PDA

View Full Version : Crede

whitesoxwilkes
08-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Is it me, or does Crede look lost up there against major league pitching? Maybe I'm judging too soon, but it seems like he's way ahead of everything he faces....please don't stone me, I'm not ripping him!

RedPinStripes
08-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Is it me, or does Crede look lost up there against major league pitching? Maybe I'm judging too soon, but it seems like he's way ahead of everything he faces....please don't stone me, I'm not ripping him!

He's my favorite player and I never dump on him, but he does look like a deer in headlights.

Hopefully it's just the jitters of a newbie in the biggs.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2002, 07:41 PM
I kinda agree with you, but this series has had pretty good pitching from both sides, just give him some time and I think he'll get better, it'll take some time for him to get used to major league pitching, willie harris didn't look too good when he played in the cubs series and went 0 for 7, but he's getting better and better now

Daver
08-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

He's my favorite player and I never dump on him, but he does look like a deer in headlights.

Hopefully it's just the jitters of a newbie in the biggs.

He's been there twice before.........

RedPinStripes
08-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yeah, but he was never supposed to stay. He looks nervous.

delben91
08-01-2002, 07:43 PM

True, but as well as he'd been hitting in AAA, I don't think he's a sub-Clayton type hitter.

Daver
08-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by delben91

True, but as well as he'd been hitting in AAA, I don't think he's a sub-Clayton type hitter.

I was just yanking RPS's chain.

Crede will be fine.

RedPinStripes
08-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by delben91

I'm not worried about him. He'll catch on . Hopefully sooner then later.

RedPinStripes
08-01-2002, 07:47 PM

I was just yanking RPS's chain.

You know how to get quick replies from me. :smile: I am the original "CredeFan" I've been tempted to go back to that name.

LongDistanceFan
08-01-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

You know how to get quick replies from me. :smile: I am the original "CredeFan" I've been tempted to go back to that name.

crede sucks b/c of the defense we are losing at ss, with jose. :angry:

:D: :gulp:

doublem23
08-01-2002, 08:20 PM
I don't know how much playing at the Twinkie Dome helps a rookie out, either.

Just a thought.

soxtalker
08-01-2002, 11:59 PM
I vaguely remember that Robin Ventura had a horrible hitless streak when he first started out in the majors. And that was after being named college player of the decade (80's). I still remember Ozzie Guillen giving him much grief (in an obviously good-natured manner) about it.

RedPinStripes
08-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I vaguely remember that Robin Ventura had a horrible hitless streak when he first started out in the majors. And that was after being named college player of the decade (80's). I still remember Ozzie Guillen giving him much grief (in an obviously good-natured manner) about it.

If Crede goes 0-41 and has a career like Ventura, I'll take it! :gulp:

RedPinStripes
08-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

crede sucks b/c of the defense we are losing at ss, with jose. :angry:

:D: :gulp:

Thank god for teal. :smile:

CubKilla
08-02-2002, 10:57 AM
I'll keep my comments to myself until he has at least 100 AB's under his belt. And even if Daver was kidding when he said, "He's been there twice before," the fact still remains that he has been here before and he didn't hit very well either time. And hopefully the fact that, "he was never supposed to stay," was not the reason for the sub-par offense. If this was Crede's mindset the first two call-ups he shouldn't have been playing with the MLB team. Right now, 3B is Crede's spot to lose. I hope he can find his stroke because this time he's supposed to stay.

DrWatson27
08-02-2002, 11:06 AM
As long as he keeps Choice K-layton out of the lineup he can go 0 for the rest of the year and I'd still be happy.

WinningUgly!
08-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I'll keep my comments to myself until he has at least 100 AB's under his belt. And even if Daver was kidding when he said, "He's been there twice before," the fact still remains that he has been here before and he didn't hit very well either time. And hopefully the fact that, "he was never supposed to stay," was not the reason for the sub-par offense. If this was Crede's mindset the first two call-ups he shouldn't have been playing with the MLB team. Right now, 3B is Crede's spot to lose. I hope he can find his stroke because this time he's supposed to stay.

He struggled during his 2 previous times in the "Bigs" but a lot of that had to do with being a part-time player. Seeing live Major League pitching 4-5 times a week could probably be a little rough anyone's batting average. Now that it's his job to keep, he'll get 4-5 ab's a night. Check out his numbers after 2-3 weeks...he'll be fine.