PDA

View Full Version : mlb.tv/Extra Innings: who are your go-to teams?

SephClone89
04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
I get the impression a lot of people who have the out-of-market packages end up gravitating towards a few teams, whether it's due to the broadcasters, certain exciting players, or perhaps nostalgia for previous incarnations of the teams. Who are yours?

AL:
Rays (love the management philosophy and many lf the players...wish they had a real ballpark)
Angels (Trout fanboy...plain and simple)

NL:
Nationals (young guns, great pitching, decent broadcasting teams, nice-looking stadium)
Giants (broadcasting, Posey... They've been my favorite NL team since I was a kid)

At this point though, I'll likely opt for Dodgers over Giants and Angels on West coast nights solely due to the Vin Scully factor.

DSpivack
04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
MLB.tv is free today, for those interested.

asindc
04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
The Sox.

amsteel
04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
NL: Marlins - I was on the Marlins for several years as a kid in youth baseball, I went to a ton of Kane County Cougars games when they were a Marlins affiliate, and I've spent a lot of time in So Florida.

AL: Red Sox - I spent 4 months in Boston in 2010 and went to 2 dozen games, plus I'm moving there permanently in a week.

Unfortunately, I don't have a west coast team, but I usually watch the Giants since I have a bunch of their guys in fantasy and was just at AT&T Park in March.

chicagowhitesox1
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I use it to check out pitchers for fantasy baseball. Tony Cingrani is the guy i'm keeping a close eye on. I like that Jose Fernandez too.

I can't stand the Royals announcers, the one guy sounds like he's straight out of a WWF event.

DoItForDanPasqua
04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
AL: Detroit: I dislike them, but they have a good team. LA Angels: Interesting players to watch such as Trout and Pujols. Boston: Beautiful park; interesting team.
NL: Los Angeles: Vin Scully. Washington: Good team with interesting players such as Strasburg and Harper.