a nice discussion about the state of baseball. Hawk says that the term "small market" is out the window and that the playing field has never been more level. Which I think is true but why then do we have a pathetic roster 3/4ths filled with "talent" that is not major league caliber?

That proves his point. Small market teams are a heck of a lot better than we are.

Brian26
06-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Grant Belfour Ragin' Gnome June 16th.

Fire Manto

Jurr
06-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Makes me shudder to think that the brains that put this mess together are now gonna put their eggheads together to fix it

Kenny Williams the engineer of this disaster, is on the payroll and collects a check? Really?

In 50 yrs no Sox team has made me hate baseball, but this is pretty close

The organization has had it's day. Mediocre. At best. Is all we can hope for as long as JR and his bunch are in charge

I totally agree with this statement. I go to PNC Park a bunch and watch a team that at very least seems to enjoy playing baseball. The players are engaged. They sit at the edge of the steps and watch. Their manager is out there after the game, slapping butts and enjoying himself.

The Sox have become so morose, it's like watching an old family dog in his final days.
Watching this product makes me depressed. Very little athleticism. Very little energy. No sign of engagement - it seems like Ventura is allowing a very low standard of expectations to be maintained.

The Sox need to GUT this roster and bring in some players that actually care.
This team has proven that it can spend money, and I would prefer to see a roster with lesser paid players with a chip on their shoulder.

Instead of bogging down your payroll with 8 figure players devoid of upside, scrap the payroll, bring in middle of the road guys, and have a resemblance of a team that cares about playing baseball.

This team has a LOT of guys that are older, fatter, and happy with life.
They have more money than they will ever spend, security, and this breeds contentment, especially given the fact that they will make bank regardless of outcomes.

At this point, I would not even be overly concerned with return on trades.
Someone needs a proven bat, even if it hasn't happened this year.

GMs are in love with the concept of "the scenery change".

By the way, I would also dump Danks before he falls apart again.
Hopefully there is a Kenny Williams clone out there that will watch old video and fall in love.

doublem23
06-02-2013, 09:47 PM

So true

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/28/sports/28chicago.jpg

WhiteSox5187
06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
So true

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/28/sports/28chicago.jpg

Ah yes, the one triumph in over 30 years of ownership.

doublem23
06-02-2013, 09:54 PM

Aren't the Sox also one of the best teams in terms of winning percentage since the start of JR's ownership?

captain54
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Aren't the Sox also one of the best teams in terms of winning percentage since the start of JR's ownership?

They don't give trophies for winning percentages

PaleHoser
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
No, not really. Except for Hawkeroo who talked LaRussa throwing out lineups like this and winning.

Ironic, considering Hawk fired him. Probably for throwing out lineups like this.

doublem23
06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
They don't give trophies for winning percentages

Yeah, but it's a much better measurement of how good you are. Unless, of course, you actually think the Tigers were the best team in the AL last year.

:rolling:

Lip Man 1
06-02-2013, 10:09 PM
I can't say how they compare to other teams in the league but in 32 complete seasons now under he and EE they've had:

19 winning seasons
12 losing seasons
1 season at .500

The overall record under his ownership is:
2,613 wins; 2,445 losses (+168)

Average seasonal record: 81.6 wins; 76.4 losses

Five post season appearances
One World Series title
Combined post season record: 15-14

Lip

Brian26
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM

This is a dangerous discussion to get into. The Atlanta Braves and their 12 straight division titles only netted one World Title. The mighty Indians of the 90s won none. Over the past 30 years, 19 different teams have won the World Series. Only seven teams have won it more than once (Giants, Cards, Red Sox, Yankees, Marlins, Twins, and Blue Jays). Six of those seven teams won it twice...the exception being obvious. The White Sox could have easily won it in 83 to have two titles. Point being, this idea that Reinsdorf's ownership reign has been a disaster is rather perposterous, especially considering what he accomplished in the last 20 years with the new stadium and community service work.

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:26 PM
especially considering what he accomplished in the last 20 years with the new stadium and community service work.

thank you thank you thank you.. for talking me off the ledge.. I feel SO much better about this miserable season now that I remember the 20 last years with the new stadium and the community service work

Mr. Jinx
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah, but it's a much better measurement of how good you are. Unless, of course, you actually think the Tigers were the best team in the AL last year.

No, but consistently being a .500 team is far worse than being a really good team for a few years and a really bad team for a few.

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but it's a much better measurement of how good you are.

then why even bother having a postseason? if the measurement of how good or well the franchise fares is based on the regular season record?

doublem23
06-02-2013, 10:33 PM
then why even bother having a postseason? if the measurement of how good or well the franchise fares is based on the regular season record?

