PDA

View Full Version : Enemencio Pachero's line Wednesday

capn12
08-01-2002, 04:27 AM
Hehe, another day, another pathetic performance by one of those "power" arms we "stole" from other teams:

WINSTON-SALEM IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
K.McWhirter 6.0 6 1 1 2 5 0 4.94
E.Pacheco (L,0-1) 1.1 4 4 4 1 2 1 27.00
M.Smith 0.2 2 1 1 0 0 1 4.59
A.Kirkland 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.15

And thats in A ball, folks!!!!
*Sigh*, well, at least we dont have to have a veteran catcher around anymore in exchange.

baggio202
08-01-2002, 07:35 AM
we would have been better off just cutting alomar and eating his salary..i mean we are paying almost all of it anyways...and we probably could have found a better prospect to sign in one of the independant leagues....

probably say the same thing for the stiff we got for durham and the two bums for howry...

soxtalker
08-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Well, you may be right, but it is pretty early. I don't have tremendous confidence in our coaching staffs, but they really haven't had much time to work with him. Also, we're looking at this from the perspective of the major league club only, so whom did he replace on the WS roster?

NC_sox_fan
08-01-2002, 10:26 AM
The Warthogs left last night for Potomac (near DC). We knew some roster moves would happen but nothing was announced at the game (what a disaster!). The roster now shows two new pitchers (Byeong An and Pecheco). The missing pitchers appear to be a reliever, Steve Madril and a starter/reliever, Denny Wagner. I'm sure there will be more moves. This is a bummer.

soxtalker
08-01-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
The Warthogs left last night for Potomac (near DC). We knew some roster moves would happen but nothing was announced at the game (what a disaster!). The roster now shows two new pitchers (Byeong An and Pecheco). The missing pitchers appear to be a reliever, Steve Madril and a starter/reliever, Denny Wagner. I'm sure there will be more moves. This is a bummer.

Why is it "a bummer"? Is it because you figured that Madril was pretty good? What happens to him (and any others that are dropped from the roster to make room for the recent acquisitions)?

NC_sox_fan
08-01-2002, 02:00 PM
What happens to the guys who are replaced on the roster? It could be either a) promotion (unlikely) b) demotion or c) released. I haven't been able to locate either Madril or Wagner yet on any rosters. I guess we'll find out soon.

It's a bummer because we get to know these guys throughout the season and always hope for something good to happen to them. They do NOT have an easy life in the minors.

NC_sox_fan
08-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Just found out the answer to what happened to the players on the Warthogs. The Winston-Salem Journal says that Madril and Wagner were both released.