PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Walk in the Park Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
05-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Nice closeout by Reed too.

Tragg
05-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Nice to play a team more generous to the opponent than we are.

Nice W.

all*star quentin
05-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Ha! On a Winning streak. :cool:

voodoochile
05-17-2013, 12:21 AM
3 games under 4 games back...:dunno:

:soxwin:

shingo10
05-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Dunn's looking good these days.

4 out of 5.

Don't stop now boys.

Tragg
05-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Watching the highlights and I saw the throw by Rios. That was an absolutely perfect throw to the inch. Terrific. Flowers gets out there and blocks the plate too - don't know why people complain about that aspect.

Also saw the Tank play in left: yikes

slavko
05-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Tank gave them two runs and they gave it back, plus. The Angels are in a sad way, boo hoo. I feel for Scioscia, but it eventually happens to the best of them, and he is among the best.

Foulke You
05-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Tank gave them two runs and they gave it back, plus. The Angels are in a sad way, boo hoo. I feel for Scioscia, but it eventually happens to the best of them, and he is among the best.
Scioscia is a good manager but he did us a huge favor pulling Jerome Williams after only 72 pitches tonight.

Dunn's looking good these days.
Outside of Rios, he has been our most dangerous hitter. It's like he hit rock bottom in last Saturday's game, sat out the Sunday game, and then came out guns blazing on the road trip with a new approach. The changed batting stance seems to have given him a quicker swing and he is hitting to both sides of the field with authority and working counts deep. The Adam Dunn lynch mob is going to have to put down their torches and pitch forks if he keeps this up.:tongue:

Foulke You
05-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Some side notes:

Conor Gillaspie had another rock solid game behind the scenes today. Good defense, good at bats, desperately needed walks, and a double to boot. Kudos to the Sox scouting department for finding this kid. I just wish they had found him before the Sox gave Keppinger a 3 year deal. Nothing fancy about Conor, just a really solid baseball player. We need more players like him.

Tyler Flowers followed up his solid game in Minnesota by looking completely inept at the plate tonight. He just can't seem to string good games together. He came up multiple times in RISP situations and lunged at pitches way out of the zone in every at bat. Oh well, at least he made a good tag at the plate.

JB98
05-17-2013, 01:28 AM
The Angels gave this one away tonight. That's cool with me. The Sox could use a little charity. God knows we've been on the wrong end of games like this far too often this season.

9in'59
05-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Up to this point, I've had to put up with a pretty cocky Detroit fan at work. It'll be nice to see him begin to squirm! :smile:

Unfortunately, my 2-hour nap turned into a 5-hour nap and I missed the entire game. When I'm through here, I'll go check out the highlights.

If Adam can continue to hit and we can shore up the defense, I believe we can take the division. Never give up!

Go Sox! :gulp:

Chez
05-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Congratulations to Jeff Keppinger for drawing his first walk of the season.

TomBradley72
05-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Dunn is a monster right now- incredibly short and quick, and driving ball hard to left center/center- I don't recall seeing that much in his time with the Sox. Gillaspie settling in at 3rd- a real find by Hahn- might solve our problem there for a few years- which is huge.

Pitching very solid again-

LAAAAAA was very generous.

Team does seem to have a little more spark.

If we can get to .500 we're only a few games back with Beckham and Danks waiting in the wings- it would be nice to be in the race for at least a few months-

aryzner
05-17-2013, 07:50 AM
More of this Adam Dunn, please. Get rid of the other Adam Dunn.

DrCrawdad
05-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Watching the highlights and I saw the throw by Rios. That was an absolutely perfect throw to the inch. Terrific. Flowers gets out there and blocks the plate too - don't know why people complain about that aspect.

Also saw the Tank play in left: yikes

Great throw by Rios. I loved Paciorek's reaction. I thought the runner might have been called safe.

Good to have the breaks go the Sox way.

Railsplitter
05-17-2013, 08:07 AM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Now , can this team put four wins in a row?

