PDA

View Full Version : Will we be the Twins....or the Royals...

Tragg
08-01-2002, 08:21 AM
We lost the first 2 hitters in the lineup, including one .380 OBP player. We might have 3 rookies in the infield next year. We're not a great walking team (never have been) and this team will struggle to score runs.

If we develop 3 reasonably consistent pitchers behind Beurhle, we'll compete with the Twins (we won't beat them next year, but we'll be okay).
If we can't, we'll compete with the Tigers and Royals as a free swinging team with marginal pitching. Oh, we'll be a bit better than them, as our hitting core is stronger.
But, if at this time next year we are fighting with those two at 15 games below .500, it might be bye bye maggs time.

Garland, Wright, Ritchie (yes, you, Ritchie - get your head out of the clouds) maybe another youngster--->it's time to pull it together. Whereever we're going next year, you're taking us there.

34 Inch Stick
08-01-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm afraid 4th place might be in the cards next year.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2002, 09:37 AM
Twins or Royals? Isn't the answer obvious. It's "Neither."

We will be the White Sox. We won't win jack. It's been like this for 85 years.

Even the Royals and Twins pull through and win a championship once in a while--and without the benefit of half the advantages that our excuse-making jerk of a chairman has, either.

That's why I say...

LongDistanceFan
08-01-2002, 09:39 AM
i think 2 place and with a vast improvement in the play we see on the field.

i have confident in the owners of the sox to try to put a winner on the field. problem with that, is kw is up to the job.

Paulwny
08-01-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Twins or Royals? Isn't the answer obvious. It's "Neither."

We will be the White Sox. We won't win jack. It's been like this for 85 years.

Even the Royals and Twins pull through and win a championship once in a while--and without the benefit of half the advantages that our excuse-making jerk of a chairman has, either.

That's why I say...

I hope I can out live JR to finally see a ws team.

Tragg
08-01-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I hope I can out live JR to finally see a ws team.

The scary thing is that he's easily the best owner in my now - aaaahhh - 35 years of following the Sox.

Paulwny
08-01-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

The scary thing is that he's easily the best owner in my now - aaaahhh - 35 years of following the Sox.

You're right, now I'm really depressed.

DrWatson27
08-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Twins or Royals?-Neither.

We are fast becoming like our crosstown Chicago team. Bad trades, ownship who only cares about $$ not winning, incompetent manegment, and worst of all no chance of winning a world series in the next 50 years. At least we as fans haven't turned to cubbie crack to ease our pain--yet.

Tragg
08-01-2002, 11:54 AM
And this regime has used some tactics cub incompetents have used for years: acquiring mediocre veterans in the belief they will put you over the top. (We get clayton, they get young; we get alomar, they get girardi). We haven't hyped our young players like the cubs do - yet.

TheBigHurt
08-01-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I'm afraid 4th place might be in the cards next year.

ohh that hurts.....who's in 5th place then??? tigers?