View Full Version : mlb.tv/Extra Innings: who are your go-to teams?

04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
I get the impression a lot of people who have the out-of-market packages end up gravitating towards a few teams, whether it's due to the broadcasters, certain exciting players, or perhaps nostalgia for previous incarnations of the teams. Who are yours?

Rays (love the management philosophy and many lf the players...wish they had a real ballpark)
Angels (Trout fanboy...plain and simple)

Nationals (young guns, great pitching, decent broadcasting teams, nice-looking stadium)
Giants (broadcasting, Posey... They've been my favorite NL team since I was a kid)

At this point though, I'll likely opt for Dodgers over Giants and Angels on West coast nights solely due to the Vin Scully factor.

04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
MLB.tv is free today, for those interested.

04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
The Sox.

04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
NL: Marlins - I was on the Marlins for several years as a kid in youth baseball, I went to a ton of Kane County Cougars games when they were a Marlins affiliate, and I've spent a lot of time in So Florida.

AL: Red Sox - I spent 4 months in Boston in 2010 and went to 2 dozen games, plus I'm moving there permanently in a week.

Unfortunately, I don't have a west coast team, but I usually watch the Giants since I have a bunch of their guys in fantasy and was just at AT&T Park in March.

04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I use it to check out pitchers for fantasy baseball. Tony Cingrani is the guy i'm keeping a close eye on. I like that Jose Fernandez too.

I can't stand the Royals announcers, the one guy sounds like he's straight out of a WWF event.

04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
AL: Detroit: I dislike them, but they have a good team. LA Angels: Interesting players to watch such as Trout and Pujols. Boston: Beautiful park; interesting team.
NL: Los Angeles: Vin Scully. Washington: Good team with interesting players such as Strasburg and Harper.