PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cubs- Crosstown Series Pitching Probables

Foulke You
05-24-2013, 07:00 PM
According to ESPN's pitching probables section, here are the matchups for next week's crosstown series if anyone is interested:

Monday 5/27- Jose Quintana vs. Jeff Samardzija (US Cellular Field)
Tuesday 5/28- Chris Sale vs. Edwin Jackson (US Cellular Field)
Wednesday 5/29- John Danks vs. Scott Feldman (Wrigley Field)
Thursday 5/30- Jake Peavy vs. Travis Wood (Wrigley Field)

kittle42
05-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Does anyone even care about this series anymore?

Preemptive strike response: "Well, you cared enough to post in this thread."

Response to that gets me banned.

doublem23
05-24-2013, 08:22 PM

Baseball is likely all that will be left by Monday so... yes.

Lip Man 1
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Still love to beat the Cubs and their clown fans but honestly it's not the same meaning when both teams are mediocre (at best...)

Lip

Brian26
05-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Remember the good old days when this series was so important that Dusty would rush Prior back early from the DL to try to salvage a win in the series?

tebman
05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Remember the good old days when this series was so important that Dusty would rush Prior back early from the DL to try to salvage a win in the series?

Who?

Frater Perdurabo
05-24-2013, 09:29 PM

He should have kept on throwing in the towel.

:)

hawkjt
05-25-2013, 12:15 PM
According to ESPN's pitching probables section, here are the matchups for next week's crosstown series if anyone is interested:

Wednesday 5/29- John Danks vs. Scott Feldman (Wrigley Field)
Thursday 5/30- Jake Peavy vs. Travis Wood (Wrigley Field)

I know I care....the Sox could be at .500 going into this series,and need to get over .500.

And yes, I still like beating the Cubs,no matter where the teams sit in their divisions....of course I like beating whoever is playing the Sox that day.

As for the matchups...Sox get the Cubs best (Smarmy and Wood)...per usual. Sox got the Red Sox best also(Lester and Buchholz),then the Tribe get Dempster in the next game and blow him out. Bad luck.

The Cubs starters have been pretty solid...cept for Jackson,surprisingly.
Feldman even hit a two run homer last nite...do not give him anything straight,Johnny!

I think game 1 is huge in this series. Smarmy is tough,and Jose can be tough,but also must hit his spots. Cubs have lost a ton of one run games,and are currently in a bad mode...please let it extend another week.

AnkleSox
05-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Baseball is likely all that will be left by Monday so... yes.

This makes me sad. But I agree.

mahagga73
05-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Still love to beat the Cubs and their clown fans but honestly it's not the same meaning when both teams are mediocre (at best...)

Lip
Sox are mediocre, the Cubs are horrible.

DrCrawdad
05-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Sox are mediocre, the Cubs are horrible.

My initial reaction was that the teams are about the same. Then I looked up their records...

SOX 22/24 .478
CUBS 19/29 .383

So there you have it. I didn't know what i expected from the Cubs. I expected better from the Sox.

I won't be shocked if the Sox lose 3/4 against the Cubs.

mahagga73
05-26-2013, 05:26 PM
My initial reaction was that the teams are about the same. Then I looked up their records...

SOX 22/24 .478
CUBS 19/29 .383

So there you have it. I didn't know what i expected from the Cubs. I expected better from the Sox.

I won't be shocked if the Sox lose 3/4 against the Cubs.
Lol, don't say that. Sox are now 24-24, Cubs 12 games under. That's a pretty big difference.

Dan H
05-26-2013, 05:43 PM

This series lost its luster long time ago. I want the Sox to win just like any other game. I do enjoy beating the Cubs because it shuts their fans up a little bit. Not much but a little and I'll take that.

But the real rivalry should be who goes to the playoffs more and neither team has done that since '08. The Chicago baseball post season record since the Sox won the Series is 1-9. The pathetic Marlins have won more World Series than the Sox and Cubs have won in the combined past 190 seasons. Who cares who beats who if they only spend another October not playing baseball?

Shoeless
05-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Two questions

Is Samardzija any good yet? I feel like he's getting clocked by every Cubs opponent year in and year out.

Edwin Jackson is still playing?

EMachine10
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Two questions

Is Samardzija any good yet? I feel like he's getting clocked by every Cubs opponent year in and year out.

Edwin Jackson is still playing?
Yes. Check out his last 3 years.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/29166/jeff-samardzija

Shoeless
05-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Yes. Check out his last 3 years.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/29166/jeff-samardzija

Okay I see. I just don't follow the Cubs closely enough. Lets take the series.

skobabe8
05-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Does the BP Cup still exist? Remember that thing?

Shoeless
05-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Does the BP Cup still exist? Remember that thing?

The Sox used it for BP and shattered it into BPieces :)

Foulke You
05-27-2013, 03:34 AM
The "beloved" crosstown cup still exists. I believe they no longer have the BP sponsor though.

As far as the series, the key to beating the Cubs is getting into their awful bullpen. Their starters have actually been pretty solid.

Dan H
05-27-2013, 09:16 AM
The "beloved" crosstown cup still exists. I believe they no longer have the BP sponsor though.

As far as the series, the key to beating the Cubs is getting into their awful bullpen. Their starters have actually been pretty solid.

I agree that beating the Cubs happens when a team does get to their bullpen. Otherwise with strong starting pitching and weak offenses on both sides, I anticipate every game to be close.

As for the crosstown cup, they know what they can do with that stupid thing.