PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-15 Love These Easy Ones Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
05-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Can we have more please?

DumpJerry
05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Right now, the Twins are saying "there's no place like Dome. There's no place like Dome....." while clicking their heels.

doublem23
05-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Who would have thought a few years ago that now we'd be wanting to play the Twins MORE often???

PushinWeight
05-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Who would have thought a few years ago that now we'd be wanting to play the Twins MORE often???

The one place Dunn has looked like a major league hitter this season.

harwar
05-15-2013, 04:43 PM
The Ax with a gutsy performance, going 5.1 and getting the win,with absolutely nothing .. Tank and Dunn both on home run tears .. Rios another productive day at the plate .. NO White Sox errors .. and astros beat the tigers .. all in all a good day..

hawkjt
05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
The Ax with a gutsy performance, going 5.1 and getting the win,with absolutely nothing .. Tank and Dunn both on home run tears .. Rios another productive day at the plate .. NO White Sox errors .. and astros beat the tigers .. all in all a good day..

A GREAT day, I would say.

Dunn on fire since he changed his stance....I will take it. That double off the left field wall was an absolute rope that would have been way out if it got up,and of course Dunn was robbed of another homer on Monday nite.

Maybe he found the key...please!

Lip Man 1
05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
A veritable plethora of runs. The nine scored is the most this season. It only took them 38 games. LOL.

On to Disneyland!

Lip

Risk
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM
More please.

Risk

LITTLE NELL
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Lets hope this the start of getting out of our season long hitting slump.
Gutsy performance by the Axe today, as Hawk said; He's got stones.

Lip Man 1
05-15-2013, 04:50 PM
By next week everyone should be back on the roster, Beckham, Sanchez and John Danks.

Then we'll see.

Lip

LITTLE NELL
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
By next week everyone should be back on the roster, Beckham, Sanchez and John Danks.

Then we'll see.

Lip

Very good point. Is Beckham going to do a rehab stint in Charlotte?

vinny
05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Congratulations to Brian Omogrosso for his first 1-2-3 inning of the season. Just about everybody had a good day (except maybe Wise and Gimenez).

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Even Keppinger got a crucial double with RISP.

vinny
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM

Yes.

Chicago White Sox
@gordonbeckham said he is leaving today for Charlotte rehab. He will likely not be in the lineup until Saturday.

ChiSoxGal85
05-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Now if Dunn has just been *this* Adam Dunn -- the one who showed up in the Twins series -- I think it would be a very different season thus far.

Congrats to Keppinger for finally hitting a key double.

Beckham is expected to start his rehab assignment in a game in Charlotte on Saturday.

I think the Sox have really missed Beckham defensively. I saw at least one grounder that I think Beckham could have corralled today that Keppinger did not. I'll be glad to see Gordon back.

voodoochile
05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Anyone else get the impression Donkey was a little ticked about that call at first yesterday?

:soxwin:

TDog
05-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Right now, the Twins are saying "there's no place like Dome. There's no place like Dome....." while clicking their heels.

The Twins have actually played a lot better than people expected this year. A lot of people believe they will hit, while doubting they will be able to outhit other teams going against their pitching, at least enough to contend.

Today it started out like the Sox were going to be looking up at the Twins all day, not unlike Monday night. They already had six hits after two inning. The way Axelrod was pitching, it looked not like the Twins were squandering opportunities, but that it was just a matter of time before time before all those baserunners would translate into runs.

The biggest difference was that Adam Dunn had perhaps his best offensive day in the White Sox lineup. I haven't looked up hits and total bases and such. It certainly wouldn't be his first two-home-run day and probably not his first three-extra-base hit day. But when you consider the first home run tied the game that looked like it could get away from the Sox and the double extended a one-run lead and set up a further run in the inning and even the second homer essentially gave Addison Read the day off, I don't think he has had another game with the Sox where he had so much offense that meant so much in a win. Today he was the RBI man Sox fans expected him to be. Really, he has had a very good series in Minnesota when you consider he was robbed of a home run Monday night that would have tied the game in the middle innings, and really would have made this an entirely different series.

While Dunn was what a cleanup hitter should be, Alex Rios was what a No. 3 hitter should be. Viciedo homered again to break the tie and later got an important sacrifice fly. Even Keppinger had a big two-out, two-run double to extend a close lead as the bullpen was bending.

On top of that, Axelrod held the Twins on a day when it didn't appear he had the stuff to consistently get Twins hitters out. He has pitched better games, he has had much better stuff, but the way he battled today, he really did deserve the win.

cards press box
05-15-2013, 05:16 PM
The one place Dunn has looked like a major league hitter this season.

I guess Dunn raising his hands at the plate has helped. Great results so far!