SCCWS
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Hopefully the Sox take at least 2 more from the Angels. I always feel Sale will win and Peavy is pretty hot as well. But unfortunately next week we catch Lester and Buchholz who are both 6-0 and only Sale and not Peavy goes against them.
Certainly the Sox are improving, but now we need the Indians to cool off. The Sox went 6-4 and lost a game to the division leading Indians going 7-3. Tigers and Royals are both struggling and Twins have to face Red Sox this weekend. Unfortunately they will miss Lester who is hot right now.

doublem23
05-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Certainly the Sox are improving, but now we need the Indians to cool off.

No doubt in my mind that they will. This has been the usual song for the Tribe lately, hasn't it? Start hot, fade badly as the season wears on...

They're starting rotation right now is Masterson, McAllister, Jimenez, Kluber, and Kazmir... That has to come back to Earth.

But I'll worry more about whose in first when we're not in last.

cards press box
05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Things have been getting better, to borrow a phrase from The Beatles.

:winner

SephClone89
05-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Things have been getting better, to borrow a phrase from The Beatles.

:winner

The Beatles never once used that phrase. :tongue:

ChiSoxGal85
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Great game - I can't believe I fell asleep for the 9th inning and had to watch it on DVR this morning. :o:

For me, Rios' great throw and Flowers' perfect block of the plate set the tone for this game. I also loved seeing the Sox take advantage of other team's mistakes, even though the Sox made their own (Viciedo! ugh!).

Good things are happening (especially offensively) now. Viciedo seems to be seeing pitches better since he got back from the DL...Conor Gillaspie has really been solid...even Keppinger seems to be getting back on track.

Mostly, though, I attribute this feeling-good-about-the-Sox to Dunn's resurgence. Welcome back, Donkey!! The pitching has been mostly solid, and if Paulie could just get back in the groove...well, I have hope.

harwar
05-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm wondering if the White Sox might be in danger of becoming a good team..

harwar
05-17-2013, 11:22 AM
The Beatles never once used that phrase. :tongue:

Perhaps he's thinking of the film "The Postman" where Kevin Costner quotes new fictional president, Richard Starkey as saying that "Things are getting better"..

Lip Man 1
05-17-2013, 11:26 AM
3rd game this year the Sox have won when trailing in the 7th inning or later (matches the fact that they've lost three games when leading after the 7th.)

As others have said, nice to have someone give the Sox a game for a change. Between DeAza getting picked off (another baserunning blunder) and Dayan's "adventure" in left field it looked like another loss.

Lip

TaylorStSox
05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Let the record show that Viciedo's non-catch was in no way an easy or routine play.

hawkjt
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Let the record show that Viciedo's non-catch was in no way an easy or routine play.

That what I thought....sometimes stuff happens.

Nice comeback,Sox! Dunn is leading the charge this week,and we need him to stay hot for awhile.

Get back to .500 and start over...like last May,and we can still have a fun summer!

MISoxfan
05-17-2013, 01:00 PM
With Alexei's 5 game hitting streak returning his .OBP back to .300+ and the return of Viciedo we're actually up to 4 starters with +.300. It's still awful, but with De Aza coming around and Dunn hitting we could actually have an average offense. Maybe even a plus offense if Paulie has one more run in him.

StillMissOzzie
05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
The Angels gave this one away tonight. That's cool with me. The Sox could use a little charity. God knows we've been on the wrong end of games like this far too often this season.

Zactly how I felt. Nice to be on the receiving end of a gift-wrapped game for a change.

SMO

doublem23
05-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Agreed, a play that could have been made, but it's not like he went Juan Pierre on us and dropped a routine pop fly

TaylorStSox
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Agreed, a play that could have been made, but it's not like he went Juan Pierre on us and dropped a routine pop fly

Could have, but not should have. I was actually shocked he got such a good jump on it. It was a strange hit.

kufram
05-17-2013, 03:01 PM
I think Viciedo could have caught the ball because he had his whole glove on it, but he was not in a great position to make the catch so saying he should have caught it is a stretch. Saying that it was a poor play defensively is being very unkind in my opinion.

It's pretty easy to say he ran a bad route to the ball but that ball was hit hard and one step the wrong way, which is easily done, makes it a very difficult play to make. I think Viciedo has pulled his weight in left field.