PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Youkilis to the DL

Foulke You
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Youk to the DL with back trouble. Despite Keppinger's slow start, Hahn still made the right move by not investing big bucks in Youk. He is just too fragile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/youkilis-goes-dl-yankees-sprained-back-192335074.html

slavko
05-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Since he got $12M from NYY the decision wasn't a tough one to make. We didn't owe him anything for the two weeks of good baseball he gave us.

Keppinger will be fine.

doublem23
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
I believe the Yankees DL now has close to $100 million of salary on it.

Irishsox1
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
The Youk trade was a great trade and letting him sign elsewhere was the correct call, even before he went on the DL.

The bigger problem was Morel not panning out. The Sox didn't really have a back up plan if he didn't work. Hopefully Gillaspie will pan out given he's getting regular playing time for the first time at the MLB level.

Mr. Jinx
05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
The Youk trade was a great trade and letting him sign elsewhere was the correct call, even before he went on the DL.

The bigger problem was Morel not panning out. The Sox didn't really have a back up plan if he didn't work. Hopefully Gillaspie will pan out given he's getting regular playing time for the first time at the MLB level.

I don't know if I would call it a great trade, he had a few good weeks at the start and then played like **** the rest of the season. But we gave up a bag of balls for him so I guess some production was better than no production.

SephClone89
05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't know if I would call it a great trade, he had a few good weeks at the start and then played like **** the rest of the season. But we gave up a bag of balls for him so I guess some production was better than no production.

Right. I wouldn't say the trade was a total coup, but it was the right move to make, probably.

cards press box
05-04-2013, 02:07 AM
I read that he went on the DL with a sprained spine. I don't know exactly what that means but it sounds awful.