:winner

SI1020
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Now if Dunn has just been *this* Adam Dunn -- the one who showed up in the Twins series -- I think it would be a very different season thus far.
If only he'd of been the NL version of Adam Dunn, how different things might have been. Who knows, Ozzie might still be here? I've done my share of piling on, but I really hope this means he's getting it back. There is too much season left for me to want to throw in the towel.

voodoochile
05-15-2013, 05:26 PM
If only he'd of been the NL version of Adam Dunn, how different things might have been. Who knows, Ozzie might still be here? I've done my share of piling on, but I really hope this means he's getting it back. There is too much season left for me to want to throw in the towel.

Yeah the good news is that there are 4.5 months of baseball left and the Sox are 5 games out of first. If Tank and Donkey can keep putting up some numbers the Sox will score a LOT more runs and their pitching continues to impress with Danks due back soon...

Tragg
05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice win.
B lineup and mostly B pitchers.
Keep Wise out of leadoff position, please. He hits badly there, even for him.

TheVulture
05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
What the heck, an afternoon game on a Wedsnesday?!? Now what am I going to do after dinner?

So that's three out of four, right? Not too shabby.

Tragg
05-15-2013, 05:34 PM
The Twins have actually played a lot better than people expected this year. A lot of people believe they will hit, while doubting they will be able to outhit other teams going against their pitching, at least enough to contend.

They're not contending this year. They'll finish last. But they do hit pretty well and supposedly have some A+ positional prospects, but their pitching is too poor. They'll just have to get some pitching.

SOXSINCE'70
05-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Dunn on fire since he changed his stance....I will take it. That double off the left field wall was an absolute rope that would have been way out if it got up,and of course Dunn was robbed of another homer on Monday nite.

Maybe he found the key...please!

If he found the key,make copies for Keppinger and Konerko.
PLEASE!!!

SOXSINCE'70
05-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I guess Dunn raising his hands at the plate has helped. Great results so far!

:winner

It did wonders for Rios in 2012.

billyvsox
05-15-2013, 06:25 PM
What the heck, an afternoon game on a Wedsnesday?!? Now what am I going to do after dinner?

So that's three out of four, right? Not too shabby.

Set up perfectly to watch Blackhawks and Bulls.

BTW....who was that guy wearing Dunn's uniform. He should play more

BainesHOF
05-15-2013, 06:44 PM
New rule: The people who trash Dunn don't get to cheer him the moment he has a good game.

TheVulture
05-15-2013, 06:48 PM
New rule: The people who trash Dunn don't get to cheer him the moment he has a good game.

Considering he's still the worst major league hitter this side of Keppinger, that should be an easy rule to maintain.

Crestani
05-15-2013, 06:51 PM

Then we'll see.

Lip

I would be shocked if Sanchez beat out Gillaspie..!!

TomBradley72
05-15-2013, 06:56 PM

Why? You don't think he deserves it?

BainesHOF
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Dunn now has 415 home runs, which ranks 47th in baseball history.

BainesHOF
05-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Why? You don't think he deserves it?

I personally don't boo a player unless I see a lack of effort. However, I support a paying customer's right to boo.

I know Dunn's having another awful season so far, but he's hardly been the only player who hasn't hit well. A lot of the things I heard yelled at him during Saturday's game was idiotic. People were embarrassing themselves.

tstrike2000
05-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Dunn went to .137 to .156 in the last 5 days. The man's on fire! Put these three games in mp4 format, have Dunn watched them over and over on his iPad, and tell him to do that at home.

Foulke You
05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
I do enjoy beating the Twins brains in no matter where they are expected to finish in the standings. An enjoyable series for the Sox. Arguably Dunn's best game in a White Sox uniform. Tank has really looked good of late, Alexei has come alive in the 2 hole, and Rios keeps hitting. It was nice to see Keppinger get a big RBI double too. Finally, some positives to talk about.

TheVulture
05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Dunn now has 415 home runs, which ranks 47th in baseball history.

Hey, the performance almost got his career White Sox batting average up to .180 too.

mzh
05-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Remind me again how Viciedo is one of the, what, 3 most unproductive players in baseball? :cool:

Tragg
05-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Dunn also looks 1000 times better at the plate and swinging than he did 2 weeks ago.
Going to left is really good sign.

Railsplitter
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Can we have more please?
"Please, sir, I want more"
:bandance::bandance:
:notwinks

DrCrawdad
05-16-2013, 12:09 AM
I personally don't boo a player unless I see a lack of effort. However, I support a paying customer's right to boo.

I know Dunn's having another awful season so far, but he's hardly been the only player who hasn't hit well. A lot of the things I heard yelled at him during Saturday's game was idiotic. People were embarrassing themselves.

I agree 100% with your comments. I boo Sox players if I suspect a lack of effort. I do not see that with Dunn.

I do enjoy beating the Twins brains in no matter where they are expected to finish in the standings. An enjoyable series for the Sox. Arguably Dunn's best game in a White Sox uniform. Tank has really looked good of late, Alexei has come alive in the 2 hole, and Rios keeps hitting. It was nice to see Keppinger get a big RBI double too. Finally, some positives to talk about.

Agree here with you too. I love Sox wins over the Twins.

JB98
05-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Perhaps now would be a good time to point out that the Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers. :cool: