PDA

View Full Version : Alexei Ramirez Power Outage

Chez
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Only 9 HR's last season and just one coming in to today's game. After his first three seasons, I thought he'd give us between 15-25 HR's a season. Anyone have any theories? Don't get me wrong, I like Alexei as our SS, but I'm surprised by the drop in home runs.

Shoeless
05-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Get on base. We have enough swing for the fences guys

LITTLE NELL
05-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Get on base. We have enough swing for the fences guys

Especially batting second. It would be nice if our lead off hitter had a better batting average and OBP.

Dan H
05-27-2013, 08:12 AM
I was surprised to hear that Alexei led AL shortstops in RBIs last year. I think because of all those grand slams he hit in '08, we expected more from him. Or maybe want more because the offense is so weak.

Domeshot17
05-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Not all that shocking considering his age. He is not a young guy...

Hartman
05-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Just keep hitting for average in the 2 spot. I'm thrilled with his performance thus far this year. Offensively, that is.

dickallen15
05-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Not all that shocking considering his age. He is not a young guy...

And probably a couple of years older than he is listed.

voodoochile
05-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Just keep hitting for average in the 2 spot. I'm thrilled with his performance thus far this year. Offensively, that is.

Yeah and he is actually doing what 2-hole hitters are supposed to do like yesterday when he hit to the right side to move Rios over in the 9th.

DonnieDarko
05-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah and he is actually doing what 2-hole hitters are supposed to do like yesterday when he hit to the right side to move Rios over in the 9th.

This. I'm pretty sure that Ramirez is best in the 2-hole, if only because he gets a ton more fastballs to hit. Sure, the guy can't bunt to save his life, but he makes contact and seems to be able to hit the ball to the right side. I dunno why people rag on him so much for hitting in the 2-hole, honestly.

I will say that the lack of power IS a bit concerning, but as long as he's hitting and driving in runs, that's really all I care about.

SCCWS
05-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Especially batting second. It would be nice if our lead off hitter had a better batting average and OBP.

If he keeps hitting, maybe we will see Gillaspie moved up to leadoff. That would improve OBP and DeAza could add some punch to bottom third of order. DeAza is not much of a stolen base threat but I don't know if Gillaspie has any speed to move around the bases. He hasn't stolen many bases.