PDA

View Full Version : My Twinkie Dome Experience

whitesoxwilkes
08-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Just got back from 2 days in that oversized Jewel bag otherwise known as the Metrodome. It was without a doubt the worst baseball experience I have had (and I have been to 23 parks). The seats, even in the lower level are steeper than the upper deck at Comiskey, concourses are narrow and the rows are 40 seats wide which makes it impossible to order a beer, the hot dogs tasted like open a$$, the field looks like it was put together with magic markers and tape, and the fans are fat, loud and unorginal..the best chant i heard was "white sox suck."

Oh, and it reeks worse than The Urinal.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

LOL! Worse than the Urinal? I couldn't imagine such a thing being possible!

:lynch&mcfail
"Great news! The switch to extra-strength Pine Sol and Tidy-Bowl rinse is starting to pay off! Now if we can just get those sloven pigs to stop peeing in the sinks..."

Foulke You
08-01-2002, 04:00 PM
Just got back from 2 days in that oversized Jewel bag otherwise known as the Metrodome. It was without a doubt the worst baseball experience I have had (and I have been to 23 parks). The seats, even in the lower level are steeper than the upper deck at Comiskey, concourses are narrow and the rows are 40 seats wide which makes it impossible to order a beer, the hot dogs tasted like open a$$, the field looks like it was put together with magic markers and tape, and the fans are fat, loud and unorginal..the best chant i heard was "white sox suck."

I hate watching games on TV when the Sox play at that place so I can imagine what it is like to actually see a game there. I've noticed that the crowds there go absolutely nuts every time a ball is hit decently on the ground. They're so used to their Twinkees getting squib turf hits that it seems everytime the ball is hit on the ground they go ape$#!t similar to Flub fans every time Sammy hits a ball into the air.

ma-gaga
08-01-2002, 04:45 PM
The seats, even in the lower level are steeper than the upper deck at Comiskey, concourses are narrow and the rows are 40 seats wide which makes it impossible to order a beer, the hot dogs tasted like open a$$, the field looks like it was put together with magic markers and

Yes, but it was air conditioned! Can't get that in one of those fancy open-air stadiums!

:)

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2002, 12:44 AM

Oh, and it reeks worse than The Urinal. I was at the dome for the Tuesday night game. I take issue with just a couple of your points.

No way are the lower deck seats steeper than Comiskey's upper deck. Not even close to as steep. Yes, concourses are narrow, and I was right in the middle of those super-wide rows. Getting out was a huge pain. I second your opinion of the hotdogs. Worst I've ever had. How I missed the grilled Best's Koshers.

But as for the smell? Nah. It's plain, ugly concrete, but it doesn't smell other than the usual concourse melange of all the food smells. Wrigley (and old Comiskey) smelled like the men's room in a bad tavern.

NorthSideConvert
08-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Did you make the Experience complete with a few Grain Belt beers? :gulp: