PDA

View Full Version : Marte

JoseCanseco6969
08-01-2002, 01:53 AM
i dont think we give this guy much attention, but i believe this is one of kw's few good moves with the sox. I didnt have any hopes for this young lefty but he's turned out to be our most consistent pitcher from the pen. anyone thoughts on his future with the team?

LongDistanceFan
08-01-2002, 02:20 AM
i really was very hesitant on him when we traded for him. since then, i have eaten my words and like him.

Mathew
08-01-2002, 02:28 AM
Nobody in the Sox pen doesn't give me the willies. But with Marte when he's on he gold, unlike some that insist on making me pull out all my hair.

LongDistanceFan
08-01-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Mathew
Nobody in the Sox pen doesn't give me the willies. But with Marte when he's on he gold, unlike some that insist on making me pull out all my hair.

what did get me nervous was when he came on when runner were on base.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-01-2002, 05:13 AM
I'll tell you guys what. The more I see Marte the more I like of him. He's bee a really steady player out of the pen all season long. Keep it up!

Tragg
08-01-2002, 07:02 AM
marte's okay, although I don't know what the pitcher we gave for him is doing (also don't know why manuel burns his two lefties in succession out of the pen last night).

But KW's best trade is easily harris for singleton, imo.

Soxheads
08-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
marte's okay, although I don't know what the pitcher we gave for him is doing (also don't know why manuel burns his two lefties in succession out of the pen last night).

I think I heard that Guerrier is doing horrible.

Randar68
08-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I think I heard that Guerrier is doing horrible.

Guerrier was not a very good pitcher in the first place. I am on record for saying he'll never be more than an average middle reliever if he makes it to the big show. At least KW ripped off Pittsburg in return. Marte's "flat slider" that was about to get cut by Pittsburg and the 95 mph lefty fastball has been more than impressive to me.

rmusacch
08-01-2002, 12:18 PM

I want to see a little more of Harris before I make that call. Singleton has not been bad as of late.

Iguana775
08-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

the 95 mph lefty fastball has been more than impressive to me.

that is what impresses me the most.

DrCrawdad
08-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
...At least KW ripped off Pittsburg in return. Marte's "flat slider" that was about to get cut by Pittsburg and the 95 mph lefty fastball has been more than impressive to me.

The Pitts GM's (can't recall his name at the moment) comments after this trade were pure smoke, 'We had no room for Marte. Marte was going to be released.' If he was going to release Marte then his talent evaluation is suspect. A lefty with Marte's stuff has to be worth something.

Paulwny
08-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

The Pitts GM's (can't recall his name at the moment) comments after this trade were pure smoke, 'We had no room for Marte. Marte was going to be released.' If he was going to release Marte then his talent evaluation is suspect. A lefty with Marte's stuff has to be worth something.

Yea, I remember that statement, not many good gm's out there.

voodoochile
08-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I want to see a little more of Harris before I make that call. Singleton has not been bad as of late.

Harris may only be average, but so was/is Singleton, so it wouldn't be a loss either way. Singleton wasn't in the Sox long range plans, so be happy they got a serious prospect for him...

JoseCanseco6969
08-01-2002, 12:43 PM

well i think that those are the only two good trades he has made, and i for one was very thrilled to get rid of singleton. I think harris will turn out to be a good ballplayer, not an allstar but a decent everyday player for our club.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2002, 01:18 PM

Singleton must have gotten another shipment of Albert Belle's "special" bats sent to Baltimore.

:slowswing
"The wonders of cork..."

DrCrawdad
08-01-2002, 01:30 PM

Singleton has not been bad as of late? Well Singleton's not been great either.

July .255 BA, .276 OBP
2002 season: .255, .286 OBP, 4 HR

voodoochile
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Singleton has not been bad as of late? Well Singleton's not been great either.

July .255 BA, .276 OBP
2002 season: .255, .286 OBP, 4 HR

WOOHOOO!!! How did we let that stud get away?

LTP Who? Bring back Singleton to play CF for the next decade...