PDA

View Full Version : We have the best record in all of baseball

kufram
05-04-2013, 06:29 AM
We have the best record in all of baseball.... for a team in last place in their division. Well, one has to look hard for positives at the moment. Tread water, boys. Other teams will have injuries too.

Railsplitter
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Tallest midget, loudest whiperer, toughest wimp...

Zakath
05-04-2013, 09:22 AM
It helps to play in the weakest division in baseball.

Golden Sox
05-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm disappointed in all of the negative comments posted about the 2013 White Sox. Granted the team has some warts (Adam Dunn), but when you consider all of the injuries the team has had the first month we're still only 4 games out of first place. If we can stay close and then get Danks, Beckham and the Tank back, I really think we can make a run at the playoffs this year. It isn't like we're 10 games out of first place like Toronto is. If we get healthy and we're close, 2013 could turn out to be a good year.

ChiSoxGal85
05-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I haven't given up yet. Sometimes I get frustrated, but for me the season isn't over until the Sox are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Conor Gillaspie has been a nice surprise so far, and I'm curious to see if Gordon Beckham can come back from his injury and put it in high gear.

What with all the injuries, it's already been an "interesting" season.

Zakath
05-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Won't speak for all people, but I believe that the frustration level comes from the fact that it seems like we have to play the perfect game to win. If one element doesn't show up, e.g. bullpen, defense, we find a way to lose.

I agree that with the injuries we've had, I'm ecstatic that this team is only 3 games under .500. May's really going to be a struggle to keep themselves from falling out of the picture. The schedule has a lot of road games, and a lot of games vs. the Angels, who are struggling more than we are. It eases up significantly near the end of the month, with a home series vs. the Marlins and the 4 games with the Minor Leaguers.

If we're still 3 under .500 at the end of May and within 5-7 games of the lead, I like our chances to contend the rest of the season.

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm not giving up yet, if Danks comes back strong our starting rotation should keep us in a lot of games. We need to pick up the hitting and I think it will when the weather warms up.

kufram
05-04-2013, 12:47 PM
For me, it is way too early to be thinking playoffs or anything else in terms of a successful season. I want to stay with the pack right now. I don't care if our division is as good as bad as any other. We play in the AL Central. That's it.

Bottom line is that good pitching is what everybody wants. We have seen a lot of good things from the mound already. How many games did we win by one run in 2005? No cue for for being shouted at for comparing '13 to '05.... I'm not. That team could execute from the plate. We can't right now. But a little more offense will win some of the games we've been losing. So, offense? Wake up, please.

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2013, 02:10 PM

I'm not sure how to rate how good a division is but right now the A L Central is 7 games over .500. The A L East is 9 over and the West is 13 under. That would put the A L at 3 games over for the whole league which means that the A L is not dominating the N L as in the past.

Frater Perdurabo
05-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure how to rate how good a division is but right now the A L Central is 7 games over .500. The A L East is 9 over and the West is 13 under. That would put the A L at 3 games over for the whole league which means that the A L is not dominating the N L as in the past.

One word: Houston

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2013, 02:28 PM
One word: Houston

Yeah but Miami has the same record in the N L so those two cancel each other out.

TDog
05-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Does it?

The White Sox have a winning record against the West, and a .500 record against the East. They have a losing record against the NL and the AL Central. The Sox haven't been helped by playing in the weakest division in baseball. Even last year they beat the Rangers as many times as they beat the Tigers, but they had three times more losses against the Tigers.

JayVee
05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I don't think the "weakest division" sentiment will hold up this year. KC looks like they're for real this year, and the Tigers are the Tigers. I'm still not sure about the Indians, they might be bad (or not), but not historically so. I wouldn't be surprised to see the top three teams all finish above .500.