PDA

View Full Version : Twins Could Be Scary In A Few Years

XplodingScorbord
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Twins minor league teams are rippin' it up. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/minnesota-twins-owning-minor-leagues-145800199.html)

eriqjaffe
05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I'll start tipping my cap now.

Marqhead
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Nah.
:dtroll:

Southsider101
05-03-2013, 03:13 PM
It's no secret that Terry Ryan's one of the best general managers in baseball. His return as GM seems to have set the Twins right after Billy Smith disaster.

salty99
05-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I saw Sano and Rosario both play last year and they were impressive. I hope to see Buxton at the end of the month at Kane County.

shingo10
05-03-2013, 07:59 PM
The Twins are scary every year. You never know when the next Lew Ford is going to pop up waving that magic wand.

DumpJerry
05-04-2013, 09:26 AM
:hawk
Is there another Carlos Gomez in their system? YESSSSSS!!!!!!

ChicagoG19
05-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Great. They'll be in the playoffs being swept by the Yankees in no time.

BleacherBandit
05-05-2013, 12:14 AM

If they're lucky they can make it a 4 game series!

GoSox2K3
05-06-2013, 08:34 AM
So, only 2 seasons removed from their last 90+ win season, the Twins have shaken up their management and have seen to it to re-stock the talent in their minor league system and they already have an impressive collection of prospects making their way up through the minors?

Impossible! According to the way the White Sox do things, it takes 5 years or more with the same management team to see possibly some meager, incremental progress in the level of talent in team's system. Any moves to significantly infuse the farm system with talent would be too long and painful of a process and is not worth even attempting.

Surely Minnesota has been hiring a string of former Twins players from the 80s and 90s in management and coaching roles throughout their system to shepard these new players into successful MLB players, no?

If they're lucky they can make it a 4 game series!

Yeah, I can hardly wait for another string of seasons where the Twins beat out the Sox for a playoff spot only to make a quick exit in the ALDS. Woohoo!! Sox Pride! 3rd place is going to look really sweet watching the Twins flop in the playoffs.

asindc
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
So, only 2 seasons removed from their last 90+ win season, the Twins have shaken up their management and have seen to it to re-stock the talent in their minor league system and they already have an impressive collection of prospects making their way up through the minors?

Impossible! According to the way the White Sox do things, it takes 5 years or more with the same management team to see possibly some meager, incremental progress in the level of talent in team's system. Any moves to significantly infuse the farm system with talent would be too long and painful of a process and is not worth even attempting.

Surely Minnesota has been hiring a string of former Twins players from the 80s and 90s in management and coaching roles throughout their system to shepard these new players into successful MLB players, no?

Yeah, I can hardly wait for another string of seasons where the Twins beat out the Sox for a playoff spot only to make a quick exit in the ALDS. Woohoo!! Sox Pride! 3rd place is going to look really sweet watching the Twins flop in the playoffs.

Let us know when those top-flight prospects actually get to the show and start playing playoff baseball. In other words, let's see it actually happen before we declare their 2-year plan a success.