Are you kidding?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/e/e1/Pile-of-money.jpg

doublem23
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
thank you thank you thank you.. for talking me off the ledge.. I feel SO much better about this miserable season now that I remember the 20 last years with the new stadium and the community service work

Oh for Christ's sake, grow up, obviously the point being made wasn't that the new stadium makes a difference in the win/loss column right now, just pointing out the OBVIOUS, that JR's ownership of the White Sox has been much more positive than negative.

You can whine and mope all you like (god knows the team is bad enough right now) but the bottom line is that probably 15-20 MLB teams out there would trade places with us for the last 10 years for sure. So, you know, have some perspective and maybe act like an adult. It makes the place so much more enjoyable than having to read the constant and repetitive whining of crybabies.

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Are you kidding?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/e/e1/Pile-of-money.jpg

I was going to ask you the same question my friend..

doublem23
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I was going to ask you the same question my friend..

If you really think the MLB playoffs are, in any way, designed to find out which team is the best in the league, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell. Dirt cheap!

Brian26
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Thats not a weak attempt at taking something out of context. :rolleyes:

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM
It makes the place so much more enjoyable than having to read the constant and repetitive whining of crybabies.

I sincerely apologize for not being all happy and chipper and thankful/grateful for this wonderful organization.. after my team is in the midst of a 6 game losing streak, just got embarrassed by the Lovable Losers/Doormat of the NL, flirting with the basement of the AL Central, and are painfully painfully excruciating to watch.

I think to chastise fans for complaining about the state of the organization after this showing so far in 13', well a bit unrealistic.

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:54 PM
If you really think the MLB playoffs are, in any way, designed to find out which team is the best in the league, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell. Dirt cheap!

then what are they designed for?

Dan H
06-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Oh for Christ's sake, grow up, obviously the point being made wasn't that the new stadium makes a difference in the win/loss column right now, just pointing out the OBVIOUS, that JR's ownership of the White Sox has been much more positive than negative.

You can whine and mope all you like (god knows the team is bad enough right now) but the bottom line is that probably 15-20 MLB teams out there would trade places with us for the last 10 years for sure. So, you know, have some perspective and maybe act like an adult. It makes the place so much more enjoyable than having to read the constant and repetitive whining of crybabies.

Jerry Reinsdorf has done some good things but when things go south, they really have gone south. But the point is now where does the team go? Interest in the team is low, and there doesn't seem to be any direction. The challenge at the moment is how this team is going to rebound, and how long is it going to take. I hope the organization fully understands this because any acts of denial will only prolong a bad situation. This last week has been awful and it has been a long time since the club has looked this bad. And five years without a playoff doesn't cut it for me.

captain54
06-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Thats not a weak attempt at taking something out of context. :rolleyes:

Not a good time to be bringing up the frikkin stadium... the stadium that was resdesigned and renovated at considerable cost over the years to resemble more of what the fans wanted when the original was built in 91", only to be told in 91" that they were getting 'state of the art".

Brian26
06-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Not a good time to be bringing up the frikkin stadium... the stadium that was resdesigned and renovated at considerable cost over the years to resemble more of what the fans wanted when the original was built in 91", only to be told in 91" that they were getting 'state of the art".

They did get state of the art amenities. The complaints about the park in the late 90s mostly involved aesthetics...whining about seat colors and exposed concrete....which nobody knew they wanted until Camden and Jacobs opened later. Most sox fans were content with having their own version of Dodger Stadium.

kittle42
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Why are we fighting among ourselves? The entire organization sucks. Let's just revel in that!

Winningugly23
06-03-2013, 02:27 AM
I wonder if this is what the Cleveland Indians message board looked like in 05 when they were 15.5 games back and then almost won the division..hmmmm..I trust in Robin he will get it turned around all is not lost..Tomm I'll be first row sec 142 with my big Sox flag screaming my lungs out for the boyz..you know what we can get this shipped turned around in a hurry and we Are only 5.5 back...keep the faith..

Dan H
06-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Why are we fighting among ourselves? The entire organization sucks. Let's just revel in that!

We don't need to fight among ourselves and most of it is frustration anyway. As far as the organization goes, I just want to see signs that it understands the severity of the situation. There are no easy fixes, but it can make some moves to improve things. But then again the organization does suck.

hawkjt
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
This team simply cannot be this bad.

Not possible.

The worm will turn,just hope it is not too late.

The Tigers are stinking almost as bad...go figure.

Tragg
06-03-2013, 05:06 PM
JR has to make some hard decisions regarding his friends and organizational guys if he's going to turn this around. That's something that may be difficult, as loyal as he is.