PDA

View Full Version : AJ drop 3rd strike moment

Winningugly23
05-19-2013, 04:33 PM
So I coach an all-star Cal Ripken team and the other night trailing 16-6 came back in tied it 16-16. Top of the 6th we had runners on 2nd and 3rd my hitter swag and missed. The ball hits the ground catch thinks he caught it throws the ball back to the mound..the other team coming in to the dugout and iam screaming for my guys to run home, my batter is just looking at me and iam like run he goes all the way home we win 19-16...I swear when this happen in my head I saw a clear replay of the AJ play from game 2 Alcs 05..lol i was thinking people would enjoy this lol...

HomeFish
05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Last night I was at a house party in Washington DC, and there was another White Sox fan there. We reminisced about our favorite AJ moments. I was in the upper deck for Game 2 of the ALCS, but my favorite moment is still when he was called safe at second base in 2008 because he got the second baseman to shove him.

That move literally won the division.

LITTLE NELL
05-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Last night I was at a house party in Washington DC, and there was another White Sox fan there. We reminisced about our favorite AJ moments. I was in the upper deck for Game 2 of the ALCS, but my favorite moment is still when he was called safe at second base in 2008 because he got the second baseman to shove him.

That move literally won the division.

Yes, that was a huge deal in 2008, it was against the Rays on a Sunday afternoon. I was up visiting in Chicago that week and saw the Saturday loss to the Rays and the Sunday win. If we lose that game we don't make it to the one game playoff.

Brian26
05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes, that was a huge deal in 2008, it was against the Rays on a Sunday afternoon. I was up visiting in Chicago that week and saw the Saturday loss to the Rays and the Sunday win. If we lose that game we don't make it to the one game playoff.

Yep, I was at that game too. Great play by AJ.

CoopaLoop
05-19-2013, 07:55 PM
My favorite thing about A.J was the subtle dick moves he would do. Always running across the pitchers' mound after an out would be at the top of that list.

RKMeibalane
05-19-2013, 08:53 PM
My favorite thing about A.J was the subtle dick moves he would do. Always running across the pitchers' mound after an out would be at the top of that list.

Is that you, Paul?

jcw218
05-20-2013, 12:12 AM
One of my more memorable AJ moments was against the Dodgers when this happened:

:walkoff:

QueerGirrl
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Still one of my favorite AJ moments ever! That look on his face is priceless.

GABP
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/bfields/ajsig1gc.jpg

thomas35forever
05-21-2013, 02:48 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/bfields/ajsig1gc.jpg
Do the Boone Walk!

Moses_Scurry
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Best moment that I've seen in person for any sport.

Oblong
05-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I will never ever ever understand the heat AJ took for that play against the Angels. Never. It wasn't cheating. It wasn't bad sportsmanship. It wasn't sleazy. The umps blew it. Not him. It's not a player's responsibility to do the umps job for them. He wasn't called out so he ran to 1st. That's smart. I had an argument with someone on our Tiger message board about it and I can usually understand a counter point. On this issue there was none.

RadioheadRocks
05-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I will never ever ever understand the heat AJ took for that play against the Angels. Never. It wasn't cheating. It wasn't bad sportsmanship. It wasn't sleazy. The umps blew it. Not him. It's not a player's responsibility to do the umps job for them. He wasn't called out so he ran to 1st. That's smart. I had an argument with someone on our Tiger message board about it and I can usually understand a counter point. On this issue there was none.

Let's not forget mental midgets Buck and McCarver were announcing that post-season and would not shut the **** up about it throughout the rest of the series.